• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

New THQ Nordic Open-World ARPG "Biomutant" Accidentally Revealed Early [PS4/X1/PC]

Koozek

May 19, 2013
Not sure if I'm allowed to link directly to scans/photos from magazines, but in the recent German GamesMarkt magazine there is an ad for a THQ Nordic-developed Open-World Action-RPG called Biomutant, coming Early 2018 for PS4/X1/PC. Check this guy's twitter: https://twitter.com/Tino_Hahn/

The protagonist is a racoon(?) with a sword who judging from the tagline knows kung fu!

Tagline says: "The post-apocalyptic kung fu fable"
---

Update on developer:
Experiment 101, their logo is up there before the THQ one

http://experiment101.com/

BY2K

Membero Americo
Sep 12, 2010
Canada
Biomutant.

This is 90's radical shit, right there.

EDIT: Ok, I dig the protag's design.

It's like fantasy Rocket Raccoon.

Sentenza

Dec 3, 2011
Well, you can't deny that's an... unusual premise.

Who's developing it? i'm getting Gothic/Risen vibes from the screens, but I know Piranha Bytes is busy with ELEX.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Nov 23, 2015
New Jersey
Looks like the Redwall version of Guts. I'll take it. Does he have a fake paw that is also a cannon?

Necron

Jul 12, 2011
Switzerland
Biomutant.

This is 90's radical shit, right there.

EDIT: Ok, I dig the protag's design.

It's like fantasy Rocket Raccoon.
Was thinking the same, haha.

Looking forward to a trailer for this. Sounds great!

Edit: No Keanu Reeves "I know kung-fu" gif yet?

Sebastiano

Dec 17, 2013
Holy shit, I love the hero design, it's Rocket Raccoon x Guts from Berserk. Really curious about the gameplay!

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Nov 22, 2006
Not digging the name but the rest shows promise, looking forward some gameplay footage.