• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Wii Game Announcement Coming (if it isn't NiGHTS, ONM gets banned)

Saoh

New Wii Game Announcement Coming (if it isn't NiGHTS, ONM gets banned)

clintonswalk.jpg

Zoramon089 said:
Yeah, watch them announce Mario Galaxy for the Wii. Oh wait, it already has been announced and revealed a WHILE ago. They wouldn't hint at something we already know about. If they were talking about Galaxy, why would they use a picture of Mario?

Last month, NGamer said they were previewing Mario Galaxy (which they didn't, and I think apologised for) but when the previewed it, they did so with a picture of Mario. They also have Galaxy down to be in the next issue at the bottom of that preview for the next issue.

dog$ said:
I wouldn't be so sure. If they can figure out how to put SS games on GameTap, I don't see how VC support wouldn't happen.

The SS games on GameTap are the PC ports Sega did back in the day, though. They aren't really Saturn games running on PC or anything.

I'm going to just come out and say that unless Sega's finally worked on the problem themselves in a meaningful way, I don't think the Wii has the power under the hood to emulate Saturn to the extent needed for a retail product.

I would love to eat those words though.

Copyright infringement may occur when a copyrighted work is copied by another without the copyright owner's permission. Copying does not need to be a direct word-for-word copy of the work. It can also occur when the author of the allegedly infringing work had access to the copyrighted original, and the allegedly infringing work is substantially similar to the original. Once copyright infringement is established, the owner of the copyrighted work can obtain an injunction against the infringer to prevent further copying and also obtain damages to compensate him or her for the copying.

United States copyright law has long recognized that some copyright infringement acts are defensible as fair use. That is, under certain circumstances, copyright infringement is permitted without liability. The scope and limits of the fair-use doctrine have been codified in section 107 of the U.S. Copyright Act. This section does not directly define fair use; instead, it lists four factors to be considered in making the determination of whether copying the work is fair. These four factors are:

*The purpose and character of the use.
*The nature of the copyrighted work.
*The amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole.
*The effect of the use upon the potential market or value of the copyrighted work.

:lol

Ikael

If <hinted game> = Nights / Earthbound / Startropics THEN GOTO line AWESOME
If <hinted game> = Starfox THEN GOTO line MEH
If <hinted game> = Nights for the virtual console / equally lame thing THEN GOTO line KILL THEM WITH FIRE

Defuser said:
I don't think it's nights.Do Sega ever revived any francises at all?

Well, NiGHTS did cameo on that Eyetoy PS2 Sega Heroes game or whatever it was called. Plus they remade stuff like Golden Axe in 3D on PS2 recently.

Ikael said:
If <hinted game> = Nights / Earthbound / Startropics THEN GOTO line AWESOME
If <hinted game> = Starfox THEN GOTO line MEH
If <hinted game> = Nights for the virtual console / equally lame thing THEN GOTO line KILL THEM WITH FIRE

Yes BUT... what if the Starfox game is actually good like the first two? Hm? Hm? Not that I'm implying that I think it will be (Starfox has went down the road of Sonic the Hedgehog where new, lame characters and the failure to understand what makes Starfox WORK is prevalent) but miracles have happened.

There's something wrong with the title. If it IS NiGHTS, they're fine. And that's good. But what if it is NiGHTS for Virtual Console? Hmmm? How about... if that, the entirety of Future gets banned. AND YOU DON'T WANT TO GET EDGE BANNED, DO YOU?!

Crisis

Banned
You know, I've seen that teaser image going on two days now, and until I saw this thread, I didn't put two and two together and realize that this was ONM. The same ONM that pulled the Batallion Wars shit. The same ONM that pulled the Resident Evil shit. That teaser image LOOKS like a NiGHTS game, and once again ONM is hyping up a "big exclusive" within their magazine. Twilight Rockstar is on here doing preemptive damage control, strangely enough. I haven't said anything about this yet because it's seemed pointless since everybody knows about their bullshit already, but I'm hoping that Twilight Rockstar reads this:

Your "magazine" should be banned from GAF already. It's some kind of unholy heathen god miracle that it hasn't been astericked out by now. Frankly, I don't care if it IS NiGHTS at this point. Your magazine is using the shadiest of the shady techniques of getting people to buy it, no matter what the cost to your reputation is. In fact, with the other huge letdowns, I'm not an expert, but I'd say that there's some pretty decent cases for false advertising claims. Even if I'm just being silly with thinking that could happen, you should be embarassed by these things happening. I find it ironic that the GAF terms of service don't allow me to post scans of your magazine. It's not like it was worth anything to begin with.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
Defuser said:
I don't think it's nights.Do Sega ever revived any francises at all?

