• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Star Wars: The Old Republic screenshots (it looks much better) **56k warning**

Varna

HK-47 said:
Fuck the good/evil scale. Bioware needs to get out of device like the Zelda team needs to get out of using the dark/light world mechanic

Don't think they can do that. The good/evil scale is the heart of their role-playing experience. It's shallow, but it's all they got because I seriously doubt this game will have anything beyond a little bar that represents their choices.

Lime

jangotangos said:
does anyone (especially the mass market) really care about a game set a thousand years before Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker, Boba Fett, etc?

lightsaber1.jpg

Varna

Sol.. said:
Serious question. Why do people want console/PC crossplay?

More people to play with?

Would be great if they could pull it off... I don't see why they couldn't.... FFXI runs across 3 (4 if you count the ps3) platforms.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Varna said:
Don't think they can do that. The good/evil scale is the heart of their role-playing experience. It's shallow, but it's all they got because I seriously doubt this game will have anything beyond a little bar that represents their choices.

They should at least introduce neutral. And none of the color code dialogue choices like ME either

HK-47 said:
They should at least introduce neutral. And none of the color code dialogue choices like ME either

I'm sure there will be something of the sort. Otherwise why expect anything other than the obvious? A Jedi fights for the Republic and stands for good...a Dark Jedi fights for the Sith Empire and is evil. Surprising no? :lol

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Dark FaZe said:
I'm sure there will be something of the sort. Otherwise why expect anything other than the obvious? A Jedi fights for the Republic and stands for good...a Dark Jedi fights for the Sith Empire and is evil. Surprising no? :lol

As KotOR II showed us, that doesnt have to be the case.

Vinci

Danish
So it's another WoW clone? Yes, storytelling - that's nice. But still ... Bioware, seriously guys, take a look at CCP's work sometime and learn a bit about what a MMO can actually do when handled properly.

traveler said:
Friggin hell, GAF. This place just simmers with hatred for MMOs. Such idiocy.

I’d like a mmo with an awesome dynamic world, of course it would be a griefer’s paradise at a 20,000 players per server setting, but at least it would be exciting.

In all the MMO’s I’ve played (eq1, 2, A.O., Neocron, WoW, Conan (LOL!), LOTR (although its “books/chapters” system did help this complaint a bit) everyone is just a sign post giving out the same "loot item x off of mob y for npc z", or "take item x to zone y and person z", rinse repeat.....

I don’t know how it could be done, but almost make each person’s area/game their own, my geek fantasy would be an mmo (maybe not even massive, maybe just like 50 players per server, more like Diablo 2 / neverwinter / smaller groups etc) where its cyberpunk and the world is fully influenced by whatever you do, and if you want you can have friends "join" your world to take down "party required" content, or you could join theirs for co op ness, or even join a 3rd party hosted shard (think like fps community servers are run) and influence their world.

Vinci

Danish
ZombieSupaStar said:
I’d like a mmo with an awesome dynamic world, of course it would be a griefer’s paradise at a 20,000 players per server setting, but at least it would be exciting.

EVE. That's all I'm saying. EVE. If that's what you're wanting, that's the game you should be putting your money in. Every user on one shard. Players can truly affect the world they exist within. Ignore the bullshit questing though - that's not what the game is about. It's about PvP and player cooperation, in business, in territorial control, in wartime.

In other words, it's the most awesome MMO ever made and you should be playing it.

Top Bottom