• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New South Park = Wii

Andonuts

Terrell said:
Sorry, this South Park superstition is negated by the "Capcom Curse", which we all know was the real downfall of the Dreamcast and PSP.

Does this have something to do with shitty ports of Dark Stalkers?

Terrell

Andonuts said:
Does this have something to do with shitty ports of Dark Stalkers?
For those who don't know, the "Capcom Curse" has existed since the N64/PSX/Saturn days. Whichever system Capcom throws majority support behind dies a grissly death.

First was Saturn... buckets and buckets of arcade-perfect ports and a little formerly-exclusive title called Resident Evil. Saturn bombed, Capcom was forced to make sloppy ports for PSX and move RE to PSX to hedge their bets.

Next was Dreamcast, which got the lion's share of Capcom's support before its inevitable demise.

After the Dreamcast's early death, we have the Gamecube with its highly-anticipated "Capcom 5", which inevitably got ported when the curse set in.

And then we have PSP, which has seen multiple titles released by Capcom, but not even Monster Hunter Portable could prevent the inevitable.

And as for the upcoming generation? Well, we'll see.

rkenshin

I'm sure anyone who really wanted to watch it and didn't on TV would use bittorrent instead of waiting for low quality youtube

South Park usually likes yo build up to a disappointing "WTF?" type ending. That is what I am expecting here.

Either the last Wii breaks (You smashed my Wii!) or he finds out he doesn't like the console of choice for atheists. Probably some Jesus/Wii angle too (OMG! Jesus blessed my Wii!).

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
Ironic that I've seen a PS3 commercial, 2 PSP game commercials, two PS2 game commercials, and one for Gears of War that was really, really well done and poignant.

AniHawk

Dr. Kitty Muffins said:
Honestly, every bit of the Gears PR from Day 1 has been awesome. Whoever it is that is responsible is friggin' AAA.
I was watching Conan last night when I first saw it. I really feel like I need the game now. Such a badass commercial.

Vargas

Terrell said:
For those who don't know, the "Capcom Curse" has existed since the N64/PSX/Saturn days. Whichever system Capcom throws majority support behind dies a grissly death.

First was Saturn... buckets and buckets of arcade-perfect ports and a little formerly-exclusive title called Resident Evil. Saturn bombed, Capcom was forced to make sloppy ports for PSX and move RE to PSX to hedge their bets.

Move to the PSX?

Grecco

This South Park Episode will do more good for the Wii than the Gears commercial for the 360 or the Baby PS3 Commercials btw.

radjago

Terrell said:

Next was Dreamcast, which got the lion's share of Capcom's support before its inevitable demise.

After the Dreamcast's early death, we have the Gamecube with its highly-anticipated "Capcom 5", which inevitably got ported when the curse set in.

And then we have PSP, which has seen multiple titles released by Capcom, but not even Monster Hunter Portable could prevent the inevitable.

And as for the upcoming generation? Well, we'll see.
Is that why the Genesis overtook the SNES in the 16-bit era?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
You guys all forgot about the best system on SP, the OKAMA GAMESPHERE.

Vargas said:
Move to the PSX?

Yeah, I'm not really sure what that means either. Capcom released a lot of Playstation-only titles during the 32-bit era. Most of their games that were at one time "exclusive" on Saturn ended up the Playstation anyway. Some of their fighters even released on the Playstation before the Saturn.

The PSP is far from dead, and Darkstalkers wasn't a "shitty port."

Amir0x

Banned
AniHawk said:
I'm not sure that enough people will "get" the Gears commercial. It's so ****ing awesome though.

When I saw it I was like "OH MY GOD"

I salute you, CliffyB and the advertising team!

Branduil

Capcom's been supporting the 360 quite a bit...

Are you talking about the one-minute GoW trailer everyone has already seen?

Link

The Autumn Wind
I actually liked the duality of it, though I'm not sure the audience they're aiming for will appreciate it as much.

Terrell

Lyte Edge said:
Yeah, I'm not really sure what that means either. Capcom released a lot of Playstation-only titles during the 32-bit era. Most of their games that were at one time "exclusive" on Saturn ended up the Playstation anyway. Some of their fighters even released on the Playstation before the Saturn.
Checked the Japanese Saturn release list. Made their PSX releases seem pale in comparison in both volume and quality alone. As I said, though, Saturn bombed and most of these games that were intended to be only for release on Saturn ended up with an incredibly sloppy PSX port. I, for instance, remember playing tag-team fights in X-Men vs. Street Fighter on my modded Saturn. Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter, too. The PSX version paled in comparison (mostly since neither had tag-team, but they were visually atrocious and lousy with load times), but Capcom ported them to PSX anyways, because the Saturn died in the US way before it eventually wheezed its last breath in Japan as well. RE was originally intended for release on Saturn but was moved over due to pressure that it wouldn't sell on the Saturn.

Link said:
I actually liked the duality of it, though I'm not sure the audience they're aiming for will appreciate it as much.
The contrast was certainly striking, and I truly appreciate them not grabbing for the obvious audience with some rap-rock and chainsaw action, but I found that the song was just completely unmatched to the visuals. We have super-steroid man pouting as he looks at a broken statue, okay, I follow. But then he dives through a glass window and a giant mechaspider descends upon him as he fires his phallic signifier wildy in all directions. All to a song from Donnie Darko. Okay.

Still, I guess the alternative could've been much, much worse.

Settra

The Gears of War commercial would have been 10 times better if they showed begining of the locus attack (normal people dying left and right etc) to the sounds of "Mad World". Now it's just kinda meh.

Kevin

If you guys want to download this episode or any other file from Video Google this is how you do it. Go to this site:

http://javimoya.com/blog/youtube_en.php

Drop the video google link of your choice in there and click download. It will give you the option to either download the FLV, AVI or iTunes MPG format. The AVI file is likely what you want. This is the file without the Google DRM in it. This site also allows you to save YouTube and other sites videos though only as FLV. Anyways enjoy for those who didn't already know this.

StRaNgE

Banned
that was so funny.

i did not see any negitive press about the wii.

though that's a pretty wack boob job. ha ha ha

do me like a monkey. ha ha ha

Onix said:
OH WOW ...

"No Muslims killing Jews"

Oh boy ... now they've done it!

I'll say. Though I'm sure they had no specific targets, it seems like they were picking them by only ragging Muslims and Christians there.

Ok, first I was taken aback by Ms Garrison throwing her faeces at Richard Dawkins... then I watched a bit more and had to witness not just one, but two disgusting sex scenes. I feel so sorry for Richard Dawkins.

You've got such spunk! If only you were an atheist... :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
unhealthy Wii Hype; strong Athiests vs. anti-evolutionists who are eager to misunderstand science and discredit its believers.... ah..... it's just like GAF.

Lobster

Banned
Ms Garrisons boob job has changed..the original was way more sloppy and the nipples were pointing up and down..

Matt_C

AniHawk said:
Well no. Okama Gamespher was the episode that combined the GC and Xbox launch since it was a green system called Game[insert 3D object].

Did you guys get this joke. Trey and Matt still know how to make us laugh.

Only if South Park parodies 4chan and maybe Jun from Hapiness.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
BocoDragon said:
unhealthy Wii Hype; strong Athiests vs. anti-evolutionists who are eager to misunderstand science and discredit its believers.... ah..... it's just like GAF.

What the hell is a strong atheist?
Is this some kind of pseudo term used by creationist?
What's a weak atheist?
Or the intermediate?

Even as an atheist myself, I haven't heard such term applied to atheists.

Top Bottom