• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Wii Game Announcement Coming (if it isn't NiGHTS, ONM gets banned)

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
I mean, come on, why would Sega of Japan reveal NiGHTS in a ****ing Euro Nintendo magazine.

They would most likely have their own unveiling.

sp0rsk said:
I mean, come on, why would Sega of Japan reveal NiGHTS in a ****ing Euro Nintendo magazine.

They would most likely have their own unveiling.
The story will break a week before, they'll claim "WELL WE PLAYED AM MOST IT EXCLUSIVE BE!" even though it being announced before means people know.

hhhm that sounds oddly familiar

Linkup

No one really knows if it is Nights or even a wii game. It could be nothing more than an old game returning to VC.

ethelred

Segata Sanshiro said:
Fair warning to ONM, if this turns out not to be Nights after this, I'm going to boil alive everyone you love, right in front of you, while singing jaunty Cindy Lauper tunes.

That says it all. If they're ****ing with me on this one, I'll make them pay.

If someone from ONM is reading this board and knows that this is an April Fools joke or a bait-and-switch for a first look at Cosmic Family or something, just come out and say it now. Because if you let anticipation build for another month and this ends up not being NiGHTS-related, I swear to all things holy you will be letterbombed. Maybe not by me, maybe not by any of these posters you see here. But some dude who got super-stoked for this will read about how in the next issue you brush it off as "Oh we never said anything about NiGHTS lol" and he will send an explosive device to your doorstep. You will all die.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
BrodiemanTTR said:
If someone from ONM is reading this board and knows that this is an April Fools joke or a bait-and-switch for a first look at Cosmic Family or something, just come out and say it now. Because if you let anticipation build for another month and this ends up not being NiGHTS-related, I swear to all things holy you will be letterbombed. Maybe not by me, maybe not by any of these posters you see here. But some dude who got super-stoked for this will read about how in the next issue you brush it off as "Oh we never said anything about NiGHTS lol" and he will send an explosive device to your doorstep. You will all die.

This should be directed to Twilight Rockstar, who posted earlier in the thread.

JDSN

Banned
BrodiemanTTR said:

Twilight Rockstar is the damage control guy of ONM.

He also does some writing, i think.

Get ready for ONM to **** with you again. They are notorious for this.

They're getting quite good at getting people to buy their magazine via promises they never deliver on.

ethelred

PepsimanVsJoe said:

http://images.google.com/images?hl=...gle+Search&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&um=1&sa=N&tab=wi

People if you want to play Nights so bad all you have to do is buy a Saturn.

I have a Saturn. And I have played NiGHTS! That being said, I'd still like to see a new one, because the game was just that awesome. And it's one of those things I think would work perfectly with the controller.

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Hell even if you don't want to play Nights buy a Saturn anyway. :)

I thoroughly endorse this idea. Everyone should buy a Saturn and realize what a fantastic system it was.

MrPing1000 said:
Get ready for ONM to **** with you again. They are notorious for this.

They're getting quite good at getting people to buy their magazine via promises they never deliver on.

Maybe, but I really think they should reconsider if this is the case. If they're just ****ing around here, they will not survive this. I don't think they realize the giant they've awoken.

keanerie

As a guy who never played NiGHTS, I've always wondered what made the game so revered. Somebody explain to be what was so amazing about this game.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
B.K. said:
So you just fly around each level over and over? Looks boring.

Its kinda of like Tetris. You play it less for the high score and more for the entertainment and experience. Its just plain fun, which seems to be a rarer and rarer occurence in gaming these days.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Linkup said:
No one really knows if it is Nights or even a wii game. It could be nothing more than an old game returning to VC.
Saturn games would be too large to be feasible on the VC, I'd think.

AniHawk

the last level in NiGHTS, even in 2004 (when I first played it) with all that newfangled gadgetry and approaching nextgen, was one of the most awesome levels ever. Seeing Elliot fall and then fly back up with the NiGHTS theme was one of the best moments in gaming ever. EVER. Totally awesome.

I don't think Sega can pull something so perfect off again... But I'd gladly take a full remake of the first unless they really know what to do with a sequel. Monkey Ball and Sonic were good, but Monkey Ball is a second-tier franchise for Sega, and Sonic takes a while to get used to. You can't just **** around with NiGHTS. Either do it right or don't do it at all.

loljb3.jpg

qcf x2

keanerie said:
As a guy who never played NiGHTS, I've always wondered what made the game so revered. Somebody explain to be what was so amazing about this game.

Everything, homey. It's like the perfect movie. Artistically bold and unique, taking a theme and doing it so well that you will forever remember the experience. The controls were great, the music was phenomenal, and the gameplay was almost perfect. Easy enough for beginners to grasp, but with depth for the hardcore that put in time to master the system. You didn't need to read a book to know how to play the game. You can just pick up the controller and fly around if you want. But then you won't be getting a top grade. Even as you become self conscious about the score, you'll never find yourself wanting to throw the controller against the wall. I can't say that for too many games at all.

It didn't need guns or gore or anything like that. In fact the game is for the most part happy and upbeat. That's part of what makes it so fun. I used to come home from a long day at school, grab some juice and play NiGHTS. And all was right with the world for the 1/2 hour or so that I'd play.

