• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Type Pokemon confirmed by leak informations

It's about time steel moves can get more use offensively. Gyro ball, Heavy Slam etc...

My Magnezone is ready. Also make Tri-Attack Fairy Type, for shits and giggles. What moves should be changed to Fairy though? I'm guessing all the Comic moves.

Clefable with an immunity and its awesomesauce ability will be usable next gen.

I can just imagine Clefable coming out of a Poker all and switching into a field full of spikes, pointy rocks, poison vines and a freaking dragon launching a Meteor on top of him and being completely unaware of all that damage.

PK Gaming

Clefable was a nightmare in gen IV. Decent in OU, but one of the best UU Pokemon ever; it always most impossible to counter on the first turn, since you had no idea what it was going to use. Calm Mind? Cosmic Power? Meteor Mash? etc.

EDIT: pretty good in non OU tiers too.

Fandangox

(I never will understand the poison weak to psychic & ground connection)

For Psychic I always saw it like this: I related poison to sickness and a common belief/saying is that a strong mind can overcome any illness i.e Mind over body.

Also wouldn't reclassing a bunch of old Normal types into Fairy make Fighting types less viable? :c

Frost_Ace

Won't even need to predict the switch-in to use Superpower anymore. Just Bullet Punch that pink bitch. As a hyper offensive guy, I despise Blissey and stall in general(respect it though). We need a decent Special Fighting move with decent move distribution. Aura Sphere is great, barely anything learns it though.

A move tuor of aura sphere would be awesome.

Timid Raikou with Aura sphere/Thunderbolt/hidden power ice, yes please <3

Man God

Non-Canon Member
For Psychic I always saw it like this: I related poison to sickness and a common belief/saying is that a strong mind can overcome any illness.

Also wouldn't reclassing a bunch of old Normal types into Fairy make Fighting types less viable? :c

Fighting was one of the butt monkeys of Gen 1, didn't get a ton of help in Gen 2 despite being super effective against both new types and has been on a meteoric rise since then.

It could use a bit of the old nerf bat.

Fighting type is already pretty good. His two weakness are Psychic and Flying, both very unpopular attack moves. I wonder how Pokes like Lucario will do, he will be weak against Fairy yet Strongs against It.

Fandangox

Fighting was one of the butt monkeys of Gen 1, didn't get a ton of help in Gen 2 despite being super effective against both new types and has been on a meteoric rise since then.

It could use a bit of the old nerf bat.

I don't think Fighting types are THAT good to deserve a nerf, I just think they are probably the most well balanced type out there.

Which is why a new type affecting fighting types worries me.

TreIII

For Psychic I always saw it like this: I related poison to sickness and a common belief/saying is that a strong mind can overcome any illness i.e Mind over body.

And likewise for Ground, I think it would have to do with the fact that dirt actually works pretty well as a "natural" filter (even if the nearby plantlife certainly won't appreciate it).

Man God

Non-Canon Member
People really tend to underestimate just how popular fighting type moves have become. Oh sure, there are only a few big name fighting type pokémon that get used all the time, but man do they ever get used ALL THE TIME.

It's slowing down the EV training process if anything.

Depends on how well you've developed your JA I guess. Magnemite chain was a bit of a pain so I'm at a point where 2 to 3 hours is more or less what I need to complete EV training for a Pokémon I've just hatched, since I have to get that money after all. Auras help a lot though.

Ezalc

In order for the Fairy type to actually have such massive changes to the metagame that people are predicting, there has to be Fairy Pokemon that are actually good to use.

Time for Granbull to finally have it's time in the spotlight. As well as a fuck awesome Dunsparce evolution!

Oh God, Pancham is adorable.

LMAO "Gogoat"

gogurt.jpeg

Time for Granbull to finally have it's time in the spotlight. As well as a fuck awesome Dunsparce evolution!

I would kill for this. Dunsparce already kicks ass, but it'd be awesome to have him ascend to Togekiss-tier.

It already only takes an hour to finish EV training a Pokemon (aside from Defense). It's just that the stupid system is constantly hidden and refuses to communicate the actual numerical values to you.

Busaiku

They all have the same total stats, but just different distributions.

All the following are 130/110/95 distributions (the rest are 65).
Jolteon - Speed/Special Attack/Special Defense
Flareon - Attack/Special Defense/Special Attack
Vaporeon- HP/Special Attack/Special Defense
Espeon - Special Attack/Speed/Special Defense
Umbreon - Special Defense/Defense/HP
Glaceon - Special Attack/Defense/Special Defense
Leafeon - Defense/Attack/Speed

I guess Sylveon could be Speed/Special Defense/Special Attack, which is still ok.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
How did the anime explain when, after Magnemite appeared as an Electric-type on the show, he was reclassed in GSC to be part-Steel?

I remember this!

It was in the first episode of the English "Master Quest" Season, the last season of Johto. Professor Elm basically just said the type was newly discovered and Pokemon were reclassified as it.

And then no one cared.

I remember this!

It was in the first episode of the English "Master Quest" Season, the last season of Johto. Professor Elm basically just said the type was newly discovered and Pokemon were reclassified as it.

And then no one cared.

Can't imagine that it would come so late in the Johto saga when Ash and gang should have already met Jasmine by then, even with the slow pacing.

Izayoi

Banned
This is hardly "confirmed". We've known about this for a few days, mods should change the thread title, it's more than likely fake.

Sylveon is a new type, but it will not have the same SE/weaknesses as mentioned in the OP, and there are no confirmed Pokemon of the new type other than Sylveon.

Busaiku

You know, the cartoon can have it so that like the older Pokemon found in Kalos are different because they're Fairy here, but not outside.
It helps to keep the distinctness that Unova had, maybe.

I dunno.

This is hardly "confirmed". We've known about this for a few days, mods should change the thread title, it's more than likely fake.

Sylveon is a new type, but it will not have the same SE/weaknesses as mentioned in the OP, and there are no confirmed Pokemon of the new type other than Sylveon.

The reason it is "confirmed" is because the source named all 4 of the new Pokemon and he was right.

You'd be right... if you ignored that WPM's source correctly called the localised names that we've seen today.

backlot

It just seems a little suspicious to me that the localized names weren't included in the original rumor. Is there any more info they haven't told us about yet?

It just seems a little suspicious to me that the localized names weren't included in the original rumor. Is there any more info they haven't told us about yet?

He said he left a lot out because he didn't know if it was true or not and he didn't want to post a wall of text that might be fake.

Top Bottom