• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Ridge Racer 7 pictures

jett

D-Member
http://www.jeux-france.com/news17541_ridge-racer-7-s-expose.html

49531420060921_182215_4_big.jpg

49531420060921_182215_5_big.jpg

49531420060921_201327_6_big.jpg

Meh. The game should be looking like this:

49531420060921_201327_7_big.jpg

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
BLEH! why are the cars made of putty? i don't know what's going on with this game -- some of the shots look quite good, and these look like dogshit. didn't milkman allude to two different builds, in one of which the cars aren't reflective?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
WTF Namco. Turn on the motion blur already and hit the "HDR ON" button. It's right there on the SDK, near the Power button.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
More cars... and these still don't like anymore interesting then that lame ass 1up video.

antipode

Man. I hope the online modes shape up, otherwise 2006 is going to be remembered as the low point for this franchise.

JB1981

Doesn't look too hot. But then, I'm not a big racing game fan. Although, I do think Motorstorm looks like a blast.

K_S

Banned
To: Namco
Re: Your next-gen efforts

Next-gen consoles can actually do stuff the PS2 couldn't do.

/yours truly

Dante

It's a shame, that like 6 a lot of people might pass on this because it's not visually the most amazing thing ever, but aesthetically I always found the RR games to be very nice, and they got the type of gameplay I love in racing games.

REV 09

JB1981 said:
Doesn't look too hot. But then, I'm not a big racing game fan. Although, I do think Motorstorm looks like a blast.
we better see a new motorstorm track tonight. that game looks hott in motion.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
or maybe they're spending most of their dev time making obscene renders of reiko nagase and passing them around the office. cos i can tell you what they haven't spent any time on: the graphics. rr6.1 indeed.

jett

D-Member
I think Namco needs to hire new people, or put their current programmers through college or some shit.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Racers, sports games... These are usually the genres that look the most impressive and run smoothly, yet with both the 360 and now the PS3, none of these genres are knocking anyone's socks off in the 'looks dept'.

I love me some RR6, but it's hardly a leap compared to other last gen racers. Same goes for what we've seen of RR7.

The road textures in RR6 were very detailed. The controller even rumbled when your wheels traveled over road/bridge segment joints (for lack of a more accurate term). The road textures in RR7 don't look finished in comparison.

Dante

Ps3 not enough texture ram confirmed.

Yeah because Namco's next gen efforts have really been tearing things up vusially....FCK that!

Yeah the above shot and the enviornment shots did look really nice I thought, biggest problem with the new ones is they are pretty un-interesting shots.

snatches

DaCocoBrova said:
Racers, sports games... These are usually the genres that look the most impressive and run smoothly, yet with both the 360 and now the PS3, none of these genres are knocking anyone's socks off in the 'looks dept'.

PGR3 doesn't *look* good? Say what you want about frame rate (and you will) or output res being slightly lower than expected but PGR3 looks amazing. Especially in cockpit view.

DaCocoBrova

snatches said:
PGR3 doesn't *look* good? Say what you want about frame rate (and you will) or output res being slightly lower than expected but PGR3 looks amazing. Especially in cockpit view.

I honestly think RR6 looks superior than PGR3 (dark10x at least agrees with me on that), although clearly, from a technical perspective, it's inferior.

I own both btw.

Boards of Canada said:
Looks great, just like RR6.

Although once it's complete, I'm almost certain RR7 will look better... Based off of avail. media, I'd give the edge to RR6 at this point.

DaCocoBrova

Diablohead said:
Basicly looks like RR6 to me, I still dont know why I brought that game.

Maybe because you wanted the best racing game avail. on the 360...?

terrene

Banned
It looks exactly like RR6. Between this and Ridge Racers 2 for PSP, Namco's doin' the franchise wrong. But still, maybe it'll look better in spots, and it'll probably be 60fps like RR6.

ourumov

Lortnoc Egamad said:
Some screens actually look amazing, like this one:

49531420060921_182216_7_big.jpg
Yep...

So far, I believe that improving:

1) Shadowing/Self Shadowing on cars.

2) Throwing some effects on the ashpalt.

Might change a lot the opinions we are seeing here. There is also the fact of the lightning being pretty bland but well...it's a RR game not a GT game. It doesn't aim for realistic graphics.

Anyways, back when RRV was released the most impressing thing was the geometry there. I would wait to see how does RR7 perform in that sense, we could be trully wowed.

REV 09

Stinkles said:
Forget the graphics. It's 60fps and it plays GREAT (if it plays like RR6 which I assume it does)
i don't want to hear anyone that is creating the greatness, which is know as Halo 3, making this comment about any next gen game. :D

Edit: that screen above looks a little better. RR6 had some decent looking segments depending on the lighting on the track.

Wow, it's like they're not even trying.

eh-oh-el at the folks who thought this would be some magical jump from RR6

That said, I will be buying this just like RR6 because I'm an arcade-racing (specifically RR) whorebag.

hyp

DaCocoBrova said:
I honestly think RR6 looks superior than PGR3 (dark10x at least agrees with me on that), although clearly, from a technical perspective, it's inferior.

same here, it's got that arcade quality that PGR3 can't match sylistically. and PGR3 has nothing on RR6's anti aliasing, load times, and "never-a-hitch" 60FPS. i played both to death and i had way more fun w/ RR6.

kevm3

The last screen posted looks great, but the others look awful... Especially the cars. It seems like they just flipped on the switch for reflections and lighting in the last pic.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Lortnoc Egamad said:
Some screens actually look amazing, like this one:

49531420060921_182216_7_big.jpg

That looks nice... in an artistic manner, wait that's not right... I can't describe why that looks nice.... can't think of the word... now convince me it's the same game.... IDONTBELIEVEYOU! ;)

Top Bottom