New Shenmue 3 Prototype Screenshot

Oct 17, 2005
I don't care for Shenmue but that is beautiful! Happy that Shenmue fans are finally going to get a new game in the series!

Feb 27, 2014
Ground texture looks like it could do with another pass and the grass could do with some basic shadows, otherwise looks ok I guess? Honestly the quality of the image is so bad it's hard to make much out but anything at the very foreground.

stn

Jun 15, 2012
Given that I would have been fine with Dreamcast graphics for 3, this is great!

_woLf

Mar 7, 2011
I like how they don't show the faces. I still hope they fix the faces up a ton before launch.

Asriel

Oct 29, 2011
While I'm sure this is in the early stages, people calling the graphics amazing . . . lol.

bwakh

May 26, 2014
Not looking 'that' hot but that was within my expectations. So happy to see this becoming real

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Jul 29, 2012
why are you so obsessed?
Looks gorgeous, but HOW are they expecting people to jump into this game if they never played the first 2? It's very story dependent.

Shenmue 1 is on a dead system and 2 was released on the original Xbox so many people with current consoles missed out.

Ray Down

Banned
Jan 5, 2015
How are they expecting people to jump into this game if they never played the first 2? It's very story dependent.

Shenmue 1 is on a dead system and 2 was released on the original Xbox so many people with current consoles missed out.
Shenmue HD collection.

Believe

Jonneh3003

Banned
May 27, 2014
Southampton
..I think the original Dreamcast games look more pleasing visually. As others have said it looks like those janky "Zelda in Unreal Engine" fan videos. Still, early days.

Acquiescence

Mar 5, 2011
I don't have massive expectations for this game graphically, so I think that looks quite purty.

Above all, they need to nail that quintessential Shenmue ambiance. It needs to feel like a Shenmue game.

Feb 18, 2013
Scotland
Is it just me or is Ryo a lot taller than before? He's really towering over Shenhua there.

Comparing the two it does appear to be quite a difference.

xion4360

Dec 30, 2010
Bridgeport, CT
Honestly doesnt look great but I dont even care, I need this.

Looks gorgeous, but HOW are they expecting people to jump into this game if they never played the first 2? It's very story dependent.

It's not like thats a hard thing to remedy.. all you need is a story recap and I think they are going to include one, or try youtube.

Is it just me or is Ryo a lot taller than before? He's really towering over Shenhua there.

Comparing the two it does appear to be quite a difference.
ehh not really.. she looks really short there too and ryo is closer to the camera...also not even ground.