• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Sakaguchi RPG for Xbox One? [Up: Nope]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop feeding the madness. Its inevitable that a JRPG will end up on the X1 one day. This is a 10 pages of nonsense derived from the frothing excitement of one of MS' greatest fans - or shills, depending on who you ask.

So people who like MS/Xbox One are considered shills now?

Reveirg

I also want to hear more about this, with credible sources please.

The only thing I can find is this:
[...]When asked by EGM why he had no projects planned for the PS3, Sakaguchi said, "The machine's architecture is tricky, and I don't like Ken Kutaragi." As for why the Father of Final Fantasy isn't a fan of the Father of the PlayStation, we don't know -- he didn't elaborate. [...]
Neither of those are problems now.

Stop feeding the madness. Its inevitable that a JRPG will end up on the X1 one day. This is a 10 pages of nonsense derived from the frothing excitement of one of MS' greatest fans - or shills, depending on who you ask.

Depending on who you ask? And here I thought it was unanimous...

I would kill for another Sony brand RPG.

What does this even mean? Are you saying you want Sony to pay a third party studio to make a game that Sony publishes? Why would you kill for this? Do you mean Japan Studio game? Japan Studio has very few people from the days of the PSX.

Yaoibot

So people who like MS/Xbox One are considered shills now?

No one said that. I said "fan": singular. "...one of MS' greatest fans". While that may seem plural, its not. Read it again. Also never called him a shill directly, merely implied an inference previously made. There's a level of mania toward companies that is so irrational that its natural to wonder if astroturfing is involved.

Caronte

What does this even mean? Are you saying you want Sony to pay a third party studio to make a game that Sony publishes? Why would you kill for this? Do you mean Japan Studio game? Japan Studio has very few people from the days of the PSX.

He wants a studio within Sony making JRPGs.

Toth

I'm not falling for this one again.

Very few JRPGs would sell me on a platform, and as much as I liked Vesperia and Lost Odyssey, the subsequent abandonment by developers stung, even if it wasn't unexpected.

So true...so true.....

I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt. You don't make it easy.

lol, well, I can't exactly stop people from saying it, or thinking it, so might as well have some fun with it. :)

Huge difference between people that like MS/Xbone and SenjutsuSage. I honestly feel embarrassed for MS/Xbone fans while reading a lot of his posts.

Right... whatever helps you better justify the fact that the only reason I get so much hate is largely because I'm unapologetic about having a positive view of the Xbox One as a platform. There's a reason some people use the term MS or Xbox fan almost as an intended insult. It's not me that most of you dislike, it's the company and the product. After you then unload that anger on someone, me being a favorite target of sorts, it then justifies you to say pretty much anything afterwards. Just set it up as being entirely about me, and not the company that some of you hate with such a passion lol. Anyway, I know when it's time to move on, because I'm certain if I continue this conversation I'll get the equivalent of Thor's hammer. :)

Yaoibot

I think he means Legend of Dragoon, a proper HD Wild Arms, next gen Dark Cloud. Lots of IPs that never saw the light of day last gen.

Burbeting

Banned
Interested on seeing, what Mistwalker is going to show. Semi-realistic humans using JRPG like Lost Odyssey/Last Story, or more stylished style like Blue Dragon.

I wouldn't doubt Spencer's tweets, I guess he hasn't really lied about things like this?

With Blue Dragon, Tales and Lost Odyssey plus ports of FFXIII 360 ironically had the most AAA RPGs last gen.

4802129.jpg

Dang0

Phil Spencer
@XboxP3

@ACEtheVAMPIRE I apologize. Sorry about upsetting anyone. He said "humor me", I posted a random day of the week with no month, day or year.
11:01 p.m. Sat, Feb 22

Can we get a title change, so people know it was just a joke.

Reveirg

Yes it's a very good game that is more Final Fantasy than XIII is.

I don't really agree with this. But it's very similar to PSX-era FF, sure.

Along with The Last Remnant, Tales of Vesperia, Magna Carta 2 and Blue Dragon, it was well worth purchasing a X360 as a JRPG fan.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
What I learned from this thread(or rather because of it) is that Phil Spencer's favourite Mass Effect game is the first. That man has good taste.

ShogunX

I don't really agree with this. But it's very similar to PSX-era FF, sure.

Along with The Last Remnant, Tales of Vesperia, Magna Carta 2 and Blue Dragon, it was well worth purchasing a X360 as a JRPG fan.

They are what I tend to think of when it comes to Final fantasy games. It's a big reason why I enjoyed LO so much as it just ticked all of the right boxes from that era of RPG games.

It was a mediocre JRPG that got overrated because people were desperate for anything that resembled an HD Final Fantasy. But it's probably so cheap by this point that you can't really go wrong.

If anything it's underrated. People seem far more keen to talk about weak efforts such as Ni No Kuni rather than the likes of LO.

