• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Wii hardware pics

prueba_atras_re.jpg

What's the orange port for?

Trurl

Banned

So, we now know that the Wiimote uses a circuit board. Cool.

Wait a minute! What's up with that guy's ring finger? Did the Wii do this to him?

Borys

Banned
Gearharaden said:
prueba_atras_re.jpg

What's the orange port for?

AGEIA's eXternal PPU.

$99, in stores 3 months after Wii launch.

Comes enclosed in a small white box with a blu LED writing "PhysiX".

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Also, this is the best physical picture I've seen for the controller so far:

nunchuk_re.jpg

P1010315-2.jpg

I like the look of the gloss on top of the controller as well.

Man, Nintendo really pull off apple ripoff design well. The lite and Wii are both fantastic looking pieces of hardware that don't cost much at all.

Hm does anyone know if the Trigger(s) on the NC-attachment is analogue (or the B-Trigger itself)? Haven't read anything about it...

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I hope you can turn off the light that is around the disc slot. I would find that mighty distracting.

Everything else looks sweet though.

Saoh said:
i like it :D

but didnt know that the sensor bar had small lights.
These are the LEDs that the Wiimote tracks.
You will not see them, but digital cameras make them visible (try with your TV remote).

Trurl said:

So, we now know that the Wiimote uses a circuit board. Cool.

Wait a minute! What's up with that guy's ring finger? Did the Wii do this to him?

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww........... I think I'm gonna be sick....

Jim

Calidor said:
The actel chip on the wiimote confirms memory storage

Err no... the Actel chip is an FPGA (field-programmable gate array), which is used to perform control, interface and/or security functions. Most likely to help interpret the motion sensing signals before passing them to the Wii.

It's a logic chip, in other words.

Jimbob

Jim said:
Err no... the Actel chip is an FPGA (field-programmable gate array), which is used to perform control, interface and/or security functions. Most likely to help interpret the motion sensing signals before passing them to the Wii.

It's a logic chip, in other words.

Was gonna say exactly the same thing! We use that goddamn chip at work. no memory on that, just logic like you say. Thats a fair bit of processing power for a controller if you ask me, nice.

Top Bottom