• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Watch_Dogs Trailer - Releasing November 19th, 2013 [Up2: Special Editions Info]

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Still really not sure about this. The game looks great in art and technology (though I honestly believe Sleeping Dogs PC is nipping at its heels), and I can dig an open world cyberpunk shooter. But I'm also very wary of Assassin's Creed-like game design, wherein the game is obnoxious bloated with repetitious simplistic quests, binary stat grinding, and a multitude of extra interactive content that ultimately all serve no purpose other than to pad the game with "content", none of which integrated deeply into the overall game design. Like, one big sandbox of crap to do, bloated components that really feel totally compartmentalised and separate from everything else.

Prove me wrong, Ubi. The idea is great, so my fingers are crossed that it delivers.

Spot on. The AC-like vibes this game gives off really scare me off a day 1 purchase. I'll have to wait for forum impressions.

Reiko

Banned
The biggest difference will probably be draw distance of objects that will be heavily compromised on the current-gen console version.
Missing effects such as wind blowing objects around or more elaborate cloth physics.
Resolution, AA and other stuff.

If you judge by screenshots: I think look at AC3 on PS3 vs. AC3 on a good PC and that's how much of a difference it will be.
The dynamic stuff will not be visible but that's the real differentiator.

For me that's not a night and day difference, but still good.

PS3/360 will be more cinematic.

Still really not sure about this. The game looks great in art and technology (though I honestly believe Sleeping Dogs PC is nipping at its heels), and I can dig an open world cyberpunk shooter. But I'm also very wary of Assassin's Creed-like game design, wherein the game is obnoxious bloated with repetitious simplistic quests, binary stat grinding, and a multitude of extra interactive content that ultimately all serve no purpose other than to pad the game with "content", none of which integrated deeply into the overall game design. Like, one big sandbox of crap to do, bloated components that really feel totally compartmentalised and separate from everything else.

Prove me wrong, Ubi. The idea is great, so my fingers are crossed that it delivers.

yea good point. Far Cry 3 is the only good open world Ubisoft have developed.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Ok. This is officially Person of Interest: The Game now.

tumblr_m0g22qGA2x1qzxkzb.gif

Can't wait.

I am okay with this.

We’re also happy to announce that Watch_Dogs now has an official launch date — the game will be available on PS3 starting November 19th. (We’ll be back to talk about the PS4 version and its release timing at a later date.) In addition, those of you who pre-order at GameStop will also get an exclusive Watch_Dogs poster, designed by the legendary comic book artist Alex Ross. The poster’s design is the inspiration behind the game’s box art and captures the essence of our hero, Aiden Pearce.

That’s the last of our announcements for now, but you can look forward to even more exciting info soon. Until then, you might want to watch the new trailer one more time… there are a lot of intricacies you may have missed.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/04/29/watch-dogs-on-ps3-november-19-out-of-control-trailer/

The_Monk

The biggest difference will probably be draw distance of objects that will be heavily compromised on the current-gen console version.
Missing effects such as wind blowing objects around or more elaborate cloth physics.
Resolution, AA and other stuff.

If you judge by screenshots: I think look at AC3 on PS3 vs. AC3 on a good PC and that's how much of a difference it will be.
The dynamic stuff will not be visible but that's the real differentiator that makes it "next-gen" compared to AC3 on PC.

For me that's not a night and day difference, but still good.

I will go try to search AC3 to see those differences, thanks fellow GAFfer.

I think linear-corridor games you'll notice a significant early difference, whereas open-world stuff like Watch Dogs will be more about little details and improved technical performance.

Thanks for answering. Little details here and there can make a good diference but only if the Story is on par with them. If the game delivers then I can see the PS4 version getting chosen over the PS3 (in case of those not wanting/can't afford to buy a PS4 day one, I mean).

lantus

I just don't hope we run into the same problem we had with the first Assassins Creed. Hope the world is really fleshed out and has a lot of moments for emergent gameplay like Red Dead Redemption.

Hate the way the trailer was shot, constantly changing the screen, awful transitions, flashing, that always over done graphical glitch stutter (max payne 3 style, battlefield 3 menu etc). Its like they want people to get seizures.

Like the concept though just hope they dont make the game like the trailer otherwise it would be unplayable and a shame because otherwise looks nice.

