• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Watch Dogs 2 patch teases possible location for the sequel

hydruxo

http://kotaku.com/a-new-patch-tweaked-watch-dogs-2s-ending-and-fans-are-1792353688

Ending spoilers at the link, but the patch added a brief cutscene at the end with a conversation between two unspecified people:

Man 1: How much of this is hyperbole? Has it really gone global?

Man 2: There are new Dedsec cells popping up everywhere. The Middle East, South America, Europe. And not just them. We can't even keep up with all the new hacktivist groups.

Man 1: Alright. Make the call.

Man 2: You Sure?

Man 1: Do it.

tvzbb6tcmauuxb7l9y3g.png

Atop their conversation are coordinates that, when punched into Google Maps, lead to the Brixton area of London.

I thought this was pretty cool, hack me if old

I guess they weren't too sure if they would be getting a sequel but the sale numbers came back high enough to get a green light so they added a tease. It's neat, I wouldn't mind playing in a modern day version of London, make me feel like I'm playing an episode of Black Mirror lol.

Cardon

Nice location if true. Though, I just hope Marcus makes a cameo since I really digged his character and overall performance.

Certinty

London would be amazing!

But giving the coordinates for Brixton is pretty funny, especially given the type of area it is.

I guess I mean it feels too early to tease it. I can see Ubisoft switching off Assassin's Creed and Watch Dogs every year.

If it's 2018, then they can tease it now to get people talking about it, reveal it at E3 this year with a release date for sometime next year. That'd be about 12-18+ months of dev time on it.

London would be a really great setup for a sequel. It's every bit as techy & mockable as San Fran, with its' own set of fun cultural idiosyncrasies. Setting it outside the US might even give them a good excuse for taking guns out of the core gameplay loop.

At the same time, a Watch_Dogs_3 might not hit until 2018 - assuming Ubisoft just now confirmed the sequel. Developing this as the target city goes through the impact and upheaval of Brexit might result in a product that feels dated as soon as it releases.

ClarkZuckerberg

Neo Member
Hopefully it is more like the first game.

Agreed. Not sure what it was about the sequel but I didn't like it as much as the first. The ability to fast travel anywhere from the get go was a terrible idea. It's more of a ME problem, but if I'm able to fast travel instead of drive for 5 minutes across map I'm going to do it.

BigEmil

Day 1 if set in UK. Hope the main character is like James Bond or something doesn't have to be chavvy character if going by Watch Dogs 2 they may go for

dcx4610

Loved Watch Dogs 2 except for all but one crucial moment (Anyone that has played knows). I'm definitely down for a sequel or DLC in a new location.

Compsiox

Banned
If it's 2018, then they can tease it now to get people talking about it, reveal it at E3 this year with a release date for sometime next year. That'd be about 12-18+ months of dev time on it.

They'd only have like a total 2 years or less to develop a sequel. That's not enough time for an innovative sequel to an open world game.

Ashtar

We need Marcus and the dedsec crew in London but expand the clique
Game completely playable lone wolf or 4 player coop for maximum destruction bring back digital trips but make them coop as well would be sweet.
I can only imagine the huge missions you could do I'm thinking Italian job or fast and the furious level heist taking place over the whole city

Just curious: is this common sentiment? I found the characters just okay and at times annoying.

I wouldn't miss any of them in the least.
I've no idea, I think it's pretty evenly split. But Watch_Dogs 2 is one of my games of 2016 and one of my favorite games in general. A lot of it just really meshed with me, the characters especially. So I'd be pretty upset if they left that behind.

Maledict

London would be amazing!

But giving the coordinates for Brixton is pretty funny, especially given the type of area it is.

It's full of web designers, graphic artists and creative types. Brixton gentrified over the last decade. Seems perfect for a clash between old and new with a tech background.

I've no idea, I think it's pretty evenly split. But Watch_Dogs 2 is one of my games of 2016 and one of my favorite games in general. A lot of it just really meshed with me, the characters especially. So I'd be pretty upset if they left that behind.

Oh, that's cool. Fair enough. In many ways, the light hearted tone didn't work for me and just made me not care about what was happening. Likewise, the characters came across as kind of annoying. But I can see how it went the other way for other people.

They'd only have like a total 2 years or less to develop a sequel. That's not enough time for an innovative sequel to an open world game.

Watch_Dogs 2 is good enough that I wouldn't mind a slightly more iterative sequel. Improve the script, cut the crappy forced bits of gunplay, and I'd gladly dive back in before too long.

Not gonna front, London would be cool. I thought The Getaway was such a good game when I was a kid. I remember being enthralled by the story. I wanna play that game again.

Icekeep9

I'm all in for London especially with the surveillance state they got there with cameras everywhere. I hope the game has less, try to get to the top of this building, quest designs. I thought that got old quick. I really like the story in Watch Dogs 2 and the characters. I think they could find a new crew for London.

Top Bottom