In recent memory, they've revived Altered Beast, Golden Axe, After Burner, OutRun, and probably others that are escaping me at the moment.

I just hope there are enough original NiGHTS staff left at Sega to make it worthwhile.

Zenith

Banned
Also remember when ONM claimed it would have new Zelda:TP shots, and when asked to explain why they were old ones they said that because they'd never been printed in ONM before they were "new".

boyshine

Twilight Rockstar said:
AND. . . to piss you all off just a little bit, it's no longer a big feature. You'll understand why in due course.

I personally think the stars thing is quite a cool little teaser.
THESE PRETZELS ARE MAKING ME THIRSTY!
angry.gif

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I dunno, if I'm claiming "WORLD EXCLUSIVE" and then "it's this smaller little bit in the magazine," I'd feel a little conflicted.

If SEGA gave this magazine the story, I can't see why they'd pull it back like this. But...I don't work in publishing, so whatever.

It's probably Electric Boogaloo 3.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
haha Twilight Rockstar is already backpeddling

nothing to see here, just the most pathetic and worthless magazine trying to pull another stunt.

Rocksteady33

Aokage said:
In recent memory, they've revived Altered Beast, Golden Axe, After Burner, OutRun, and probably others that are escaping me at the moment.

I just hope there are enough original NiGHTS staff left at Sega to make it worthwhile.

Toe Jam and Earl, Panzer, Alien Syndrome, and Shinobi.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
MasterMFauli said:
What is Startropics? Sounds like a lame shooter like Parodius/Graduis. :-/
GET
OUT
of this
THREAD
please
!

Geez.

Ugh, Twilight Rockstar. "Not a big feature?"

This either means:

1.) Nintendo's stock thingy will end, they'll announce some shit.
2.) ONM being its usual self.

MasterMFauli said:
What is Startropics? Sounds like a lame shooter like Parodius/Graduis. :-/

Startropics is the NES version of NIGHTS - pure awesome and fun in a little cartridge of joy.

BrandNew said:

This either means:

Or 3) Another even BIGGER game will be announced in a multipage feature, which by its awesomeness reduces the NIGHTS announcement to a mere sidenote.

JDSN

Banned
BrandNew said:

This either means:

Or maybe it means someone wil steal the exclusive.

Firestorm

Well, to add fuel to the fire, this was one of the interview answers from the Alien Syndrome team in Nintendo Power:

NP: What led to the decision to revive this particular franchise after such a long absence?
AA: Sega, right now, is reviving a lot of the old franchises. After Burner's coming out, Golden Axe, a few others I can't tell you about. Totally Games wanted to do something that was a shooter, arcade-style game, and this was the game that they came to us with. Going through a lot of iterations, the RPG aspect came up, and then when Totally Games found out about the Wii, they were totally excited about it. And here we are. It was the combination of a frnachise, a gameplay idea, and a console. They all work together.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
splattergnome said:
Startropics is the NES version of NIGHTS - pure awesome and fun in a little cartridge of joy.

If they do put the game on VC, I wonder how they'll handle that part of the game?

Boerseun

Banned
JonathanEx said:
There's something wrong with the title. If it IS NiGHTS, they're fine. And that's good. But what if it is NiGHTS for Virtual Console? Hmmm? How about... if that, the entirety of Future gets banned. AND YOU DON'T WANT TO GET EDGE BANNED, DO YOU?!

Yes, ban them, ban them straight to hell!!! >:-|

Android18a said:
It's Burning Rangers!

That would do fine by me!

methodman said:
SKIES OF ARCADIA 2?!???!!

Would be totally totally oh so totally awesome. :)

GaimeGuy said:

If they do put the game on VC, I wonder how they'll handle that part of the game?

Probably just a note in the Operating Guide you can access in the Home Menu. Failing that, editing text in an NES game isn't unheard of, Nintendo did it for the Zelda Collector's Disc to fix "Gannon" to "Ganon," change references to buttons in Ocarina of Time, etc.

Top Bottom