• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Uncharted Drake Fortune PS3 Game Scans

I think its looks amazing personally but I dont know whats happening on the technology side of things. Just for future reference what games do you think look so great.

Jim

ELS-01X said:
Why not? They're not even scans.

They are still not in the context of the magazine which they are exclusive to. If people are interested they can just sign themselves up, download the viewer, etc.

Until the exclusivity is up, a screen capture of the digital mag is no different than a scan of the physical mag.

BruceLeeRoy said:
I think its looks amazing personally but I dont know whats happening on the technology side of things. Just for future reference what games do you think look so great.

It's a ND game, so it's going to be pushing the system about as hard as any of the top games on the system.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Screens of Uncharted, Lair and Heavenly Sword in this downloadable issue are completely screwed up. Everything looks like a really overexposed photo or something like that. Really weird. I've seen the direct feed screens of all three games, and they just don't look like this.

SolidSnakex said:
It's a ND game, so it's going to be pushing the system about as hard as any of the top games on the system.

Yeah im more addressing ELS than anything with that comment.
The guy doesnt seem to enjoy anything. I cant recall being in a thread and him posting
anything that made him excited or that he didnt critique.

ELS-01X

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
Judging by those shots, it's not pushing the system graphically. Maybe physics wise though.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
BruceLeeRoy said:
Yeah im more addressing ELS than anything with that comment.
The guy doesnt seem to enjoy anything. I cant recall being in a thread and him posting
anything that made him excited or that he didnt critique.

LAIR! He goes crazy over LAIR.

I think the textures look kinda medium res probably because the game is open world. I doubt it has "levels" or it just might be the dreaded alpha version

antiloop

I think the textures in the latest 720p screens looks pretty damn awesome, oh and the lightning.

Haven't got the opportunity to see the new ones in this mag though.

Edit: Just saw them. Lightning is top notch as always, looks like something from a comic. Everything reacts to lightning. Big picture looks weird. Could just be this pic though so no worries yet.

This will be the game of the year on PS3 for me. I am almost sure. (together with MGS4 and Warhawk) ;)

mckmas8808

WOW!! Screens look good. I know that if they were properly displayed they would look great. Heavenly Sword now has blood. I likes.

Dooshbag

Banned
Seriously, I can't understand all the hype behind this game. I don't see what differentiates it from being Tomb Raider with a dude (Dude Raider). I suspect the excitement comes from:

1) It's a PS3 game. We're just chomping at the bit for that first "Oh my God, this is what Sony promised!" moment.

2) It's from Naughty Dog--a proven developer.

3) 1 and 2.

Until I see something that excites me, I'm on the fence.

antiloop

Dooshbag said:
Seriously, I can't understand all the hype behind this game. I don't see what differentiates it from being Tomb Raider with a dude (Dude Raider). I suspect the excitement comes from:

1) It's a PS3 game. We're just chomping at the bit for that first "Oh my God, this is what Sony promised!" moment.

3) 1 and 2.

But the trailer isn't anything like Tomb Raider.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Dooshbag said:
Seriously, I can't understand all the hype behind this game. *snip* Until I see something that excites me, I'm on the fence.

Maybe you could watch the trailer? ;)

theBishop

Banned
Dooshbag said:

3) 1 and 2.

Wow.

yeah nothing in these shots looks anything like Tomb Raider.

Lara is an adventurous babe
This guy is a pussy

his girlfriend is lost or whatever and you eventually get to work with her
you can drive vehicles
you can actually climb stuff instead of watching cut scenes ...

I loved the last Tomb Raider game but this doesn't look anything like it. If you are really comparing it, compare it to MGS3.

theBishop

Banned
Doom_Bringer said:
you can drive vehicles

That's not what GameInformer says about it. That girl isn't Drake's girlfriend.

Dooshbag

Banned
Doom_Bringer said:
yeah nothing in these shots looks anything like Tomb Raider.

Lara is an adventurous babe
This guy is a pussy

you can drive vehicles

I loved the last Tomb Raider game but this doesn't look anything like it. If you are really comparing it, compare it to MGS3.
Looking at the trailers and screens, I keep thinking about Far Cry + Tomb Raider as far as overall concept is concerned.

