• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Wii Game Announcement Coming (if it isn't NiGHTS, ONM gets banned)

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
future_pinoy said:
dsc00961qp2fw9.jpg

Thanks to Adolson for the (small) picture! Exclusive story, picture is a hint, and it’s a Wii game. Once again we are looking at a starry sky. Are ONM and NGamer going to be announcing the same exclusive?!
That will be more than likely that Big O game, or maybe Earthbound f*cking 2 (Mother 4).

Andonuts

Yeah, the odds of this being a NEW mother/earthbound game are pretty low, since Itoi has announced that he's done with the franchise and I have my doubts that nintendo would farm it out to someone else (and even if they did, it would most likely suck without itoi's direction).

That being said, I'd love it if this was Mother 3 on the VC in some form.

Looooooooove it.

Andonuts

zallaaa said:
dsc00961qp2fw9.jpg

that's a planet. thus, it could be olimar who has just crashed into it.

That's a planet! Final Fantasy VII takes place on a planet! They talk about "the planet" a lot in that game!

FFVII wii confirmed!!!!!!!!

Get ready for ONM to **** with you again. They are notorious for this.

They're getting quite good at getting people to buy their magazine via promises they never deliver on.

The next mag is in an open wallet so you can look inside the mag before you buy it and make your choice based on that. Happier?

And how could it be an April Fool when the mag is already on sale? How would that make any sense? What is it -- a special March 16 Fool?

AniHawk

Twilight Rockstar said:
The next mag is in an open wallet so you can look inside the mag before you buy it and make your choice based on that. Happier?

And how could it be an April Fool when the mag is already on sale? How would that make any sense? What is it -- a special March 16 Fool?

So is it a Sega game that starts with the letter "N" and ends in "iGHTS?"

AND. . . to calm you all down just a little bit, while the next ONM will be mentioning the game in question, it's no longer a big feature. You'll understand why in due course.

I personally think the stars thing is quite a cool little teaser.

Cronos

The planet's Earth, or Mother Earth, and Eartbound is Mother in Japan. So, Earthbound for Wii??:D

nm. was already mentioned.... :/

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Twilight Rockstar said:
AND. . . to calm you all down just a little bit, while the next ONM will be mentioning the game in question, it's no longer a big feature. You'll understand why in due course.

I see what you did there

Well, if the 'star' thing is mentioned by Twilight Rockstar, that means the NiGHTS speculation proved true?

But it's no longer a big thing, so... what? VC download? Saturn port/remake?

???

JDSN

Banned
Twilight Rockstar said:

Oh crap, here we go again.

Haunted

Twilight Rockstar said:

Too late. You opened Pandora's Box already. Total delivery or bust!

Epiphyte

Twilight Rockstar said:

Backpedaling already?

Downgrade Total

Twilight Rockstar said:

Oh ONM, every time...

PowWow

BOHICA!

Why do ONM do this, every frickin' time? Learn some professionalism and respect for your readers, guys.

Kafel said:
Someone can read what's written in the blue circle in the top-left corner ?

"DON'T MISS OUT! SUBSCRIBE AND SAVE YOUR CASH!"

So nothing important. That's my picture, by the way, who the **** is Adolson?

And already Twilight Rockstar is here doing damage control. This is getting pathetic.

Batongen

Banned
I think that Twilight R means that it won't be a big feature because the publisher will make an announcement or some online gaming site will get the scope before the release of the magazine. By the way, since when has a gaming magazine delivered a breaking story or announcement in the last couple of years, because I think it’s rather unusual.

Saoh

Batongen said:
By the way, since when has a gaming magazine delivered a breaking story or announcement in the last couple of years, because I think it’s rather unusual.

Game Informer with Red Steel, and PC Gamer with Gears of War coming to PC.

fresquito

Batongen said:
I think that Twilight R means that it won't be a big feature because the publisher will make an announcement or some online gaming site will get the scope before the release of the magazine. By the way, since when has a gaming magazine delivered a breaking story or announcement in the last couple of years, because I think it’s rather unusual.
Game Informer got RE4 and Red Steel exclusives, if I don't remember wrong.

ONM should be banned from GAF.

If it's NiGHTS, I'd bet it was a "new" one or a graphically updated port.

There'll be no Saturn on VC. CD games are just too big for the Wiis inbuilt memory and download speed.

wsippel

Banned
Android18a said:
If it's NiGHTS, I'd bet it was a "new" one or a graphically updated port.

There'll be no Saturn on VC. CD games are just too big for the Wiis inbuilt memory and download speed.
Wii will most likely support playing VC-games from SD, and probably even USB mass storage devices in the future, though. There simply is no need for that feature yet...

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Android18a said:
There'll be no Saturn on VC.
I wouldn't be so sure. If they can figure out how to put SS games on GameTap, I don't see how VC support wouldn't happen.
Richman555 said:
I think they should be sued
PowWow said:
Why do ONM do this, every frickin' time? Learn some professionalism and respect for your readers, guys.
HelenLovejoy.jpg

I still think it'll be something SEGA or NiGHTS related, but there won't be much in the mag about it... or there won't be much that we won't have already seen by the time the mag comes out.

Thats what I'm hoping for anyway. TR obviously won't be able to say much eitherway.

wsippel said:
Wii will most likely support playing VC-games from SD, and probably even USB mass storage devices in the future, though. There simply is no need for that feature yet...

dog$ said:
I wouldn't be so sure. If they can figure out how to put SS games on GameTap, I don't see how VC support wouldn't happen.

Yeah, but remember this is a Nintendo console. I wouldn't bet on anything logical like that happening. Nintendo seems to avoid doing stuff that pleases consumers on a practical level like that.

Friend codes, anyone?

Zilch

Banned
Twilight Rockstar said:

I don't think there's ever been a magazine that's ****ed up this consistently.

You're goddamn pathetic.

Saoh said:
watch both magazines talk about Mario Galaxy.

Yeah, watch them announce Mario Galaxy for the Wii. Oh wait, it already has been announced and revealed a WHILE ago. They wouldn't hint at something we already know about. If they were talking about Galaxy, why would they use a picture of Mario?

later

Looking at it now, only 512MB built-in storage really is the most stupid thing they could have done.

We could have had saturn games, demos, big original downloadable games, etc.. :(

Top Bottom