• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Watch_Dogs Trailer - Releasing November 19th, 2013 [Up2: Special Editions Info]

I'm honestly super surprised by the response to this trailer. It features almost nothing of what had made the game seem interesting to beging with.

Also all the action on display looks average current gen quality at best. Some cool kill animations but whatever.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I am tempted to pre-order the Vigilante edition for Wii U. But the UBI site redirects me to the German version. I like my games in English, will I be able to switch the game language to English or it will be German only?

jett

D-Member
Still really not sure about this. The game looks great in art and technology (though I honestly believe Sleeping Dogs PC is nipping at its heels), and I can dig an open world cyberpunk shooter. But I'm also very wary of Assassin's Creed-like game design, wherein the game is obnoxious bloated with repetitious simplistic quests, binary stat grinding, and a multitude of extra interactive content that ultimately all serve no purpose other than to pad the game with "content", none of which integrated deeply into the overall game design. Like, one big sandbox of crap to do, bloated components that really feel totally compartmentalised and separate from everything else.

Prove me wrong, Ubi. The idea is great, so my fingers are crossed that it delivers.

tumblr_lhan8unwmu1qzbl7f.gif

AHA-Lambda

I'm honestly super surprised by the response to this trailer. It features almost nothing of what had made the game seem interesting to beging with.

Also all the action on display looks average current gen quality at best. Some cool kill animations but whatever.

Yep, I remember after the reveal the disappointment some had once the reveal went down into the shooting. Now we get a trailer full of explosions.

Still really not sure about this. The game looks great in art and technology (though I honestly believe Sleeping Dogs PC is nipping at its heels), and I can dig an open world cyberpunk shooter. But I'm also very wary of Assassin's Creed-like game design, wherein the game is obnoxious bloated with repetitious simplistic quests, binary stat grinding, and a multitude of extra interactive content that ultimately all serve no purpose other than to pad the game with "content", none of which integrated deeply into the overall game design. Like, one big sandbox of crap to do, bloated components that really feel totally compartmentalised and separate from everything else.

Prove me wrong, Ubi. The idea is great, so my fingers are crossed that it delivers.

*sigh* that's what I'm worried about. It's one of the things that make me hate Assassin's Creed so much that I stopped playing after AC2.

Is it me or is there a significant drop off in terms of visuals from what we first saw at E3 last year? It really looks closer to last gen in many aspects than the games we've seen for next gen.

Its a trailer though, thats what they do.

Trailers don't necessarily have to emphasize on shootbang, but I know what you're saying.

So do you think they removed a lot of the cTOS elements? Of course not. The original gameplay reveal was mostly action.

Yeah, but people's responses were mostly positive because of the cool ctOS integration. This trailer had very minimal of that. And no I don't think they removed anything.

RetroStu

Banned
Is it me or is there a significant drop off in terms of visuals from what we first saw at E3 last year? It really looks closer to last gen in many aspects than the games we've seen for next gen.

It looks a lot worse than that video when he walks outside in the rain from last year but the trailer is just full of fast cuts and shit so its not easy to tell, i'm sure it will look just as good as last year, i see know reason why it would need to be downgraded unless current gen consoles are holding it back.

Hindle

Banned
How will they implement controlling the city into the gameplay I wonder? Controlling cameras, traffic lights, phones. It just gives off signs of repetition IMO.

I'm being overtly negative I know but this is the publisher that released AC 1, 3 and POP. All games that looked and sounded awesome until I actually played them, then I realised how shallow they were.

prag16

Banned
I certainly hope it is nothing like AC as I found that game extremely boring and quit after a few hours.

This was my problem in both the original AC, and AC3. I didn't intend to play another AC game after the first one, but AC3 pulled me back in with the setting.

Game is still boring unfortunately.

I've said this somewhere else, but I'll say it again.

Fucking terrible trailer. It's like the big publishers are scared to show any hacking stuff. "Yeah there's hacking, but don't be scared away! We still have shooting, punching dudes, gruff voices, driving like in every other open world action game!"

Purposely showing your game to be generic in trailers, when most people are interested in how this isn't. Oh well, I'm not the big publishers' target demographic.

its because we've been spoiled by the stuff at Sony's event in February. E3 last year seems like a long time ago now. But it seems the visuals are the same as what we've seen before from this game.

dex3108

This trailer is released today because they wanted to create some buzz before Rockstar and GTA V trailers. And it is mad to attract GTA gamers who like pure action.

RetroStu

Banned
How will they implement controlling the city into the gameplay I wonder? Controlling cameras, traffic lights, phones. It just gives off signs of repetition IMO.

It sounds complicated to me, i just hope its not complicated to do in the game but i suppose it won't be as i'm sure there will be circumstances where you need to do something fast like if you're under fire or something.

Fucking terrible trailer. It's like the big publishers are scared to show any hacking stuff. "Yeah there's hacking, but don't be scared away! We still have shooting, punching dudes, gruff voices, driving like in every other open world action game!"

Purposely showing your game to be generic in trailers, when most people are interested in how this isn't. Oh well, I'm not the big publishers' target demographic.

its not like a tv spot or anything. its a trailer for gamers, most of whom probably already know about the hacking stuff.

RetroStu

Banned

Harsh, there is nothing wrong with people liking stuff like that, enough with the snobbery stuff please.

my god all that pre-order stuff is despicable. how is someone supposed to get all that without buying the game from multiple sources?

and fucking lol at the "3 exclusive badges!" and "augmented reality cards." hahaha

RPGCrazied

Have they showed off the PS3 version at all? I have a feeling its not going to run or look all that good. Not as good as what you saw at E3 anyway. Expect tons of tearing.

Bullza2o

This is like the only western third party game I'm interested in for the rest of the year. I'll definitely pick up the Wii U version if it goes on sale for Black Friday.

Can't wait to see the first Wii U Screens...I bet it will look not nearly as good as the trailer...but deep down in my heart I hope I'm wrong.

RetroStu

Banned
Have they showed off the PS3 version at all? I have a feeling its not going to run or look all that good. Not as good as what you saw at E3 anyway. Expect tons of tearing.

I would guess that the PS4 version is further back in development and thats why so i hope you're wrong, i mean the game looks good for an open world game but its not exactly a huge jump up from something like GTA 5 and i did kind of expect better (i still think the game looks great though).

Top Bottom