• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Uncharted Drake Fortune PS3 Game Scans

Ether_Snake said:
E3 build looked better.

More realistic lighting, more realistic fog (why the heck is it blue now?), foliage looked better, color palette was better and more realistic, and the character was shaded more properly (could be linked to the better lighting). Plus it appears that the texture resolution was better back then too.

Oh well, I want to see this thing in motion, it better move as well as it did back then, it's the first game that is supposed to show us "real" next-gen animations like those we are to expect from FFXIII, White Knight Story, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, and quite frankly what I would expect from MGS4 (unlikely, sadly).

Of all gamers i'd think Metal Gear fans would understand the importance of color filters.

Chrono

Banned
Great, more scans. Ahem.

THIS

IS

NEXT-GEN

*batshit-insane psycho face*

IT'S EITHER VIDEOS OR THE PIT FOR YOUR NAUGHTY DOG. :mad:

his post is debatable:

More realistic lighting

Realistic? The entire trailer looked cartoony to me. But yea it had better lighting for sure

more realistic fog (why the heck is it blue now?)

There wasn't any fog in that trailer. I am sure Naughty dog will fix it up

foliage looked better
False. Did you look at GI and Spanish mag shots? 3d grass, awesome detailed leaves but some of the larger tree tops still look n64'ish

color palette was better and more realistic
It didn't look like a game. It comes down to perferance, I think it looks better now

the character was shaded more properly (could be linked to the better lighting).
The shading is still good! Did you check out the EGM shots? He looks really good in that sub section

Plus it appears that the texture resolution was better back then too.
most developers implement high res textures towards the end of the development. Cause right not the engine isn't optimized and if they placed the high res textures now, it would chug on the dev kit

Kittonwy

Banned
Raist said:
ssshhhh, you may summon who you know

gladtomeetya.gif

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
deepbrown said:
you serious? There has been no downgrade, there has been an upgrade.

balance-behind%20copy--screenshot_viewer_medium.jpg

That's a tiny screenshot. The images above showed what I was talking about.

Anyway not a big deal, I want to see it in motion. Most next-gen games look like crap in screens anyway.

SolidSnakex said:
Of all gamers i'd think Metal Gear fans would understand the importance of color filters.

What color filter? The blue fog is not a color filter, it's just that is blue. It looks weird.

EDIT: Oh and for the texture resolution thing, it was higher before, now it's lower, so that means downgrade. Hey I don't care either way really, I'm just mentioning it.

Kittonwy

Banned
Ether_Snake said:
That's a tiny screenshot. The images above showed what I was talking about.

Anyway not a big deal, I want to see it in motion. Most next-gen games look like crap in screens anyway.

What color filter? The blue fog is not a color filter, it's just that is blue. It looks weird.

EDIT: Oh and for the texture resolution thing, it was higher before, now it's lower, so that means downgrade. Hey I don't care either way really, I'm just mentioning it.

The new pics from EGM are awesome though, better than what was shown in the E3 trailer and what was shown in Game Informer #168 for sure, especially the lighting and the water (the character's jeans actually look wet when he emerges from the water and the greenish-blue lighting looks awesome), one shot has the Nathan basking in volumetric sunlight peeking through an open door in the vessel.

SO AWESOME.
gladtomeetya.gif

luca_29_bg

Kittonwy said:
The new pics from EGM are awesome though, better than what was shown in the E3 trailer and what was shown in Game Informer #168 for sure, especially the lighting and the water (the character's jeans actually look wet when he emerges from the water and the greenish-blue lighting looks awesome), one shot has the Nathan basking in volumetric sunlight peeking through an open door in the vessel.

SO AWESOME.
gladtomeetya.gif

for me the the screen from egm is the same build seen in game informer.There's no other material for media till e3 i suppose :(

Looks really really nice. Hopefully ND can deliver on the gameplay side of things, cause so far I haven't liked a single ND game (except Crash Team Racing).

Dizzan

MINI Member
tambourine said:
Looks really really nice. Hopefully ND can deliver on the gameplay side of things, cause so far I haven't liked a single ND game (except Crash Team Racing).

Lets put things into perspective here.

Scarlett J looks really, really nice.

scarlett_johansson_44.jpg

These screenshots pale in comparison

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Kittonwy said:

SO AWESOME.
gladtomeetya.gif

Haven't seen them:/

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Thanks!

It looks much nicer (same build obviously but I mean it's just that much more interesting). Now that I saw the various cover poses I really can't wait for a new video. The one thing I have been anticipating the most for with next-gen games is quality animations. When I walk around I adjust my watch, if it's hot I might raise my elbow to unstuck the shirt from under my armpit or something, I sometimes scratch, pass my hand through my hair, etc. And of course people always say "Oh but it would interfere with the gameplay" but that's bull, there are ways around that, and when your whole revolves around such sets of rules it evens out.

Anyway hopefully we get some nice videos at E3:) Looks like it's the kind of game that can't really go wrong unless they don't have the release date they want.

jmd494

It's just so refreshing to not be a space marine...It seems like this game COULD be truly great. Playing as a guy who isn't an expert fighter will be a welcome change.

This is probably my most wanted PS3 game.

Justin Dailey said:
It's just so refreshing to not be a space marine...It seems like this game COULD be truly great. Playing as a guy who isn't an expert fighter will be a welcome change.

This is probably my most wanted PS3 game.

IGN: The art style is actually pretty cool. It's definitely unique. What can you tell us about its origin and your decision for going after this kind of style?

