• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Resident Evil: Revelations 2 Info (Claire, Barry's Daughter, 1080p/60FPS, co-op)

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Wow, looks pretty awesome.

Somehow it looks more Silent Hill-ish.

Oh and FUCK YEAH CLAIRE!

Jawmuncher

Judging from what we've had, they'll both be action. One will just be advertised differently and have a worse combat system.

Yeah i'm still curios exactly what's in store.
Though we won't have to wait long since it is playable at TGS. So were bound to get some impressions and maybe even a gameplay video pretty quick.

I want dude bro evil, bro

Clint-Eastwood.gif

Mupod

According to her twitter she hasn't been contacted at all regarding reprising the role.

https://twitter.com/acourtroom/status/506822610919776256
https://twitter.com/acourtroom/status/506485469216260096
https://twitter.com/acourtroom/status/506854807194583040

If that's true, I truly wonder what the point is? Why does Capcom always feel the need to replace established voice actors since day one? They even got rid of Paul Mercer who voiced Leon in RE4 and Degeneration. Alyson has been the only long running VA since RE2 that has retained her role and continuity and now she may be getting replaced. Why?

At this point I'd rather she wasn't even in the game then.

Oh come on. I actually can't think of any other game characters that have kept a consistent voice actor for as long as Claire Redfield.

Zabant

The new Claire model looks like fucking Tobey Maguire

*fine it's gone*

A cropped photo of her face taken with a phone is a bit of a stretch to call a scan

spideytobey2.gif

"Claire Redfield will return as the playable lead and it is said that “In the time since we last saw her (Claire), she’s grown to be a seasoned veteran.”

The campaign will be playable in co-op or singleplayer.

When playing as Claire, her style will be more combat focused. Whereas Moira will be supplying Claire with health herbs, provided the flashlight and general support.

Claire will be the only player death that will result in a Game Over, one of Moira’s key roles will be to help keep Claire alive (though Claire can obviously heal herself)."

These details sound terrible. I was hoping the main character would be someone who ISN'T used to BOWs.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
I'm curious as to how well they'll handle Barry's backstory, if any of it is mentioned in this game. After Raccoon City he became a member of the Anti-Umbrella Pursuit and Investigation Team, the same secret U.S. military agency as Leon. I wonder if they'll even mention this. If they do, that'll be excellent, but if they don't, that's fine too.

I just hope they don't make him BSAA, though it's unlikely anyway due to his presence at the gala. If he's private security for TerraSave or something after the military agency was disbanded back in 2003/4, that would be most excellent.

I am hoping with the open dialogue/file history trivia in this game will dwell into this. Considering how Pivotal Barry Burton is in related to this I would be surprised if this doesn't get mentioned at all. More than anything I am hoping the translation job won't be crap.

Neff

60fps doesn't suit RE. There, I said it.

Otherwise, this all sounds good. Give me a decent amount of enemies and some puzzles and this should be a winner.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I wonder why the game is called "Revelations 2" instead of Resident Evil 7.

Maybe because Revelations was much better than Resident Evil 6?

They're probably splitting the series. Revelations will lean closer to the classic style while the mainline entries will continue on their current path.

News Bot

Banned

Because it's a prequel, not a sequel.

"Revelations" is now the sub-title of prequels that cover stories and events between the numbered titles. However, Revelations titles are still part of the main series.

Claire Redfield is back, that is pretty awesome, I worried about the whole Co-Op and Moira, Would have loved if we got play as Barry, but we will see how things unfolds.

If not sure about this, but can we switch between Claire and Moira ?, cause it seems that way from what I'm reading/seeing.

The new Afflicted enemy type are interesting, we need to see more, but this could be the return we have been waiting for.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Well technically Bayonetta is hundreds of years old

also many of the girls in the games on the vita

They're probably splitting the series. Revelations will lean closer to the classic style while the mainline entries will continue on their current path.

I think they're just splitting it so they can make more games because revelations 1 wasn't anything like classic re

Claire Redfield is back, that is pretty awesome, I worried about the whole Co-Op and Moira, Would have loved if we got play as Barry, but we will see how things unfolds.

If not sure about this, but can we switch between Claire and Moira ?, cause it seems that way from what I'm reading/seeing.

The new Afflicted enemy type are interesting, we need to see more, but this could be the return we have been waiting for.

Moira can't fight, she just has a flashlight, but player 2 in Co-op plays as her.

DedValve

Banned

Revelations was supposed to be the return we were waiting for. I'm just hoping for a solid campaign with a deep weapon rpg system all re4. There's not going to be a return to true horror but at least give me a replay able campaign.

rougetaal

Neo Member
What's wrong with Claire's design?
You do realize she was 19 in Resident Evil 2 whereas in Resident Evil Revelations: 2 she's in her 30's(33 or 34). Her sense of style will have changed.

Alienous

The image of Moira's flashlight blinding an Afflicted gives me hope. It would appear that if you run out of ammo or health, Moira is your only hope at staying alive as Claire.

That type of asymmetry could work really well in a CO-OP survival horror game. CO-OP doesn't just mean more guns in the mix. Each person is severely weakened when their partner isn't around.

Ganondorfo

Barry will be the final boss, it will be a very emotional final boss battle, where his daughter wont have the guts to do it, so she let Claire do it and then Claire will say a Resident Evil one liner like "I am sorry Barry". The next scene is in a chopper with a crying Claire and Jill.

I think they're just splitting it so they can make more games because revelations 1 wasn't anything like classic re

It was a hell of a lot closer to the classic style than the recent mainline entries have been. You gotta take what you can get. :/

Jobbs

Banned
can't wait.. revelations 1, while not perfect (the action levels were terrible), was really enjoyable.

not sure why capcom is unwilling to let go of co-op, though. being truly alone has a way of making these experiences more suspenseful.

Top Bottom