• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Vision GT trailer

vgt4wm.jpg

vgt13fw.jpg

vgt22mc.jpg

vgt33pj.jpg

vg46zk.jpg

vgt61rh.jpg

Real incar view!

vgt49dx.jpg

http://ruliweb.dreamwiz.com/data/rulinews/read.htm?num=13866

I was amazed by the whole video... but the Rally section with the tents and stuff really blew me away.

After seeing what GT Team was able to do with PS2, I have absolutely no doubts these visuals will carry over in-game. The downside is the potential length of this game's development. Maybe sometime in '08?

Dante

MY GOD, PS3 is a beast, this stuff is on alpha kits and it's blowing away the other beta kit stuff :lol

Given how it ends, it looks incomplete like the MGS4 trailer. IGN or Gamespot should have the full thing up sometime i'm guessing.

TheJollyCorner said:
yup... or, at least, the idea of what GT5 will be for PS3

PolyP is still calling the trailer Vision Gran Turismo and looked to still be using PS2 engine assets, so a little early to consider this a GT5 build. But holy crap what a make up job this is. Sony really isnt fucking around are they.

hukasmokincaterpillar said:
Sony really isnt fucking around are they.

Of course not. :D For the first time in a LONG time Sony feels even an inkling of competition... and they want to squash it before it even starts. Pretty smart, IMO.

DEO3

It looks like the reason GT4 was delayed for so long was because they developed most of thier art assests at next gen quality, and then simply toned them down for GT4. Hopefully this means they'll be able to release GT5 shortly after the PS3 is released, since apparently they'll be able to just port over all the cars/tracks from GT4.

DEO3 said:
It looks like the reason GT4 was delayed for so long was because they developed most of thier art assests at next gen quality, and then simply toned them down for GT4. Hopefully this means they'll be able to release GT5 shortly after the PS3 is released, since apparently they'll be able to just port over all the cars/tracks from GT4.

good point. I didn't even consider that a possibility @_@

DEO3 said:

Yeah they did a lot of research and took tons of pictures which were surely high quality to work off from.

Forsete

Great looking car models. :D

But the tracks are still the same from GT4, guess thats why its still called Vision GT and not GT5. ;)

Gek54

I would imagine, online support, damage modeling and hopefuly a phyiscs overhaul would take some time considering all the cars.

Endymion

Forsete said:
Great looking car models. :D

But the tracks are still the same from GT4, guess thats why its still called Vision GT and not GT5. ;)

Haven't watched the trailer yet. The tracks use GT4 engine while the cars don't?

Endymion said:
Haven't watched the trailer yet. The tracks use GT4 engine while the cars don't?

It's very incomplete, it seems like the only finished GT5 car models they have are the Mazda and Evo, the others look like GT4's. There are some remade tracks and others are GT4.

ourumov

Not very excited...I expect a lot more from PD...I am sure this is more of a "look at the concept" than "look at the graphics" which is good but well...

Ryudo

My opinion? USED.
Man thats good. I think we all know it will look much better in the end as well. Wow, just wow.

Endymion

SolidSnakex said:
It's very incomplete, it seems like the only finished GT5 car models they have are the Mazda and Evo, the others look like GT4's. There are some remade tracks and others are GT4.

Thank you :)

xexex

Banned
Vision GT is not a PS3 game is it, it's just a tech demo like GT2000 in 1999, right?

GT5 will be beyond Vision GT, especially in the tracks/backgrounds, I certainly fucking hope so. the car models looks sweet... though I really cannot wait to see what PS3 can do for the tracks.

Zaptruder

Banned
Man, that HDR is making this look so shit hot!

Many cars, in cockpit view, damage modelling on top of been GT...

Awesome. Sony totally wins next gen.

Endymion

Watched the trailer. Tracks look exactly like the ones in GT4. The only differences I can spot is in the number of cars and better lighting effects in general.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
This is starting to get crazy now. You can tell that only two cars are PS3 level. Sony is putting all the stops out early. The color of the cars already surpass PGR3. That's one of the bad things people tend to say about that game. The color of the cars seem abit off. And the funny thing is they aren't even close to finishing the game while the other guys are a few months away. :lol

kevm3

Maybe it's just me, but the animation has pushed immersiveness to another level. When those guys in the crowd (cockpit guys?) were waving, it looked natural. Honestly, GT isn't really my cup of tea, but I always love looking at the graphics. Damn, those are some round cars!

J2 Cool

What the fuck is up with the clip between seconds 00:35-00:37? Somebody slipped in real car footage. I swear :lol

J2 Cool said:
What the fuck is up with the clip between seconds 00:35-00:37? Somebody slipped in real car footage. I swear :lol

Are you talking about the first time we see the newly modeled Evo on a course? I'm glad I wasn't the only one that thought that was real.

eso76 said:
i really, really doubt the mazda and the evo are what car models will look like in gt5.

You can see those same cars on the tracks at the beginning and end of the vids. This is Polyphony afterall. Masters of car modeling and most of all realistic lighting.

eso76 said:
i really, really doubt the mazda and the evo are what car models will look like in gt5.

??? The Mazda morphs onto a race track, I reckon those two are their targets for GT5, and the rest are just tarted up GT4 cars.

edit - Both have clear windows and animated drivers, definitely GT5 cars.
trampoline7xt.gif

eso76

yeah, but the closeups of the cars are renders and probably so are all sequences involving them.
There's not one tiny poly edge in sight, hyper high res reflections, no pixellization at all...i don't buy it, those models are subpatched and those reflections are too accurate.

Top Bottom