• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Trusty Bell screens

llTll said:

Yeah that works. The environments in RG are very comparable but I think Trusty Bell characters look far better.

Edit - Trusty Bell characters remind me more of the RG CG characters.

llTll

Banned
Fallofmart said:
Yeah that works. The environments in RG are very comparable but I think Trusty Bell characters look far better.

Edit - Trusty Bell characters remind me more of the RG CG characters.

oh ofcourse, i am not comparing ps2 to xbox 360. but i am just saying that this game doesn't scream next gen. not even in cell-shading department.

llTll said:
oh ofcourse, i am not comparing ps2 to xbox 360. but i am just saying that this game doesn't scream next gen. not even in cell-shading department.

I think the environments let it down. Hopefully they work on them a bit.

Speevy

Banned
It does look like a PS2 game, but so has every JRPG shown so far with the exception of FFXIII.

As a matter of fact, with cel-shaded styles, you're probably not going to get a full "next gen." look, but rather a really clean one with nice art.

Speevy

Banned
Oh, and Baten Kaitos has some glorious prerendered backgrounds, so I hope their talent translates to this game.

StephaneC said:
52441320060714_061728_3_big.jpg

52441320060714_061727_2_big.jpg

two more screens here

horrible character designs .....ugh.

RaijinFY

Not trolling or anything but seeing these pics made me realize the game looks barely better than a PS2 game. Only in High-rez', that's all. :(

RaijinFY

WHOAguitarninja said:
All this game really needs is much more agressive AA. I think if the IQ were a bit cleaner it would look much much better.

This game needs a more next-gen feeling, which for now, has not...

parada911

Mefisutoferesu said:
Weeeell, according to IGN...

RPG:
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, The
Lord of the Rings: The White Council, The
Mass Effect
Enchanted Arms
Blue Dragon
Lost Odyssey
Far East of Eden Ziria - Tales from Distant Jipang
Final Fantasy XI
Magna Carta 2
Two Worlds
Trusty Bell: Chopin's Dream
Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning
Phantasy Star Universe
Square Enix / Tri-Ace RPG
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Collector's Edition, The
Jade Empire 2 (Unnanounced)
X Quest
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic III [rumored]
Embrace of Time: Chapter 1 Resurrectio Ocolus, The
Spectral Diario
Champions of Atlantis

Action RPG:
Fable 2
Elveon
BioShock
Obsidian RPG Project [untitled]
Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom
Dungeon Explorer
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance

That's 20 something, I dunno what else is missing, since you said 34, but anyway. That's what's out there, or might be out there. Also, I'm apparently, quite slow to post. =\

Very cool list. Thanks for compiling that.

Vark

Okay guys, we need to have a little talk here.

Games on a next-gen platform does not necessarily mean you're getting a game with a next gen budget.

(of course that doesn't mean publishers won't charge you next-gen prices, but you take that shit up with them).

It doesn't make sense to drop 20+ million dollars on an RPG thats going to sell 300,000 copies or less.

duckroll

Vark said:
Okay guys, we need to have a little talk here.

Games on a next-gen platform does not necessarily mean you're getting a game with a next gen budget.

(of course that doesn't mean publishers won't charge you next-gen prices, but you take that shit up with them).

It doesn't make sense to drop 20+ million dollars on an RPG thats going to sell 300,000 copies or less.

I guess that's why most people won't be getting next-generation consoles for some time then! Makes sense! :D

Edit: Here's a particularly horrible screenshot.

screenshot_trustybell_field1.jpg

Top Bottom