Seriously, what's the hook? The storytelling? The animation and physics?

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Maybe I'm just high off of Legend, but I'd love a new Tomb Raider with an engine like this. If this game is somewhat in that mould, I personally wouldn't see that as a negative at all (the opposite in fact). We could do with more quasi-platformers/explore-em-ups.

Dooshbag said:
Looking at the trailers and screens, I keep thinking about Far Cry + Tomb Raider as far as overall concept is concerned.

yawn Far Cry? WTF? This is not a FPS

mckmas8808

Dooshbag said:

Read some of the previews.

Pimpwerx

Dooshbag said:

This game's just not for douchebags, that's all. PEACE.

Dooshbag said:
I know that much. I'm talking vibe. I get that VIBE from what I've seen. So far it hasn't grabbed me.

So you don't like Pacific Islands? Holy shit a game isn't set in a war torn barren city! It doesn't have buffed up American marines! It sucks! Dude Raider!!!

GTFO with that shit please

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Doom_Bringer said:
well the forum didn't :p

alpha
2qbeii1.jpg

final
2evryuw.jpg

It looks like not much changed. Maybe the framerate and online play were incorporated during that time.

Dooshbag

Banned
Doom_Bringer said:
So you don't like Pacific Islands? Holy shit a game isn't set in a war torn barren city! It doesn't have buffed up American marines! It sucks! Dude Raider!!!

GTFO with that shit please
Why the hostility? I just don't see anything that stands out other than the fact that it's a ND game. Move on.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Dooshbag said:
I get it too. I'm a junior so my opinion is shit.

No... your opinion is shit because your opinion is shit. But that's just my opinion.

Edit: All kidding aside, what's NOT to like about this game?

VonGak

Banned
Dooshbag said:

3) 1 and 2.

Well what had people up and yabbing about Gears of War?

And what is it you think this game lacks, is it space marines?

What made the Indy movies so good? Because that's my answer to why I'm hyped for this game.

Dooshbag

Banned
VonGak said:
Well what had people up and yabbing about Gears of War?
Graphics and that's about it. Gears was cute to look at for a couple of months. There wasn't much there in terms of substance.

My point is what's Uncharted's hook?

antiloop

Dooshbag said:
Graphics and that's about it. Gears was cute to look at for a couple of months. There wasn't much there in terms of substance.

Have you seen the trailer yet? I think it describes the game pretty well. Looks very Indiana Jones+Pitfall+Broken Sword :) (oh well and maybe some Tomb Raider)

But if you are not into those kind of games, I don't think you should buy the game when it comes out.

Dooshbag said:
Damn. And I had to get raped repeatedly just to get a simple answer.

Nah, it was probably more due to the fact that you jumped into the thread with this usual bit of bullshit...

I suspect the excitement comes from...

And proceeded to fill in the blanks of why other people are enthused about a particular game. You're just trying to be snarky, not genuinely asking anyone. If you simply said "hey, this looks like Tomb Raider and Far Cry, no thanks!" folks could have rolled their eyes and moved along.

VonGak

Banned
Dooshbag said:

The pontential feel of being an ordinary guy on a treasure hunt, slowly transforming into a regulare Indy as the game progresses.
So much more interesting than playing a bunny jumping redhead which an English accent and size H breasts.

ND has always been good at plot progressing, diversity in gameplay, level design and graphics.

Just that they hired a guy from the Prince of Persia developer to ensure the camera system will have a movie feel is a big plus.

That Uncharted currently takes the crown as the epidrome of next gen is just another plus.

VonGak said:
The pontential feel of being an ordinary guy on a treasure hunt, slowly transforming into a regulare Indy as the game progresses.
So much more interesting than playing a bunny jumping redhead which an English accent and size H breasts.

Don't knock TR. It's a kickass series, especially since CD is now rebuilding its name.

VonGak

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
Don't knock TR. It's a kickass series, especially since CD is now rebuilding its name.

Shhh, I know a few Core Design fans who will rip your heart for saying so.

Top Bottom