Wells: It was a very conscious decision to head in this particular direction. Looking at the landscape of next-generation games being developed it was clear that there were a gluttony of titles that featured bald, buff space marines wearing body armor and fighting aliens. Fortunately for us, we didn't have much interest in heading in that direction and we felt that we could work in a style that really excited us and stand out from the crowd at the same time.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/710/710266p3.html

jmd494

I don't mean to be a downer (seriously...read my previous post) but I truly don't see what all the fuss is about (graphics wise). I just saw the new(?) screens on **********.com. They look really horrible. I feel like I'm missing something. Maybe there is something wrong with these screens?

WOOPS...Scans removed...Didn't know they were scans b/c they were from a website.

Justin Dailey said:
I don't mean to be a downer (seriously...read my previous post) but I truly don't see what all the fuss is about (graphics wise). I just saw the new(?) screens on Play3-live.com. They look really horrible. I feel like I'm missing something. Maybe there is something wrong with these screens?

Without having read this whole thread...are these the graphics that everyone is hyping up so much?
Those have got to be scans.

Pimpwerx

I don't think those are scans or the e-mag. I think Play3Live is just the only site on the internet to have them in digital form. I think they're safe to stay. PEACE.

no those are screen caps of the e mag. They zoomed in, took shots and cropped em out.

the game isn't due until winter 07. I dunno why everyone is bitchin about the graphics and textures...

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Shapingo said:
1296977cw9.jpg

She is a realistic woman

1296976qp7.jpg

High-poly models. These are not the game's ones. I mean it's nice and all, but it's not the game's models:)

szaromir

Banned
Shapingo said:
He looks like
Sam Fisher
but younger.:D
Uncharted will probably have incredible engine. I am more worried about gameplay as Jak 2, 3 and X Racing sucked very badly. I hope Uncharted isn't going to be a jack of all trades, master of none game like Jak 2&3 were.

teiresias

szaromir said:
He looks like
Sam Fisher
but younger.:D
Uncharted will probably have incredible engine. I am more worried about gameplay as Jak 2, 3 and X Racing sucked very badly. I hope Uncharted isn't going to be a jack of all trades, master of none game like Jak 2&3 were.

Eh, I thought the actual gameplay in Jak 2 and Jak 3 was pretty stellar. Jak 2 just suffered from the horrid city layout and the bad planning in terms of how much you needed to backtrack and cross the city to get stuff done. The hoverbike controls were too wonky too until you got really good at them, and that caused major annoyances for me with all of the racing and timed missions involving the vehicles in Jak 2. Otherwise though, I think the core mechanics of both are pretty spot on.

Ether_Snake said:
High-poly models. These are not the game's ones. I mean it's nice and all, but it's not the game's models:)
How do you know? It's ND we're talking about here, just look at Heavenly Sword to see if this level of graphics is impossible to achieve.

antiloop

Metalmurphy said:
Polygon wise they really do look identical, only the textures/shaders/lightning are alot better.

I wouldn't complain if the final ingame model(s) looked like that with less AA. Wishful thinking I guess. But damn do the submarine stuff look good. :)

We want to see it In motion please.

Metalmurphy said:
Polygon wise they really do look identical, only the textures/shaders/lightning are alot better.
Well in that shot, only difference I'm seeing is in lighting conditions, not so much quality.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Doom_Bringer said:
no those are screen caps of the e mag. They zoomed in, took shots and cropped em out.

the game isn't due until winter 07. I dunno why everyone is bitchin about the graphics and textures...
Especially when there really isn't anything to bitch about. It looks fantastic!

I mean, that Halo 3 alpha footage really DID fail to impress and I can understand why there were concerns. Same deal with that TGS video for MGS4. The animation was weak (for the most part) and concern is justified. Lair was the same at one point along with many other games. Uncharted, though? No way. It's always looked great. There are a few rough edges, but they are of the variety that won't matter once the game is up and running.

MickeyKnox said:
Well in that shot, only difference I'm seeing is in lighting conditions, not so much quality.
Yeah you're right. The textures are identical as well, although i believe the hair as a bit more detailed shader work.

Its amazing how decent lightning can make such a huge difference
Its the reason why i think Forza 2 looks ugleh :S DON'T HATE ME!

Metalmurphy said:
Yeah you're right. The textures are identical as well, although i believe the hair as a bit more detailed shader work.

Its amazing how decent lightning can make such a huge difference

Its the reason why i think Forza 2 looks ugleh :S DON'T HATE ME!
Well like I said in that shot the lighting conditions are different than in the render, so some of the texture and shader detail is lost due to the level of exposure (as in the highlights and the darks like his cheek and hair) The hair shaders could be just as good as in the render from what I can see we just need to see a shot of him with different ambient lighting.

I'm so ****ing exited for this game, and I can't believe its coming out this year.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Yoboman said:
Man that submarine section looks incredible. The dedicated water team is paying off I suppose
Are you sure you're not mixing this game with Bioshock (which I know has dedicated water team or at least one person dedicated to water, something like that)

Justin Dailey said:
I don't mean to be a downer (seriously...read my previous post) but I truly don't see what all the fuss is about (graphics wise). I just saw the new(?) screens on **********.com. They look really horrible. I feel like I'm missing something. Maybe there is something wrong with these screens?
I don't know what, but something IS wrong with them. Same with screens of HS and Lair from the same downloadable issue. They definitely screwed up those screens, direct feed screens I've seen of those games don't look busted like that.

deepbrown

Marconelly said:
I don't know what, but something IS wrong with them. Same with screens of HS and Lair from the same downloadable issue. They definitely screwed up those screens, direct feed screens I've seen of those games don't look busted like that.

The quality has been reduced and then the scans have been compressed. Don't worry - 1up will provide direct media soon. You'll see :)

bud

deepbrown said:
The quality has been reduced and then the scans have been compressed. Don't worry - 1up will provide direct media soon. You'll see :)

either spill it or get banned plz

Top Bottom