• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Wii hardware pics

yoopoo

Banned
jj984jj said:
barrita_Personalizado.jpg

Wow, that sensor bar is smaller then I thought.
Where be the wires on the sensor?

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
yoopoo said:
Why is that a mystery and not the a/v cables? =p

The cables probably run through the "wall" (which I think is a tarp based on one of the pictures).

My question is why even place the sensor bar on the TV if you don't hook it up and I don't believe the Wii sports game even require it. Unless its to have cool pictures of it next to a pen show up.. in that case kudos to them.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
mug said:
Which is why I said that you'd need a longer cable if you wanted to charge while playing

Which I didn't bring up. Why would you ever want to play Wii with a cable attached anyways? Ever. Period. Even if you were 15 hours into a marathon Zelda run and your batteries died, I'd rather rummage to find some temporary AAs than play whith a cable connected (which, if it used the Wiimote's extension port, would render many games/the nunchuku setup useless).

SnakeXs said:
Which I didn't bring up. Why would you ever want to play Wii with a cable attached anyways? Ever. Period. Even if you were 15 hours into a marathon Zelda run and your batteries died, I'd rather rummage to find some temporary AAs than play whith a cable connected (which, if it used the Wiimote's extension port, would render many games/the nunchuku setup useless).
The only games that it would really matter on are stuff like Wii Sports where it uses larger motions. Most of the controllers at E3 were wired.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Shmmeee said:
What's the sync button for?
Quickly copy HDD saves to an SD card and vice versa?

The hole in the bottom of the base pretty much confirms that the gap at the front won't be going aways because of air flow.

aoi tsuki

Fuzzy said:

The hole in the bottom of the base pretty much confirms that the gap at the front won't be going aways because of air flow.
HDD? You mean built-in flash memory?

On a related note, it's kinda funny to think that most people's SD cards will likely be larger than the 512MB default storage.

Shmmeee

Nickovic said:
It's like the button on the 360 controllor, its to connect the wiimotes to the system.

So is there a sync button on the 360 itself? I've never seen one, but I haven't spent too long looking at a 360. (EDIT: Google tells me there is, mystery solved, 2nd EDIT: OK it's somewhere on the 360/controller)

Fuzzy said:

Seems overkill for something that could be done in a system menu.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Shmmeee said:
So is there a sync button on the 360 itself? I've never seen one, but I haven't spent too long looking at a 360.

No its on the 360 controller.

Shmmeee said:
So is there a sync button on the 360 itself? I've never seen one, but I haven't spent too long looking at a 360.

Yes, it's also at the 360. And if you wouldn't have a controller conncected to a wii, how would you make your way through the system menu? ;)

Shmmeee

neondriver said:
Yes, it's also at the 360. And if you wouldn't have a controller conncected to a wii, how would you make your way through the system menu? ;)

Did you read my post or a quote of it? I was saying syncing the internal flash to an SD card with a button was overkill, not the controller.

;)

Wow, Nintendo Japan is ***sed. They're contacting several sites to remove all pictures :lol

Maybe this was a secret event in Spain.

btf1980

I just wish nintendo hopped on the HD train, I love everything about the wii as a console, but I want 720p gaming at the minimum.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
btf1980 said:
I just wish nintendo hopped on the HD train, I love everything about the wii as a console, but I want 720p gaming at the minimum.
Yeah, it's sort of a bummer that they didn't --- but at least they've dropped the "gamers don't want to play online" refrain, right? I'm sure when the Nintendo Too gets released in 2012, we'll see them jump onboard with 720p.

that's an awful big hole for such a tiny slot.

slot.txt
aoi tsuki said:
HDD? You mean built-in flash memory?

On a related note, it's kinda funny to think that most people's SD cards will likely be larger than the 512MB default storage.
Apparently Iwata hinted at USB HDD drivers being included; however, whether that is true or not has never been proven. I keep seeing people say this but no one ever wants to give a link.

DrGAKMAN

Banned
-I was wrong this time

-Why would Nintendo be "pissed" about us knowing there's a SYNC button

-it is an SD card, but where's the lil' groove to allow for a push-in eject???

Kafel said:
There's a flap on the bottom of the unit (when stood veritcally) towards the front too. Look on the lower right part of the system in this picture, you can see the little space where you can open it. Wonder what that is for? DVD attachment?

DrGAKMAN

Banned
AndoCalrissian said:
There's a flap on the bottom of the unit (when stood veritcally) towards the front too. Look on the lower right part of the system in this picture, you can see the little space where you can open it. Wonder what that is for? DVD attachment?

Good eye.

I theorized about this when those model patents were found 'cos in one of the pictures it looked like the stand connected to the system or something *right* where that flap is. Like a sort of power connection...but eh, I gave up on it. The only thing I could think of that would need to be there would be some kind of access to a manual disc eject. That or a battery for portable use (less likely). Again, who knows.

Trurl

Banned
What material is the stand made out of? In the E3 shots it looks metallic but in the new shots it looks like it might be plastic. I'm hoping for a heavy metal base myself.

Trurl said:
What material is the stand made out of? In the E3 shots it looks metallic but in the new shots it looks like it might be plastic. I'm hoping for a heavy metal base myself.
:lol

It is very likely plastic.

For it to be metal would be a very strange thing, of course. There are no metal bases or stands with electronic consumer products I'm even aware of. And for good reason, metal is more expensive than plastic. It would add unnecessarily to the cost of the product.

Jeff-DSA

yoopoo said:

I asked about that at E3 and they said that their demo kiosks had TV sets with holes drilled in them to run the wires right through the TV set's casing. It made for a much nicer presentation at E3 and they didn't have to worry about a sensor bar being moved or bumped out of place.

RaidenZR

Private Hoffman said:
:lol

It is very likely plastic.

For it to be metal would be a very strange thing, of course. There are no metal bases or stands with electronic consumer products I'm even aware of. And for good reason, metal is more expensive than plastic. It would add unnecessarily to the cost of the product.

Well the PStwo vertical stand is a metal disc base coated in plastic, if I'm not mistaken. It has some weight to it.

RaidenZR said:
Well the PStwo vertical stand is a metal disc base coated in plastic, if I'm not mistaken. It has some weight to it.
To prevent it from falling over? It's quite a small stand, as well. A base shaped like the Wii's base is no doubt plastic, having it made of metal in that shape and size would be too expensive.

Saoh

AndoCalrissian said:

Good eye but i dont think its anything, or that it opens. why? well, that bottom "flap" looks and is assembled different from the top flaps, where the GCN controllers/memory goes.

the flaps at the top have like, a small gap, so they can open. the bottom side of the console looks shut tight.

Top Bottom