Reveirg

They are what I tend to think of when it comes to Final fantasy games. It's a big reason why I enjoyed LO so much as it just ticked all of the right boxes from that era of RPG games.

Fair enough. :)

I feel like mainline FF's biggest trademark is that it constantly changes and evolves.

I don't feel like LO does that. Its mechanics are deeply rooted in PSX-era RPGs, and even visually it's really reminiscent of games like FFVIII. That's a good thing, too, we need more games like that!

raphanum

Yes it's a very good game that is more Final Fantasy than XIII is. Some of the optional hidden bosses are very fun to fight and the immortal skill learning stuff is neat as well.

Without a doubt....YES

Yes. Its a fantastic game. Worth a 360 for. Vesperia isn't bad either.

It was a mediocre JRPG that got overrated because people were desperate for anything that resembled an HD Final Fantasy. But it's probably so cheap by this point that you can't really go wrong.

Thank you, for the replies :)

harSon

Banned
I hate you Phil Spencer... Especially since you leave it open ended by saying that you were only kidding about the time frame of when we'd be hearing about it...

If anything it's underrated. People seem far more keen to talk about weak efforts such as Ni No Kuni rather than the likes of LO.

I want to emphasize that I don't think it's a bad game at all. Quite the contrary, it did a good job of translating the PS1 JRPG experience to the HD era. And it had a really awesome soundtrack. It did a lot of things right, but I feel like the story/villain were rather weak and that the gameplay didn't bring a whole lot to the table. It was a solid turn-based system, but it wasn't very interesting IMO. It was overly simplistic and it didn't even have summons. If LO had a deeper battle system with quicker loading times, it probably would have been one of my favorite games of last gen.

Reveirg

I want to emphasize that I don't think it's a bad game at all. Quite the contrary, it did a good job of translating the PS1 JRPG experience to the HD era. And it had a really awesome soundtrack. It did a lot of things right, but I feel like the story/villain were rather weak and that the gameplay didn't bring a whole lot to the table. It was a solid turn-based system, but it wasn't very interesting IMO. It was overly simplistic and it didn't even have summons. If LO had a deeper battle system with quicker loading times, it probably would have been one of my favorite games of last gen.

Pretty much sums up what I think of the game too.

+ the short stories were pretty great and the environment visuals were nice too.

Stealth Lost Odyssey love thread.

But the premise, short stories, and music were beautiful. Nobuo Uematsu is basically the closest living composer that resembles Tchaikovsky.

OK, I have to put on the soundtrack now. And I already listen to it about once a week. "Sad Tolten", "Eclipse of Time", "Neverending Journey"... sigh, I love it so much.

Kyoufu

Phil Spencer
@XboxP3

@ACEtheVAMPIRE I apologize. Sorry about upsetting anyone. He said "humor me", I posted a random day of the week with no month, day or year.
11:01 p.m. Sat, Feb 22

Can we get a title change, so people know it was just a joke.

Called it. Funny how people got carried away.

Toth

Yes it's a very good game that is more Final Fantasy than XIII is. Some of the optional hidden bosses are very fun to fight and the immortal skill learning stuff is neat as well.

Not true at all. FFXIII is far more fun to play than LO and take out the 1000 Year Dreams and you have a storyline that is inferior to XIII's. Dialogue is better though.

Arthea

Don't agree with you, imo it's only really must play JRPG this gen. I don't get the hate, but accepted it. It would be really nice if some people stopped posting things like that if it was generally accepted point of view, because it is not.
And last I heard it's not cheap anymore, because it never was reprinted and due to cheap packaging, MS chose, many copies had bad forth disk, so aren't that many used ones too.

Not true at all. FFXIII is far more fun to play than LO and take out the 1000 Year Dreams and you have a storyline that is inferior to XIII's. Dialogue is better though.

Not true at all ;)
LO is far superior game in about every field, except graphics, FF13 isn't even competition.

DJIzana

Don't agree with you, imo it's only really must play JRPG this gen. I don't get the hate, but accepted it. It would be really nice if some people stopped posting things like that if it was generally accepted point of view, because it is not.
And last I heard it's not cheap anymore, because it never was reprinted and due to cheap packaging, MS chose, many copies had bad forth disk, so aren't that many used ones too.

Not true at all ;)
LO is far superior game in about every field, except graphics, FF13 isn't even competition.

And I disagree with you. :p

I personally believe Xenoblade was the best JRPG last generation. Nothing compares to the massive world with tons of exploration, amazing soundtrack, postcard visuals you get from that game and some pretty amazing combat to boot. All of which were done on the Wii which makes it even more amazing.

Just imagine what Monolith Soft's "X" will be like when we finally get to play it and what they'll accomplish!

Agreed. At least I could finish FFXIII, I simply did not care by the time I got to the last disc on LO.

One of the many JRPG disappointments I experienced last gen.

Xeno_V

I didn't like LO (maybe I expected more than I should) but I would like to see such an announcement just for the meltdowns. Fun times are ahead, let's see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom