• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New rr6 video

Quartet

i have a hard time finding this game better than outrun 2 SP, not that i'm not a ridge racer fan, i am, but i don't seem to be more than RR5.5

Izzy

Banned
As good as it looked, it left the impression that Namco is holding something back for the inevitable PS3 version. MS has been strangely indifferent towards the game - their 360 catalog at TGS has only half a page devoted to it and towards the middle of the catalog. The lack of coverage by the Japanese press, the lack of any official screens or video and MS' general attitude adds up to something decidely less than what was expected. Certainly an odd turn of events.

Something fishy's goin' on - this was supposed to be X360's premier JP launch title.

yea Blim rocks.

Anyways am i the only one who thinks the game looks pretty crappy? I should have known better to listen to the ISAMU hype.

GhaleonEB

For the record:

GhaleonEB over a month ago said:
The timeframe just screams 'quickie port of old RR assets in high res and online'. Not that this will deter any fans (or be that bad for that matter), but somehow my expectations are being hedged by the lack of media and timeframe.

Sample reaction:

dorio said:
A quickie port from what game? The psp one, the ps2 one? You have to be kidding.

Maybe they just want to give the developer some time with beta kits before showing media.

http://forum.gaming-age.com/showpost.php?p=1736876&postcount=76

Ahem.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Kabuki Waq said:
yea Blim rocks.

Anyways am i the only one who thinks the game looks pretty crappy? I should have known better to listen to the ISAMU hype.

No. Seen first hand, it was essentially high res RR PSP.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
For gameplay, yes. For graphics? Questionable. Looks good, but relatively cartoony and simple.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Kabuki Waq said:
having not played the psp version is this being a port a good idea?

I don't think it is actually a port, i.e. with the same track layouts. My statement was intended to be more about graphics and gameplay. And as RR PSP was great, I expect this to be fun, too. My disappointment was mostly related to expecting more from the graphics.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Kabuki Waq said:
yea Blim rocks.

::sigh::.....so many naysayers.
sloth3qp.gif

Guys....I am going to copy and paste a response to WhippenDean about why all the naysayers need to make up and smell the coffee.

WARNING....post is laced with profanity and emotional content:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Sean....YOU ARE A FUCKING SELLOUT!!!!!! :punch: :punch:

You've abandoned our beloved RR club for this piece of shit Need For Fucking Speed franchise!!!! HAVE YOU LOST YOUR FUCKING MIND?????????????? :punch:

So the cars look a little floaty.....SO THE FUCK WHAT??????????

Do you realize that the very FIRST Ridge Racer game in the aracde had the exact same floaty-ness as what you're seeing here in RR6? The mother fucking car was so floaty that the first time I played it I literally thought the game had put me into some sort boat/hovercraft!!! It's because of this floaty feeling that I initially hated Ridge Racer 1. It wasn't until Rage Racer that invested time into the game and gave it a chance!

Dude....ALL the games physics are floaty, with the exception of V. Yeah, V's physics seems more attatched to the ground and there's some more friction there, but I mean GODDAMN.....kinda floaty, a little floaty, more floaty...WHO FUCKING CARES??????????? The mother fucking car still slides around the corners and does 360s and the fastest/unlockable cars are still going to be fast!!!

IT'S STILL RIDGE MOTHER FUCKING RACER!!!!! NITPICKING ABOUT THE FLOATY-NESS IS FUCKING RETARDED!!! The sense of speed is still gonna be there!!!

You complain about it having the same tracks from previous games??? ARE YOU FUCKING INSANE????

That is what I've been dreaming of for years.....YEARS!!!!!!!!!!! I have always wanted to play those old school RR tracks in multiplayer against other hardcore RR fans....and now we will get the chance to do it. Hell, just that track they showed at TGS ALONE is enough for me to buy the game and have hot, steamy monkey nostril-sex with it!!!! ARE YOU SEEING THE SAME GAME I AM???????????? The track they showed is fucking GORGEOUS!!!!! Sweeping turns, downhill slopes, mountain ridges, going into those cite sky-scrapers, going downhill pass those animated windmills....THAT SHIT IS A THING OF BEAUTY!!!!!!

WAKE THE FUCK UP SEAN!!!!!! WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU??? Ridge Racer is upon us!!! We have been anticipating this game togther for YEARS!!!! And now that it's finally almost here, you do a fucking 180 and start sucking the dick of a shitty-ass Need For Speed game that's laced with stupid shit like matrix-style slow motion and cop chases. That shit is going to get boring soon and I PROMISE you will windup investing more time in RR6 than any other racing game!! But you know what??? You don't have to play it. Because that will make getting the number one spot that much easier. You will log on and see "Isamu" at the top of the rank and the best Ridge Racer in the world and no one will dethrone me!!!!!! I will be the best there is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET WITH THE PROGRAM AND COME TO YOUR SENSES DUDE. RIDGE RACER 6 IS COMING AT YA AND IT'S GONNA BE THE BEST VIDEOGAME IN THE HISTORY OF VIDEOGAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rock: :stormrock: :phatrock: :notmybaby: :rock: :stormrock: :phatrock: :notmybaby:

WHIP WHIP MOTHER FUCKERS!!!!! "FX THE MOVIE: WHEN NIGGAZ TAKE OVER", STARRING ISAMU AND BeOnEdge IS COMING TO A THEATER NEAR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :fudance: !!!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

megabang8sq.gif
headbang6iy.gif
stormrock2nl.gif

jarrod said:
It's the 2nd best console RR after Rage imo. R4 is easily the weakest RR ever made imo, unless we're counting Racing Evolution.

My top console arcade racers for the gen would be...

01 Ridge Racer V
02 F-Zero GX
03 Sega Rally 2

...though I've never had an Xbox (so no Outrun/Rallisport) and I don't import PS2 games (so no Kaido/Battle Gear). I did like BO1-2, but lost interest around 3.

GitarooMan said:
To me, Ridge Racer is in the spirit of games like Outrun. The cars aren't meant to handle accurately, they're meant to handle so you can have fun with it. Basically there are groups of people (like me) who love to just pick up a game like RRV or Outrun 2 and race a few tracks having fun with the handling and enjoying the scenery. I really enjoy just racing down a pretty track against a bunch of cars w/o having to worry about setup,etc., and Ridge Racer allows me to do that.

Translation: RR6 is mine at launch and I would pay a mint for Outrun 3 on x360/PS3

I DEMAND you make these two gentlemen administrators RIGHT FUCKING NOW! With full access to a 12 pack of Bud Lite and a giant can of beef-jerkey(the flat tough Teriyaki kind)
headbang6iy.gif
headbang6iy.gif
headbang6iy.gif

JMPovoa

It's a Ridge Racer game. What more can be said. One of the most adicting racing games i've ever played (PSP version rocks)

Chittagong

Gold Member
JMPovoa said:
It's a Ridge Racer game. What more can be said. One of the most adicting racing games i've ever played (PSP version rocks)

True. Notice how the track layout on this version highlights the crazy draw distance, however - that's a definite difference from PSP. While these shots make the game look a bit better than it did in reality (as shooting from screen softens stuff), the draw distance was impressive alright.

I first thought the reflections and lighting is completely missing from viewing the earlier videos, but with Blim's super-powered videos (patent pending), you can see that they are present.

Reminds me of the reflections on F355:Challenge and TD:LeMans. Fairly subtle compared to others we are use to.

Have you played the PSP Ridge Racer, Isamu? What does a hardest-of-hardcore RR fan like yourself think of that kind of drifting and the fact that it sounds like it's being carried over into RR6?

Pimpwerx

Blim and Xboxhyde have sold me a 360. They need to be given due compensation from MS. The ease of dloading vids, the quality of the vids and pics, and the no-bullshit, no fanboy approach to the site harkes back to the early days of the internet when it wasn't just about making a quick buck. It was actually about showing the gamers some fucking games. Blim for president. :) Seriously, he's been the #1 point man for the 360, and doing an awesome job. PEACE.

Pimpwerx said:
Blim and Xboxhyde have sold me a 360. They need to be given due compensation from MS. The ease of dloading vids, the quality of the vids and pics, and the no-bullshit, no fanboy approach to the site harkes back to the early days of the internet when it wasn't just about making a quick buck. It was actually about showing the gamers some fucking games. Blim for president. :) Seriously, he's been the #1 point man for the 360, and doing an awesome job. PEACE.

agreed.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Were you ever on meds Isamu?

To compare with PGR 3 here seems unfair to RR. Basically all we've seen for PGR so far are shots from very cinematic angles, almost all close ups, while we have a look at actualy gameplay with RR here. No BS - this is what the game looks like. I think RR looks quite good and am interested to see what PGR actually looks like when real gameplay shots are sent out. I wouldn't be surprised if the gap between the two is closer than most people think.

shantyman

WHO DEY!?
isamu said:
::sigh::.....so many naysayers.
sloth3qp.gif

Guys....I am going to copy and paste a response to WhippenDean about why all the naysayers need to make up and smell the coffee.

WARNING....post is laced with profanity and emotional content:

-SNIP-

I DEMAND you make these two gentlemen administrators RIGHT FUCKING NOW! With full access to a 12 pack of Bud Lite and a giant can of beef-jerkey(the flat tough Teriyaki kind)
headbang6iy.gif
headbang6iy.gif
headbang6iy.gif

I'm sure you'll call me a bad name, but it's getting kind of old you know.

I don't think MS is giving this game a lot of press because Namco is probably already working on an expanded version for the PS3.

Looks good to me though. If I was buying a 360 at launch this would probably be the title I'd get with it (I doubt PD Zero will make launch).

trmas

Banned
Where's the competition? Any racing game with less than 20 racers on it this next generation is not worth playing.

Blim Blim on the other hand is awesome. His Kameo videos convinced me to pick up my preorder.

Jonnyram

Izzy said:
Something fishy's goin' on - this was supposed to be X360's premier JP launch title.
Where's that quote from?
AFAIK, it is the 360's premier JP launch title... but there's still over 2 months before its release. Ridge Racer games are notorious for being developed just before launch, and what was playable at this year's TGS eclipsed last year's PSP demo. If that's any sign of what the final game will be like, we're in for a treat. My only concern is how many tracks will be in the game. The PSP version had a ton because it was a "best of". If RR6 is all original, I think the number of tracks will be less. I guess there can be downloads later. I cannot express how amazing the draw distance is, though. It really gives you a great view of Ridge City.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
JMPovoa said:

Chittagong said:
True. Notice how the track layout on this version highlights the crazy draw distance, however - that's a definite difference from PSP. While these shots make the game look a bit better than it did in reality (as shooting from screen softens stuff), the draw distance was impressive alright.

VictimOfGrief said:
Looks awesome as far as I'm concerned. I'm sure more graphical tweaks/additions will be added later.

Ronin said:
I'd hit it fo' sho'.

op_ivy said:
looks beyond awesome to me. cant wait to see more

I LOVE YOU GUYS!

slidewinder said:
Have you played the PSP Ridge Racer, Isamu? What does a hardest-of-hardcore RR fan like yourself think of that kind of drifting and the fact that it sounds like it's being carried over into RR6?

Yes, I dabbled with it a but on my buddy's PSP. Yes the drifting is kinda "raily" and too forgiving...I'll give you that. But I cannot see where people are coming to the conclusion that RR6....just because it APPEARS look like the PSP version...will have the exact same drifting physics as the PSP version. I really can't. Not to mention the fact that all the cars will not handle the same....some will have more grip than others...some will be very loose. This is standard fare genetlemen. Hell...even the level of grip/drift may be adjustable in RR6. We just don't know yet people! Please stop accusing this game as a straight psp port cuz most likely it's NOT!!!

And one more thing....the game is going to be online.

O---N---L---I---N---E---!!!!!!

Does that even sink into your brian, at all???? Does the fact that we are getting an RR game that will allow us to compete over a broadband network and talk trash to each other register with you....at all? Just this alone is enough for me to want to go to Japan and felat the entire Namco RR dev team!!!

Jonnyram

isamu said:
But I cannot see where people are coming to the conclusion that RR6....just because it APPEARS look like the PSP version...will have the exact same drifting physics as the PSP version. I really can't.
Some of us played it at TGS. It does have the same drifting as the PSP version. That's not a terrible thing, but it will make the offline game a tad easy. Online should be fantastic fun, though.

isamu

Kabuki Waq said:
outrun 2 was online ...but the game was still shit on xbox.

To YOU maybe. But not to those of us *HERE* :)

Besides...anything that you thought was crappy will be fixed in Coast 2 Coast :D

Brofist

As much as I liked Ridge Racers for PSP, I wish they did away with the nitro boosts for the next gen versions. I liked RR better without it.

isamu

kpop100 said:
As much as I liked Ridge Racers for PSP, I wish they did away with the nitro boosts for the next gen versions. I liked RR better without it.

now this i can agree with

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
Can't understand all the PSP Ridge hate......I had fun with the game myself...

BTW, if you look closely, you can actually see the office interior ceiling lights inside the skyscrapers in RR6 :eek

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
That draw distance reminds me of the first time I went to Hyrule field in OOT and stopped at looked. Holy fuck this is gonna be hot

Top Bottom