If you ever wished that you could fly (and who hasn't), you would enjoy the game.

That said, if Sega does a sequel/remake, they better make it multiplatform. If it's a VC release, cool, but hopefully they'd put it on XBLA and PSN as well.

The whole world needs to be able to play it, not just Wii owners!

vasuba

Banned
qcf x2 said:
Everything, homey. It's like the perfect movie. Artistically bold and unique, taking a theme and doing it so well that you will forever remember the experience. The controls were great, the music was phenomenal, and the gameplay was almost perfect. Easy enough for beginners to grasp, but with depth for the hardcore that put in time to master the system. You didn't need to read a book to know how to play the game. You can just pick up the controller and fly around if you want. But then you won't be getting a top grade. Even as you become self conscious about the score, you'll never find yourself wanting to throw the controller against the wall. I can't say that for too many games at all.

It didn't need guns or gore or anything like that. In fact the game is for the most part happy and upbeat. That's part of what makes it so fun. I used to come home from a long day at school, grab some juice and play NiGHTS. And all was right with the world for the 1/2 hour or so that I'd play.

If you ever wished that you could fly (and who hasn't), you would enjoy the game.

That said, if Sega does a sequel/remake, they better make it multiplatform. If it's a VC release, cool, but hopefully they'd put it on XBLA and PSN as well.

The whole world needs to be able to play it, not just Wii owners!

Didnt you get the Memo. The Future is the wii for the world. :p

ethelred

qcf x2 said:
Not for us steadfast graphics whores. :)

The next five years are going to be kinda rough for you.

You like graphics, great; there's nothing wrong with that. But sitting around with the hope or expectation that there be no Wii exclusives isn't going to get you anywhere (especially given the rate the system's selling worldwide). There will be exclusives -- really, really high profile ones. It may not be NiGHTS. May be something else. But saying "Whatever it is, it's gotta have a superior version for 360/PS3" isn't going to get you anywhere.

Jammy said:
RE: Umbrella Chronicles, I believe.

Are you sure? There wouldn't have been nearly as much outrage for RE:UC I don't think... It's still an RE game, albeit a spinoff.

I seem to recall that everyone thought it would be RE, but it ended up being BWii, which we already knew about anyway. If it wasn't, then what was the teaser that ended up being BWii?

vasuba

Banned
miguel_c_hammer said:
Are you sure? There wouldn't have been nearly as much outrage for RE:UC I don't think... It's still an RE game, albeit a spinoff.

I seem to recall that everyone thought it would be RE, but it ended up being BWii, which we already knew about anyway. If it wasn't, then what was the teaser that ended up being BWii?

It was about RE but the story went apparently they were told they couldnt reveal the title at that time anymore so they kinda got screwed hyping an obvious RE that didnt appear in the next issue

ethelred said:
The next five years are going to be kinda rough for you.

You like graphics, great; there's nothing wrong with that. But sitting around with the hope or expectation that there be no Wii exclusives isn't going to get you anywhere (especially given the rate the system's selling worldwide). There will be exclusives -- really, really high profile ones. It may not be NiGHTS. May be something else. But saying "Whatever it is, it's gotta have a superior version for 360/PS3" isn't going to get you anywhere.

"Yeah that's nice but man I'd really love to see this on the superior 360/PS3" is already getting kinda old.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
miguel_c_hammer said:

The BWii teaser was just a giant bomb hyping it up to be something huge. Guesses from Bomberman to ironically Nights was predicted....but instead it was Battalion Wars which had already been announce.

dsc00961qp2fw9.jpg

Thanks to Adolson for the (small) picture! Exclusive story, picture is a hint, and it’s a Wii game. Once again we are looking at a starry sky. Are ONM and NGamer going to be announcing the same exclusive?!

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
I still hope its somehow StarTropics even though the picture looks like NiGHTS. NiGHTS would be cool but not as awesome as StarTropics.

AniHawk

AlternativeUlster said:
I still hope its somehow StarTropics even though the picture looks like NiGHTS. NiGHTS would be cool but not as awesome as StarTropics.

I agree ONLY because 2007's Sega would be developing NiGHTS and not 1996's Sega.

I'm not even kidding ONM. You guys are deliberately teasing NiGHTS here, and if you don't have something even slightly related to NiGHTS, I'm going to be so ****ing pissed you'll hear my bitching in your ear sixty years from now.

The only way out is if it's an April Fool. I won't be happy, but according to ancient tradition, I cannot hold it against you if it's an April Fool.

ethelred

Segata Sanshiro said:
I'm not even kidding ONM. You guys are deliberately teasing NiGHTS here, and if you don't have something even slightly related to NiGHTS, I'm going to be so ****ing pissed you'll hear my bitching in your ear sixty years from now.

I'm going to keep posting my agreement each time you say this, because it bears such strenuous reiteration. You just don't **** around with NiGHTS. The implication is clear, and if they don't follow through, there'll be trouble.

Segata Sanshiro said:
The only way out is if it's an April Fool. I won't be happy, but according to ancient tradition, I cannot hold it against you if it's an April Fool.

Nope, there are no outs. ONM better deliver.

Top Bottom