• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Tekken Movie set pics! - King of iron 'stashe?

Swittcher

Banned
500x_large5_01-620x.jpg

Wark

I initially I had my doubts, but I'm thinking this could be a good popcorn flick. At least the outfits look pretty authentic and it looks pretty action heavy, but that's where the trailers always get you. :lol I'll definitely check it out though.

GrayFoxPL

I watched few minutes of first behind the scenes video and turned it off. They spoiled enough, and Yoshi without a mask - fuck.

Who's Jean Kazuma btw?

Wark

GrayFoxPL said:
I watched few minutes of first behind the scenes video and turned it off. They spoiled enough, and Yoshi without a mask - fuck.

:( Really? Without a mask in the movie or just without a mask in the behind the scenes footage?

fernoca

GrayFoxPL said:

Who's Jean Kazuma btw?
Jin Kazama..?:p ..Jon Foo is the name of the actor.

Anyway IGN posted some new pics..

Bryan vs Jin (doing his "game pose")
tekken-20100217104754848_640w.jpg

Miguel (with short hair and a tatoo) vs Jin
tekken-20100217104754143_640w.jpg

And a few more...

The thing is, the they managed to make the characters look quite similar to their game versions, and even the ones that received some change (like Miguel) still wear their game costume (Miguel's pants)...

GrayFoxPL

Wark said:
:( Really? Without a mask in the movie or just without a mask in the behind the scenes footage?

Behind the scenes. Whole fight choreography etc.

fernoca said:
Jin Kazama..?:p ..Jon Foo is the name of the actor.

Eh, I know.
Did you watch the videos?

Vitruviux

Banned
Straight to betamax.

With all the CGI capabilities nowadays and the CGI spamfest in movies, I wonder why couldn't they have just made a CGI cartoon/film instead?

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Don't really get the hate this movie's getting. All Tekken really has to do is deliver some good fights. It looks like Tekken, and by the trailers, it's based around the tournament. There's no way they could screw up the story. (Given how absurd Tekken's story is.)

It's looking like it's going to be as good a game adaptation as there has ever been. (Better than that crappy OVA at least.)

LowParry

They got Anna down pretty much but Nina...........is she like wearing silk? She's suppose to be an assassin, not...whatever the fuck that is. :lol

GrayFoxPL

CcrooK said:
They got Anna down pretty much but Nina...........is she like wearing silk? She's suppose to be an assassin, not...whatever the fuck that is. :lol

Nina always looked slutty. They nailed that look.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Just noticed in that pic: Nina's panties/thong/whatever you call it isn't exactly tight fit, it's actually loose. Could there be a
tranny
surprise?

Monocle

That behind the scenes footage looks promising. Nice to know the film might not be a total crapfest.

CcrooK said:
2s000wm.jpg

That isn't exactly slutty.
Sarcasm? That outfit has a definite skank factor. The pelvic section that evokes thong straps is what pushes it over the edge for me. Compare with Nina's Tekken 3 look:

xdxe3b.jpg

Infinitely preferable. I don't know how much you know about video game fashion (I'm an expert), but in my opinion, T3 costume = foxy chic, T4 costume = garish slutbag. (Her T3 face is better too.)

GrayFoxPL

Wake up sleepyheads! You thought this was released long time ago, didn't you?

Ha! No. The movie will be out on August 11 in Japan.

Here is a NEW TRAILER! Looks like it was stolen from the depths of directors shelf and recorded by hand camera.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkZqBOLOyso&feature=player_embedded

Be amazed!

I wanted this to be semi-good and I was going back and forth with hype, but this trailer makes me laugh.

"TEKKEN KILLED MY MOTHER!"

Can't shake the feeling that this was planned to be released together with Namco's Tekken anouncment that supposed to happen acording to Markman, but was delayed.
I think that's why the movie is coming so late. Markman? You got some news on this bro?

GrayFoxPL said:
I won't make another thread, but this is from King of Fighters movie:
Maggie Q as Mature that looks like Vince
U2368P115DT20081226101950.jpg

It's not Mature, she plays Mai Shiranui :D for some obscure reasons...

Mature and Vice are in the movie, though looking rancid as all hell :D
kof.jpg

firen

a) Where is hwoarang?
b) Why does this look like some cheesy 80s flick?
c) Why does the fan made Street Fighter film look cooler than this?
d) Why did they even bother?

Xater

Rahxephon91 said:
It just looks and sounds awesome.

