• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Tales of Xillia trailer (6/6)

ubercheez

Having an Instrumental version of Karma in Tales of the Abyss just wasn't the same. :(

Man, I understand that it must have seemed weird to those that already knew Karma, but I seriously loved the instrumental version. Got me pumped up every time I started the game, and I usually wound up letting the whole intro run.

Proven

Man, I understand that it must have seemed weird to those that already knew Karma, but I seriously loved the instrumental version. Got me pumped up every time I started the game, and I usually wound up letting the whole intro run.

Yeah, I have to say that after hearing them both, I still went back to listen to the instrumental version on my ipod here and there.

chrono01

Maybe the reason I thought it was odd was because I was so familiar to the vocals so having them omitted bothered me more than it should have.

I will admit, though, that the Instrumental version is a damn good song in its own-right. Absolutely nothing there to complain about. :)

Thorgal

decided to make a little round up of who the voice actors are

so far we have:

Sam Riegel = jude
Ali Hilis= Milla
???????= Leila
Tod Haberkorn = Rowen
???????= Eliza
???????= Alvin ( can't remember his name.)
Travis Willingham= Gaius.

thats all i know so far .

anyone willing to add or fill in some blanks ?

so far we have:

Sam Riegel = jude
Ali Hilis= Milla
???????= Leila
Tod Haberkorn = Rowen
???????= Eliza
???????= Alvin ( can't remember his name.)

Milla is amazingly not voiced by Ali Hills but instead by Minae Noj.

Thorgal

so far we have:

Sam Riegel = jude
Minae Noj= Milla
???????= Leila
Tod Haberkorn = Rowen
???????= Eliza
Matt Mercer= Alvin

Milla is amazingly not voiced by Ali Hills but instead by Minae Noj.

Thanks .i changed it plus added a video of her (She's a riot.)

Alvin is Matt Mercer

Added

Two more to go.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Thanks .i changed it plus added a video of her (She's a riot.)

Added

Two more to go.

We don't know the other two voice actresses. There is some speculation that Leia is Wendee Lee, but there is a lot of disagreement about that one too. We also need Tipo's voice actor.

There's a bit of speculation that Leia's might be Lauren Landa. She was apparently Little Queen in Graces f, and if that means she was also Fodra Queen I could understand some people thinking it's Wendee Lee since FQ's battle shouts made me think it was her too, but most of her other lines didn't.

AAK

So I have a question, I don't play RPG's at all. But I have a friend that loves them. I wanted to play a co op game with him when we have local gathers. I heard the Tales games have local co op. Is this true? And is it worth it for the co op experience?

Seda

So I have a question, I don't play RPG's at all. But I have a friend that loves them. I wanted to play a co op game with him when we have local gathers. I heard the Tales games have local co op. Is this true? And is it worth it for the co op experience?

Tales games allow other players to control characters in battle yes. However, I think I heard Xillia's co-op is not as good as some of the other titles dues to the linking system it has. I'm not sure on that though.

I have a twin brother that I've played most every tales game with and I'm fairly certain I wouldn't enjoy the series as much as I do if I played solo.

Xillia's link system kinda limits you to only playing at most 2 people at co-op. The problem is that the linked character automatically becomes CPU controlled when you choose to link with them even if they were controlled by a player before.

Though you could not use the link system when playing with a bunch of people but that's up to you and not using the link system.

Proven

Yeah, just don't use the link system and you'll be fine. That's what my friends and I are going to do.

If you want to get something right now, the current best localized Tales game for multiplayer is Tales of Graces F (most balanced characters), followed closely by Tales of the Abyss (FoF system gives better purpose to manually aimed spells and Free Running), but good luck getting controllers and multi-taps for the latter.

Bladenic

The thing about not using the link system is that link artes are way stronger than regular artes, you miss out on the link bonuses, and you can't even perform Mystic Artes.

It's like they designed the battle system around the ability to fight as pairs except only with the AI haha.

Cheska

That was an excellent trailer, got my hyped for it more than anything else has so far.

Question for those who've played the Japanese release: Does the game has a more serious tone than Graces? Because even after beating the game, I just didn't really give a crap about any of the characters or the world.

Proven

The thing about not using the link system is that link artes are why stronger than regular artes, you miss out on the link bonuses, and you can't even perform Mystic Artes.

It's like they designed the battle system around the ability to fight as pairs except only with the AI haha.
I raged about this before, but a friend was telling me that avoiding link artes only restricts access to one Mystic Arte.

He's buying the game, and my group is playing at his place, so the risk on my end is low. However I will walk out on the game and refuse to get a copy when I get my own PS3 if it's as bad as I first assumed it would be.

It'll just officially mean that the game isn't for me.

Kagami

Question for those who've played the Japanese release: Does the game has a more serious tone than Graces? Because even after beating the game, I just didn't really give a crap about any of the characters or the world.

More than Graces, I'd say yes. Maybe not to the degree of Vesperia.
I think the characters are a little more mature than in Graces.
Jude and Milla have an interesting relationship, and Alvin's pretty unique amongst Tales' characters.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Yeah, the tone's darker than Graces' mood and characterization. And you'll get more out of the majority of the cast as well, since the core principle of the game is whether or not your you'll stand by your personal convictions (and in some characters' cases, even if it may be damaging to others).

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I saw this the other day and was really impressed. I was about to make a thread saying how much I liked the trailer, but I found this thread was made.

Jubern

Warning for all people who are going to play the game.

I saw kayos breaking down on Twitter because of the Xillia Wikipedia page, and thought it deserved a biiiiig warning. The plot section of that article has a HUGE spoiler in the very first sentence, so you'll want to avoid that shit like the plague.

Kayos tried to fix it but the guy who wrote that section keeps switching it back.

Top Bottom