• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New to PS Plus Extra / PS Plus Premium? You have less than a month to play Shadow Warrior 3

Shadow Warrior 3 will be available to Extra / Premium subscribers only until July 5th, 2022. This has already been mentioned a bit in other threads, but I thought it should probably have a specific thread for several reasons.

It's a head up for anyone interested in playing it. It only takes about five or six hours to finish, so it's kind of perfect for a service like this. You may remember this as the game that was famously promoted as taking 500 hours to complete 60 times.

It will likely be the first major title to leave the recently reworked service. It was originally a day one release on PS Now. Despite coming out in March, there's also no PS5 version that was released, making it even less likely that many PlayStation owners would care to purchase it outside of a service like this. It does run at a fairly solid 60 fps with an FOV slider on PS5, though.

It should also give people a good idea what happens to games that leave the service. Will those who have already downloaded the game be given a grace period, or will they instantly not be able to play the game anymore?

And for those who often find themselves with a backlog, it's a reminder that games on the service won't be available forever. Especially when it comes to day one releases of 3rd party titles, you might want to keep that in mind.

Last edited:

mxbison

Good to know. I enjoyed Shadow Warrior 2 a lot and thought it was underrated. Will definitely play this next week then.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Me as PS Plus essential user:
Man Body GIF

Papacheeks

Banned
Shadow warrior 3 I can tell was not the focus for the studio, it was Evil west.

SW3 is not good like at all.

It controls like a mobile game if that says anything.

Kind of sad since I really enjoyed the first 2.

jm89

It alright, dumb fun doesn't overstay it's welcome. One of my big gripes though is when you attack the enemies there isn't much feeling of impact.

Three

Gold Member
so funny life of the party GIF by HULU

No, it'll be just like Game Pass. You won't be able to load the game unless you buy it.

They SHOULD add a "leaving soon" section like they do on Game Pass with a 20% off discount.
If it's anything like PS Now there is a grace period where even though it has left the service you get some extra week or two if you're playing it. Happened with TLOU2 at least.

T-Cake

I thought it was fantastic. Very much like the Doom reboot. Only one trophy away from platinum but it's a bit of a bugger to get.

Last edited:

LordCBH

Well shit I’ll jump on it then. The previous shadow warriors were awesome so I don’t wanna pass this one up.

If it's anything like PS Now there is a grace period where even though it has left the service you get some extra week or two if you're playing it. Happened with TLOU2 at least.
Interesting. I would hope they'd make use of the notification system on PlayStation and the PS App to give people a heads up. A system where "you have one month left before these games leave the service" would later be followed by "this game has left the service, you have two weeks until you are no longer able to play it" would be ideal.

I could hardly make it through the tutorial, wasn't diggin the gameplay. Might give it another chance before it leaves.

Yeah, constantly interrupting the intro with abrupt cuts scenes wasn't very good game design. It seems that sort of thing continues throughout, but it's really bad in the early sections of the game.

93xfan

Banned
so funny life of the party GIF by HULU

No, it'll be just like Game Pass. You won't be able to load the game unless you buy it.

They SHOULD add a "leaving soon" section like they do on Game Pass with a 20% off discount.
How about a combined “new and leaving soon” section?

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
I would've liked to have played that game. Another nail in the coffin for me not to renew Playstation Plus in December, for the first time in twelve years. No current multiplayer games interest me anymore since BF5 and maybe three games I've enjoyed via PlayStation Plus in the last eighteen months.

Excited The Neverending Story GIF

Top Bottom