• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Spider-Man Homecoming poster

Bishop89

horrible poster. Jesus..

the goat
latest

Renpatsu

that usually leds up films to be shit.

one writer should write story not group.

see : Guardians
That's not what he's implying though. He's saying that films throughout their production cycles may often see different writers on different iterations of the script. So one writer might come in initially, but another writer comes in after the fact - maybe keeping some aspects of the original, maybe jettisoning other aspects in favour of their own. Both writers may get credit depending on the writers union.

kunonabi

Zendaya and the people from the film keep saying she is not Mary Jane, instead that her character is someone else named Michelle. If she is Mary Jane I wish they would just confirm it and stop this "we want to make it some shocking reveal" thing. If everyone already thinks she is Mary Jane, what's the point of hiding it until the movie releases.

Considering Ganke is called Ned I don't think Zendaya being called Michelle really means all that much in regards to her being MJ or not. I hate that theyre were getting another shitty live-action MJ but it is what it is.

SYNTAX182

Lol, why is the Washington monument there? It's like they ran out of horizontal New York city and was like, there we go, much better.

Penguin

People at Sony Marketing don't give a fuck anymore

I honestly wouldn't lay the blame solely on Sony. Perhaps they took inspiration, but this isn't too far removed from some of the MCU-design of posters.

DAmLNfZWAAAR5kV.jpg

DAmLN66XoAAMvAu.jpg

Best/cynical guess, sony's attempt to steal MCU's steal

Considering Ganke is called Ned I don't think Zendaya being called Michelle really means all that much in regards to her being MJ or not. I hate that theyre were getting another shitty live-action MJ but it is what it is.
If she is not "MJ" but instead this universe's version of "MJ" that's good too. Introduce a new POC in the movies and then introduce that character to the rest of the Spider-Man franchise so we get more diversity.

boiled goose

good with gravy
I honestly wouldn't lay the blame solely on Sony. Perhaps they took inspiration, but this isn't too far removed from some of the MCU-design of posters.

DAmLNfZWAAAR5kV.jpg

DAmLN66XoAAMvAu.jpg

Best/cynical guess, sony's attempt to steal MCU's steal

Those look so much better. It's not even close.

Man normally I am not as harsh on posters as a lot of others here, but that is just absolutely terrible. Like, really bad. Bordering on Takers level.

dan2026

Why the fuck do these posters feel the need to include every cast member under the sun on them?

Spidey/Iron Man and Vulture are all on there twice!!
Absolute madness.

Gorillaz

Favreau being on the poster is a suprise. This will be the first time since he really had more
then just 5 mins of screen time like in IM3

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Gaf is always complaining about posters in the most hyperbolic fashion imaginable but in this instance gaf is right.

Like, they have somehow managed to hide Michael Keaton by putting him front and center.

Top Bottom