"citizens of Tekken"

I was like "wat?" at that line. :lol

It still looks less terrible than the Chun Li movie which I had to suffer through.

firen said:
a) Where is hwoarang?
b) Why does this look like some cheesy 80s flick?
c) Why does the fan made Street Fighter film look cooler than this?
d) Why did they even bother?

Answer to a) b) c) and d): TEKKEN KILLED HIS MOTHER

GrayFoxPL

What the fuck is this? There are even more trailers hidden in depths of internet.

Real one too. Flashes some never seen before scenes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lyzb0uietGo&feature=related

Btw. This may be awful but making Anna and Nina Kazuya's whores and Jin getting some Christy ass(instead of being harassed by some postprimetime schoolgirl) is a big fucking plus for me. :lol

3520obr.jpg

Lucky bastard. What would I give to be in Jon Foo's pants.

Wait... That sounded wrong.

GrayFoxPL

So... You know the movie is out. I know you do. ;)

Finished watching it a little while ago.

Oh my, oh my, oh my. What a shit fest. Mind you I came to this with as small expectations as possible with just a candle with a tiny flame of hope. This little firey hope was put down with a bucket of feces by the creators of this "film".

When I saw the "behind the scenes" vids I was already on alert. They were playing tekken 5 there, thou I'm not sure if hammering one button qualifies as playing. That how the man responsible for fight scenes was playing the game.

It's obvious that the directorsss, screen writers, and everyone else whole knowlege of Tekken series came from watching Tekken 5 intro only.

The movie stinks of made for tv quality. But I must note that the first half of this filfth I would deem watchable for my extremely low standards. It's the second half where it seems that the budget is all gone and most of the crew just left the set. What is surprising is that the whole thing looks like someone's first movie project. Extremely amatourish. The director D. Little did few movies before, so it shouldn't be so bad, but it is. It's badly directed, badly put together, badly edited and badly everything. It's like a school project gone too far.

Oh btw. If you think the game's story is bad and characters are one- dimentional and their motivation is shallow then you should see the movie version of those. It's so much worse it'll make the games script look like a epos. The characters are paper thin, souless, not to mention mixed up from the game (not like anyone making this movie cared), the story is straight terrible, dialogs nonexistent. Music is fucking shit. It just makes the movie even worse.

And let's get something straight: This isn't just awfull Tekken movie. It's an awfull movie period. There are just few fight scenes, but each last a minute or so. The fighters do decently, sometimes even solid work, but it's brief and terrible editing and directing just wastes their hard work.

You want to see a recent, cool and also straight to dvd fight movie? Watch Undisputed 3. It's the best thing that came out in the last few years.

Is there something I liked or found funny? Yes, but it could be closed in 2-3 minute clip.

1.Christine's ass-crack. - Haha, yes. Christine in all her pants have a deep cut so that her ass crack can be visible at all times. Camera focuses on it couple of times, but the best thing that came out of it is a one scene in the dance club. So Christine and Jin go there and she starts dancing. Seems like nothing...until she does a quick 360 turn. There for that one brief moment when she turns away Jin looks down on her ass and straight back up into her eyes when she turns to his face. It lasts a fraction of a second and no it's not slow motion and camera wasn't focused on her ass, it was just basic view of them dancing. If you won't focus on Jin's eyes you'll miss it. I wouldn't be surprised if that was just a beside a script. Jon Foo's freebe. Maybe that's why it's my favorite scene of the movie. :lol

2. Jin's wooden man training when he breaks it. Nice.

3. Couple of nice moves here and there from Foo, Gary Daniels, and Yoshimitsu actor. Btw. I've read on the net that Gary Daniels is a great guy behind the set and he never wants to dissapoint the fans. And to me he was the only guy who did his homework. He portaited his character most accurately of all cast. I would not be surprised if he was the only one who knew what Tekken is all about. Gary, you fucking rule.

4. Kazuya's trenchcoat from Tekken Tag.

5. Jin's dress, shirt at the end.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I thought Jin was with Xiaoyu. ;_;

...Yup...Direct to DVD.

I agree with the statement GrayFox made that it seemed that everything felt TV quality, and rather amateurish. The script was laughable at best, and the story and characters followed typical cliches found in almost any fighting movie.

It's a bad movie, but hey least the fights were entertaining...and at least it isn't as bad as "The Last Airbender".

what a horrible film :D better than Chun-Li but far worse than say Mortal Kombat or the original Street Fighter.

About on par with Double Dragon :D

And yes, the best part about the movie is christie's ass-cleavage.

Not even Cyril Raffaelli's coreography saved this :/

Top Bottom