Alienous

We’re also happy to announce that Watch_Dogs now has an official launch date — the game will be available on PS3 starting November 19th. (We’ll be back to talk about the PS4 version and its release timing at a later date.) In addition, those of you who pre-order at GameStop will also get an exclusive Watch_Dogs poster, designed by the legendary comic book artist Alex Ross. The poster’s design is the inspiration behind the game’s box art and captures the essence of our hero, Aiden Pearce.

That’s the last of our announcements for now, but you can look forward to even more exciting info soon. Until then, you might want to watch the new trailer one more time… there are a lot of intricacies you may have missed.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/04/29/watch-dogs-on-ps3-november-19-out-of-control-trailer/

So that's why they got Todd to draw the AC4 poster? I suppose Watch Dogs is their big dog this year.

AHA-Lambda

This, this, this! It still looks like AC in another wrapper to me, hope I am proven wrong though.

NotLiquid

Pre-ordered for Wii U.

Not sure if I want to change to the Dedsec Edition or Vigilante Edition though. I like the physical items of the latter more but I love art books and maps.

I wonder if the official release date is any indicator as to when the PS4 comes out.

This is not hyperbole.

ONE OF THE BEST SHOWS ON TELEVISION

Likeable leads, badass action, hot brunettes, conspiracies, paranoia, corruption, surveillance, vigilantes, the precursor to pre-crime, great villains, great overarching twisty plots, it's awesome.

Sweet, might buy the first season then. Always had a great fondness for Caviezel after Frequency, The Thin Red Line and The Passion of the Christ, but playing Jesus just seemed to kill off his career. Glad to see he's making a comeback of sorts with this successful show that I'd never known about if it wasn't for repeated mentions of it in Watch Dogs threads.

Raide

I love the idea and I hope it is way more complex that the shoot-bang and drive footage we have seen so far. The hacking stuff sounds awesome, I just hope its not a rare thing. Come on Ubi!

AHA-Lambda

This is not hyperbole.

ONE OF THE BEST SHOWS ON TELEVISION

Likeable leads, badass action, hot brunettes, conspiracies, paranoia, corruption, surveillance, vigilantes, the precursor to pre-crime, great villains, great overarching twisty plots, it's awesome.

Wow, why haven't I heard of this shoe before? Will watch, thanks ^_^

Persona86

Banned
Pre-ordered for Wii U.

Not sure if I want to change to the Dedsec Edition or Vigilante Edition though. I like the physical items of the latter more but I love art books and maps.

Yeah I was disappointed that the cap doesn't come with the Dedsec Edition, they should make an Ultimate edition with everything!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
yea good point. Far Cry 3 is the only good open world Ubisoft have developed.

To be perfectly honest, I had this issue somewhat with Far Cry 3 as well. Though I guess I'd say with that was more to do with how the content was specifically designed and woven into the main game, rather than the absence of such weaving. TLDR: I wasn't fond of Far Cry 3.

Ubisoft hasn't made an open world game I've been really engaged and surprised with since Far Cry 2. Just not fond of the way their many teams have designed them, so far anywho.

I'm definitely going to give them the benefit of the doubt with Watch_Dogs until I play though. I intend to pick it up, and hopefully enjoy it. But yeah, definitely get a bit of an Assassin's Creed vibe, and that's pretty bloody concerning for me.

dummydecoy

Blocked youtube at work so can't watch the new trailer, but does it look like a current gen game now? Initial reveal is just too next gen.

Also, I bet this game ends with a shitty cliffhanger ala Ass Creed and becomes a yearly franchise. Fucking Ubisoft.

EDIT:
If PS4/next gen version is confirmed, I'm curious how that will affect sales of the current gen versions.

Got my PS4 version preordered.

I don't see any correlation to AC other than they're both made by Ubisoft and both are open world games. Guilty by association?

Tamanon

Banned
Got my PS4 version preordered.

I don't see any correlation to AC other than they're both made by Ubisoft and both are open world games. Guilty by association?

Maybe the computerized UI elements, but yeah, looks like a completely different type of game. I mean, there doesn't seem to be traversal, which is a pretty central part of Assassin's Creed.

Top Bottom