• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Silent Hill: Origins artwork released and some SH stuff from Japan!

Mau ®

Silent Hill: 0rigins is completely new SH game developed by Climax (Sudeki, Moto GP series). While the game was outsourced to Climax, the storyline and the characters were created by the Silent Hill Team. Akira Yamaoka is creating a new soundtrack just for this game. The game is due out Winter 2006.

Artwork

origins6pk.jpg

A new SH item will be available in Japan soon.

Its a novel that retells the original Silent Hill storyline. This novel is based on the game instead of the movie. It also has a whole new chapter not featured in the game.

nm0815.jpg

- Author: Yamashita fixed
- Illustration: Itoh 暢
- ISBN4-86155-815-8
- Format: New book
- The number of pages: Page 272
- Sale day: 2006 August 11th
- Price: 980 Yen (substance price: 933 Yen + tax 5%)
- Sale origin: Corporation コナミデジタルエンタテインメント
- Publishing office: Corporation コナミデジタルエンタテインメント

Movie "SILENT HILL" of nationwide release, the story of the PS edition "SILENT HILL" which is the original game, the story of fear and tension, the new feeling no latch where illustration and CG become as one unit is finally from 2006 July 8th appearance!
It was said with even the person who plays the game that it is difficult to grasp the entire picture, the world "of SILENT HILL".
Including also the episode which is not known, that orthodox story is for the first time revealed.
If this is read, the game and the movie, can taste more fear!

Its interesting to see Ito made the illutrations. He hasn't made anything SH in years... maybe they're old :/

Mau ®

SolidSnakex said:
"the storyline and the characters were created by the Silent Hill Team. "

Anticipation +1

Yeah its also why Im anticipating the game.

I mean if the SH Team created the storyline and that wouldn't it show they still support the series. Also Yamaoka is doin a completely new soundtrack just for this game, that's gotta mean something, right?

I hope TGS clears up the freaking rumors, they make me cry :(

inthezone said:
I mean if the SH Team created the storyline and that wouldn't it show they still support the series. Also Yamaoka is doin a completely new soundtrack just for this game, that's gotta mean something, right?

Anticipation +100 with the Yamaoka news. It's not in Climax's hands not to screw it up. You got the music, you got the story and you got the characters, make it work.

cvxfreak

Hopefully Climax does a better job developing the game than Silicon Knights did with Twin Snakes. Twin Snakes was a good game, but the coding was imperfect.

Climax has shown they can put together technically impressive games. Sudeki, Moto GP ect are all good from a technical standpoint so that shouldn't be an issue. Atleast I hope not. They'll likely be building their own engine for Origins also.

Wollan

Twin Snakes was a remake though(as I know you know). This game won't be compared to an already hailed classic and has to stand on it's own two feet.

Mau ®

If the SH5 rumors are true... I wonder if Climax is the company behind it. Maybe SH:0rigins is a testing ground for SH5?

I wouldn't care much if Climax created SH5 if the SH Team oversaw the developement like with SH0, creating the storyline, characters, art and music. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad?

Wollan said:
Twin Snakes was a remake though(as I know you know). This game won't be compared to an already hailed classic and has to stand on it's own two feet.

Plus we know that Silent Hill games can still be great with shitty gameplay, so we don't have to worry about Climax screwing that aspect up.

Top Bottom