• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Sakaguchi RPG for Xbox One? [Up: Nope]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caronte

boo-this-man.gif

And why do you want RARE to work on that? It's like hoping Sony London to work on it.

It's more of a crazy hypothetical in the event that the talent can't be found in Japan, or is too scattered or pre-occupied on other projects, which is certainly possible. Mistwalker needs a team, because they're a small unit, and apparently two of the devs they worked on for. It could also be a clever way to cut down on costs, since it's an internal MS studio. Either way, I think Sakaguchi could make it work, and work quite well. I stopped doubting what is possible after Artoon hammered out a game as amazing as Blue Dragon with Sakaguchi and Mistwalker at the helm, and Rare is certainly on a much more solid foundation as a dev studio than they were. Plus, I think that colorful style that Sakaguchi likes a lot plays to a Rare strength. Hell, he loves surfing, too, so if he wanted to toss in some surfing, Rare could oblige there as well lol. As I said, hypothetical scenario that would probably never happen.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Wasn't a total loss.

Phil Spencer ‏@XboxP3 2m

@MaiMonthlyWaifu @Ceravic @SenninSage Now I feel like I've got to come up with something. Not really ready to announce anything right now.

Yes Phil, we all want Lost Odyssey 2! Call the gooch!

EvB

Don't worry, there is always the chance that Platinum games are making the next Microsoft/Capcom published DCM for Xbox One.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
hahaha what a glorious expected ending.

Though with jokes aside I really would like to see a Last Story 2 even if it was on the Wii U. Since it was one of the more creative JRPGs of its time along with Xenosaga but that we already know will have a successor. If they get a Last Story 2 out its sealed Ill get a Wii U just for those 2 games. Already plan on getting one for "X".

RPGCrazied

Lol, I will laugh if its Lost Odyssey 2. Much as I loved the first game, don't think that's going to be enough for me to buy an Xbox One.

I know is annoying but you should ask Sony this question.

Theres a reason all of his games recently have never come to a Sony system. He doesn't care of they bomb, rumour has it he has a grudge who knows.

I'm going to be realistic and assume that Mistwalker is just another mobile studio. Japan has made me pessimistic.

Reveirg

Crisis averted. >_>

On another note, where does this story about Sakaguchi hating Sony come from?

I know he didn't like Ken Kutaragi but he's at MAQL now.

Oregano

Theres a reason all of his games recently have never come to a Sony system. He doesn't care of they bomb, rumour has it he has a grudge who knows.

I'm going to be realistic and assume that Mistwalker is just another mobile studio. Japan has made me pessimistic.

The reason is that the people paying for the development have no interest in supporting a competitor unless you want Away Shuffle Dungeon PSP?

I'll just be happy to see Sakaguchi get back to making big games again, whoever happens to fund his work. Love his stuff so much.

Haha well at least you guys are letting him know there is demand, so we had a decent ending to this story either way.

Exactly, he sees there is a demand for it, which is a great sign.

wrowa

That reason is that all all of his console projects so far have been funded either by Microsoft or Nintendo. Neither party would release a game on a Sony platform, obviously. I'm not sure why people always read so much into stuff like that.

FuturusX

Haha well at least you guys are letting him know there is demand, so we had a decent ending to this story either way.
Now Phil just has to figure out if a single thread on Neogaf of a few pages can translate into selling a millions of games. I think he'll stick with TitanFall.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Makes sense, since any Japanese developed Xbone exclusive will sell approximately two copies. It would make more sense for it to be a Vita exclusive, at least they could sell it in Japan.

Sorry but it doesn't work like that. If there are concerns about sales numbers or install base size MS simply raises the compensation to accommodate for that.

So many emotions about this!! I'm glad I don't have to buy an Xbox One though.

I bought a 360 just to play Lost Odyssey (and to a lesser extent, Blue Dragon) an it was 100% worth it. Lost Odyssey is still my favorite RPG of last gen.

On another note, where does this story about Sakaguchi hating Sony come from?
I also want to hear more about this, with credible sources please.

Yaoibot

Wasn't a total loss.

Phil Spencer ‏@XboxP3 2m

@MaiMonthlyWaifu @Ceravic @SenninSage Now I feel like I've got to come up with something. Not really ready to announce anything right now.

Yes Phil, we all want Lost Odyssey 2! Call the gooch!

Stop feeding the madness. Its inevitable that a JRPG will end up on the X1 one day. This is a 10 pages of nonsense derived from the frothing excitement of one of MS' greatest fans - or shills, depending on who you ask.

BONKERS

Sony doesn't need to invest too much in first party JRPGs because they end up getting a bunch of third party exclusive ones anyways from japanese devs.

I would kill for another Sony brand RPG.

Or even just a remake of gems like LoL and LoD.

Having characters from classic Playstation EXCLUSIVE franchises like those in All Stars is what would've made me want to play that game.

Timeaisis

Well, at least I don't have to buy an Xbone now. Hopefully Mistwalker does something on Wii U, like they were rumored to have been working on.

Hey I'm not saying people who love it suck.

gladiator-quotes-24.jpg

If you're very good, tomorrow night I'll tell you the story of emperor Sakaguchi who was betrayed by those closest to him, by his own blood. They whispered in dark corners and went out late at night and conspired and conspired but the emperor Sakaguchi knew they were up to something. He knew they were busy little bees. And one night he sat down with one of them and he looked at her and he said, "Tell me what you've been doing busy little bee or I shall strike down those dearest to you. You shall watch as I bathe in their blood." And the emperor was heartbroken. The little bee had wounded him more deeply than anyone else could ever have done. And what do you think happened then, Crusher?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom