• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Ridge Racer 7 pictures

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Lortnoc Egamad said:
Some screens actually look amazing, like this one:

49531420060921_182216_7_big.jpg

**** me! Gorgeous!

robot

this thread needs the famous "ign at nintendo conference" pic.

it's a bit of a letdown compared to the last pic, but I honestly think rr6 looks amazing in motion so it's not like we're getting totally screwed.

RuGalz

DarienA said:
That looks nice... in an artistic manner, wait that's not right... I can't describe why that looks nice.... can't think of the word... now convince me it's the same game.... IDONTBELIEVEYOU! ;)
They turn on the bloom when there's only a single car on the screen.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Does the wind blow through those trees? Do they move for chrissakes? I'm assuming that 3rd shot Udde posted is one you'll see during the flyby of the course? Nice looking water. I'm diggin that last shot too wonder how close you get to the Buddha on that track.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
The lighting is substantially...different than RR6. I hesitate to say 'better' without seeing it in motion.

The tracks designs, IMO, were the star of the show in RR6. I look forward to ripping these up.

jjasper

Dante said:
Yeah because Namco's next gen efforts have really been tearing things up vusially....FCK that!

Yeah the above shot and the enviornment shots did look really nice I thought, biggest problem with the new ones is they are pretty un-interesting shots.

:lol

big___frame_city_killer_xbox360_hlavni.jpg

Sysgen

Lortnoc Egamad said:
Some screens actually look amazing, like this one:

49531420060921_182216_7_big.jpg

RR6 for the 360 has some gorgeous locales and tracks while also having a dreamcast quality level or two. Point is it's a mixed bag graphically but as pointed out in the thread this title is all about gameplay which is just awesome online and great later in the S/P campaign.

KingJ2002

n0b said:
Needs motion blur.

like RR6 motion blur kicks in when you use nitrous...

but to say this game is ugly??? you guys are smoking... the environments are great and the cars are nicely modeled. Im looking forward to this game (they put in drafting... a nice addition... i hope they took out the rubberband a.i.... that would be a nice subtraction) but still... it isnt enough to make me pick up a playstation like before.

this thread sums up NeoGAF for me. i look at the screens and think 'pretty decent'... GAFfers look at them and see either 'OMG SHIT' or 'WOW IT LOOKS REAL' and nothing in between.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Did someone say motion blur?

Where's gek54... he'd love these new RR7 screens.

Personally, I think these shots look pretty good. And like other folks are saying, once it's running at 60, are you really going to care?

LJ11

plagiarize said:
this thread sums up NeoGAF for me. i look at the screens and think 'pretty decent'... GAFfers look at them and see either 'OMG SHIT' or 'WOW IT LOOKS REAL' and nothing in between.

WTF are you talking about. The first 20 or so responses are all like RR 6.1, Namco sucks at next-gen. The last screen shots brought some WOWs, but most of the posts are negative.

Moderation Unlimited said:
looks like RR6.

I was in denial at first hoping for more, but...yeah. I'm really not seeing a difference. Heck, in some of those screens it looks worse. The customization should move it a notch past R6 though. (Right?)

LJ11 said:
WTF are you talking about. The first 20 or so responses are all like RR 6.1, Namco sucks at next-gen. The last screen shots brought some WOWs, but most of the posts are negative.
that's what i'm talking about... the fact that people at GAF who look at a screen shot see either 'suck' or 'wow' and nothing inbetween. i don't think any of these screen shots suck, nor did i confuse any of them for real life.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
LiveFromKyoto said:
I was in denial at first hoping for more, but...yeah. I'm really not seeing a difference. Heck, in some of those screens it looks worse. The customization should move it a notch past R6 though. (Right?)
Well, it depends on what you are comparing...

The worst looking shots here look worse than, what, the best shots in RR6? There were some truly beautiful locales in RR6...but there were also some shockingly bland/ugly areas as well. The game was a huge mixed bag on that front.

Pimpwerx

RR6 was quite underappreciated. It looked great, and pretty much just like this. I might be getting worried about T6. :( PEACE.

jjasper

Pimpwerx said:
RR6 was quite underappreciated. It looked great, and pretty much just like this. I might be getting worried about T6. :( PEACE.

That is an understatement. I was the worst selling 360 launch title (might even be the worst selling 360 game period). What a dissapointment considering it was one of the best games of the launch and the best racing game on the system.

jjasper said:
That is an understatement. I was the worst selling 360 launch title (might even be the worst selling 360 game period). What a dissapointment considering it was one of the best games of the launch and the best racing game on the system.

Best Racer on the system? Each to thier own I suppose, but I think most people would agree that it was the worst, and that it why it never sold, it was up agaisnt a great racer in PGR3, and a solid, fun game in NFS. One for the hardcore fan only.

jjasper said:
i believe it did better in Europe and Japan, relatively speaking for what that might be worth.

RyuHayate

Man, I just had some great fun with RR6 downloadable demo. I'm definitely picking the full version up tomorrow.

Oh, I'm getting off-topic. I think it looks pretty similar to RR6, which isn't a bad thing at all.

mr_nothin

Banned
chespace said:
Did someone say motion blur?

Where's gek54... he'd love these new RR7 screens.

Personally, I think these shots look pretty good. And like other folks are saying, once it's running at 60, are you really going to care?
I see you trying to pimp Forza 2 buddy

Rhindle

Looks decent enough.

Hopefully, they put more effort into this one. RR6 had about 4 tracks. If this is similar, then I'll wait
a couple of weeks
for it to hit $20.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I think it looks OK. I also think it uses some for of HDR, but they probably don't want to overuse it with super-highlights on every part of the track but rather to surprise you when it happens. I guess that's why so few screens show strong, contrasty lighting.

People expect more because it's Namco, one of the last gen's kings of graphics though.

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
I'm so glad none of you are real people, otherwise this forum would be getting to me about now.

Also: best brake light trails ever.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Lotsa annoying haters in this thread. I just wanna know if it's gonna support any of the Logitech FF wheels. Anyone know?

Top Bottom