• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Tomb Raider Legend previews

Mrbob

HELLS YEAH this will be great. Lara am back! :D

I will be getting this on 360!

Game is going back to its roots from part one! Brilliant!

eshwaaz

The videos actually give me a lot of hope. Lara's movements and acrobatics are still not as silky and graceful as the Prince in PoP, but it still looks like it could be a lot of fun. Environmental puzzles, platforming, and actual tomb raiding - I really hope Crystal Dynamics pulls it off.

Shinobi

SolidSnakex said:
Told ya it was going to be great. Stop doubting and hop on the train. :)

To be fair we thought this about the last Tomb Raider game. :lol But that hasn't stopped me from being hopeful about this one.

That's true, but I think the biggest sign that there was going to be a turn in direction with this game (other than the dev change) is that they really changed the controls for the first time in the series. It showed that they were definetly looking to put the series back on the track it should've stayed on.

bumpkin

SolidSnakex said:
Told ya it was going to be great. Stop doubting and hop on the train. :)
It's Crystal fucking D. Of course it was gonna turn out good. The Soul Reaver games were fucking amazing.

Majmun

Really looking forward to this. Looks very promising. Angel of Bugness was a mess. Never finished it thanks to a major bug half through the game.

Gribbix

The official website was just updated today. There are some new pics, story info, a release date estimate (April 2006), and a desktop buddy. There is also a picture of Lara in her old outfit in the PSP section.

oldoutfit.jpg

Mrbob

Nice. I like the music. Should fit the theme of the game well!

I haven't been this giddy to play a TR since, uh, TR2 on Playstation. I love the original TR. One of my favorite classics. TR2 is decent, too, but it started going away from what made the first one great: raiding underground tombs!

Ranger X

I have a bad feeling reading IGN's preview. They are too quiet, they gave too many thumbs down. Jeez, when a game is "slightly good" they are tripping on ecstacy...

Oh well, i'm gonna give it a chance as i am a fan of Tomb Raider 1 and 2

Brannon

Sure it's done by a different team, but people said there were big changes in Angel of Darkness's preview and we know how that one came out. I'll trust them about as far as I can throw the Earth.

Top Bottom