• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Wii hardware pics

gstaff

probably a new one every week til november.

I keep forgetting about the sensor thing. my tv is right at the edge of my stand with little room to spare...I hope I can find a place for it.

Chittagong said:
That's an old prototype, here's a later one

To be fair, in a picture I am capable of making a skyscraper appear as small as a matchstick.. or a matchstick as large as the building, I suppose. The hand model would have to be obviously holding the 'stick flush against the sensor before I believed that comparison.

Regardless, still impressive!

Jim

muttyeah416 said:
dont you realize the holder of the pen is 30 feet away from the sensor bar so its actually 3 feet long

My sarcasm detector ain't working today but:
puesto_detalle_re.jpg

In context with the rest of the surroundings, it shows that it IS quite small (look below the screen).

mrwilt

Trurl said:

So, we now know that the Wiimote uses a circuit board. Cool.

Wait a minute! What's up with that guy's ring finger? Did the Wii do this to him?

2 or 4 double A batteries fit in that space? :)

ant1532

Banned
hylian81 said:
Can't wait to November.

a Little offtopic: Is Earthbound playable in the virtual console?
Who said its coming out in November?

Uh, dude, look up some info before you ask those questions. Just type vitual console in the search

hylian81 said:
No one knows yet, Nintendo has been very tight-lipped on what games are going to be available and when (outside of a few at E3). My guess is that there will be a good selection at the beginning then a few every month, I would think Earthbound will come at some point.

Xdrive05

White Man said:
Please tell me there's going to be an official rechargeable battery pack.

Why not just buy rechargeable AA batteries? Or are you thinking along the lines of "plug the Wiimote into a charger without having to physically replace them."

'Cause I'd be with you on that one.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Xdrive05 said:
Why not just buy rechargeable AA batteries? Or are you thinking along the lines of "plug the Wiimote into a charger without having to physically replace them."

'Cause I'd be with you on that one.

Yep. A la the Play And Charge kit. USB port, cable that goes to the Wiimote's extension port. No hastle, just plug it in before you go to bed.

*hopes*

I'm sure Nintendo's gonna do it, though.

terrene

Banned
Ranger X said:
That's a joke right? The orange port is for your fruit ****er.
Look guys, let's not **** up another thread with this orange port stuff.

For the last time, it's for the Retro Gamepad. Alright, GAF?

ant1532

Banned
EternalDarko said:
Best looking and most well designed hardware to date IMO.
:lol Who would've ever thought Nintendo designs would pass Sony's one day huh? Seriously the lite and wii look pretty ****ing nice.

Can someone translate this:
En esta misma vitrina, se podía contemplar la versión más finalizada de la consola, mostrada por primera vez en el E3'06, y que presentaba el logo de Wii, las patitas antideslizantes, la ranura más ancha, y el nuevo puerto para la barrita detectora. Recordad las dos versiones del diseño que registró Nintendo.
Because I'm wondering how that SNES-like controller works, if its connected to the original Wii controller.

Nonetheless, Wii, is so....ssssssooooooooo sexy.

Xdrive05

I wonder about the battery life of the controller. The Wavebird was great, of course. But the remote has a lot more going on with it. Speaker, accelerometer, peripheral connections, etc. Two AA batteries may not last too long.

Ristamar

Xdrive05 said:
I wonder about the battery life of the controller. The Wavebird was great, of course. But the remote has a lot more going on with it. Speaker, accelerometer, peripheral connections, etc. Two AA batteries may not last too long.

I doubt it's a concern. Battery longevity has always been an important issue for Nintendo in all of their products.

SnakeXs

Xdrive05 said:

Not to mention rumble.

I think a number was thrown around during E3, but I don't wanna guess, and be trampled if I'm wrong.

But, again, Nintendo's great with shit like this, so I have little worries.

mug

SnakeXs said:
Yep. A la the Play And Charge kit. USB port, cable that goes to the Wiimote's extension port. No hastle, just plug it in before you go to bed.

*hopes*

I'm sure Nintendo's gonna do it, though.
That'd have to be a long USB cable if you want to play while charging.

lyre

Xdrive05 said:

0003980001636_215X215.jpg

Nintendo has always been good with battery life. Ever owned a GB?

Juice

Jesus. This is by far the best looking console / peripheral set that has ever been designed.

Can't wait for Nintendo to cheap out and switch the clear plastic buttons with crummier ones.

These pics look way better than any pics I saw out of E3.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Nintendo X said:
Because I'm wondering how that SNES-like controller works, if its connected to the original Wii controller.

En esta misma vitrina, se podía contemplar la versión más finalizada de la consola, mostrada por primera vez en el E3'06, y que presentaba el logo de Wii, las patitas antideslizantes, la ranura más ancha, y el nuevo puerto para la barrita detectora. Recordad las dos versiones del diseño que registró Nintendo.
Lemme see if my Spanish classes did any good...

In this same (way), one can (contemplate/compare?) the more finalized version of the console with the model from e3 2006, and what/that has the Wii Logo, the (small something), the some that's more something, and the new port for the detector. There are two versions of something that Nintendo has shown.....

and now, for Babelfish's version...
In this same display cabinet, the finalized version of the console, shown for the first time in the E3'06 could be contemplated more, and that presented/displayed the logo of Wii, the nonskid patitas, the widest groove, and the new port for the barrita detector. You remember the two versions of the design that registered Nintendo

It just seems to be saying that the final Wii version was displayed in the cabinet.

SnakeXs

Juice said:
Can't wait for Nintendo to cheap out and switch the clear plastic buttons with crummier ones.

I don't foresee it happening, but if it ****ing does, I'm going goddamned postal.

P.S. PUT BACK THE RECTANGULAR POWER BUTTON NINTENDO

Xdrive05

yudaan said:
0003980001636_215X215.jpg

Nintendo has always been good with battery life. Ever owned a GB?

I've already got these:

B000255IUA.01-A25W9AJURFOXJ9._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

It's not an issue of whether Nintendo has a good track record, they do. It's about what the Wiimote does compared to the other stuff we have to date. Getting a long battery life out of 2 AA batteries when they have to power RUMBLE, accelerometer, motion tracking, speaker, and attatched peripherals is going to be Nintendo's greatest technical accomplishment. Gamecube turbo my ass, the controller's tech will be impressive enough to make up for any apparent lack of horsepower. ;)

mugwhump

DavidDayton said:
Lemme see if my Spanish classes did any good...

In this same (way), one can (contemplate/compare?) the more finalized version of the console with the model from e3 2006, and what/that has the Wii Logo, the (small something), the some that's more something, and the new port for the detector. There are two versions of something that Nintendo has shown.....

and now, for Babelfish's version...
In this same display cabinet, the finalized version of the console, shown for the first time in the E3'06 could be contemplated more, and that presented/displayed the logo of Wii, the nonskid patitas, the widest groove, and the new port for the barrita detector. You remember the two versions of the design that registered Nintendo

It just seems to be saying that the final Wii version was displayed in the cabinet.

Nonskid patitas and a barrita detector?! Are those the Wii's final secrets? :O

Gawaian

Nintendo X said:

It says something like this:
"In the same display cabinet, one could see the most finalized (or newest) version of the console, shown for the first time at E3'06, which had the Wii logo, ??? (I don't know how to translate this), a wider disc drive slot, and a new port for the sensor bar. Remenber that Nintendo patented two different desings of the console".

Calidor

Nintendo X said:

This was the lastest Wii version , show for first time at E306 with the Wii logo, the anti slide borders, a wider slot and the new port for the sensor bar. Remeber the two versions registered by Nintendo.

Andonuts

hylian81 said:
Can't wait to November.

As far as I know the only "confirmed" games are what was shown at E3. However, at TGS (I think it was TGS; maybe it was E3?) last year, when Iwata was introducing the virtual console, he mentioned "Earthbound" as one of the classic games that people would love to be able to play on the thing. Given that he was the former boss of HAL studios (who produced Earthbound) and he's now the President, I'd say the odds are pretty high.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
tamano_comparacion.jpg

zapper2_re.jpg

classic_Personalizado.JPG

Wii!

Damn the more people who play, the less exclusive the "I've Played the Wii" Club becomes :lol

mugwhump

Gawaian said:
It says something like this:
"In the same display cabinet, one could see the most finalized (or newest) version of the console, shown for the first time at E3'06, which had the Wii logo, ??? (I don't know how to translate this), a wider disc drive slot, and a new port for the sensor bar. Remenber that Nintendo patented two different desings of the console".
That part is about the non-skid patitas. I think they're a kind of burrito.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
wonderfuldays said:
p101031927rx.jpg

I don't like that gap, hope they will tune it before launch.:)
I believe there is a vent on that side of the system so I doubt that gap is going far ;)

Top Bottom