• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Xbox live arcade games for december

thorns

Banned
Hardwood Backgammon

Play a game of Hardwood Backgammon against the computer, against a friend on a single console, or against on online opponent over Xbox Live® on Xbox 360™.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/h/hardwoodbackgammonlivearcadexbox360/default.htm

Hardwood Hearts

Your mama told you not to go around breaking hearts. But in the classic card game Hardwood Hearts, that’s what it’s all about! Try to take as few points as possible … unless you want to shoot the moon. If you take all the points in a moon shot, the points go to your opponents!

Up the stakes even more with Spot Hearts, where heart cards are worth their face values, the queen of spades is worth 50, and a moon shot earns your foes a whopping 150 points! And don’t forget to congratulate your friends (or irritate your opponents) with a clever Foom™!

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/h/hardwoodheartslivearcadexbox360/default.htm

Hardwood Spades

Welcome to Hardwood Spades ... the game where a trick IS a treat! Bid on how many tricks you can take, then work with your partner to make it happen. Don't overbid, or you'll be set. But don't underbid either, or you'll be stuck with a bag! If you think you can duck all the tricks, go for a nil bid ... just make sure you're not holding the Ace of Spades!

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/h/hardwoodspadeslivearcadexbox360/default.htm

These card/board games are all multiplayer on xbox live 2-4 people

Robotron 2084

In 2084, man creates a species of super-advanced cyborgs known as Robotrons. Recognizing the imperfect nature of their creators, the Robotrons conclude that the inefficient human race must be exterminated.

In Robotron: 2084, only you and a single family of clones remain. If mankind is to survive, you must destroy the Grunts, Brains, Enforcers, and Tanks—but avoid the indestructible Hulks at all cost. Can you withstand wave after wave of android invasion and rescue Mommy, Daddy, and Mikey … before it’s too late?

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/r/robotronlivearcadexbox360/default.htm

Wik: Fable of Souls

A beautiful and mysterious world of fairytale charm unfolds in Wik: Fable of Souls as you swing by your ... tongue? Wik offers up more than 120 single-player levels and seven different modes of play. Up to four players can join in on the fun in multiplayer modes, where an action frenzy of firebug-dodging, acorn-spitting, and swing-chasing mayhem is sure to satisfy!

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/w/wikfableofsoulslivearcadexbox360/default.htm

This one looks interesting, it's an 2005 IGF winner.
135Thumb4.jpg

Crystal Quest

Teploy a smart bomb to vaporize every Nasty on the screen. Grab all the crystals to open the gateway at the bottom of the screen. And don't forget to gather up the goodies ihe 1987 classic, Crystal Quest, returns with updated graphics, enhanced special effects and Dolby sound! Pilot your ship through 60 waves, collecting crystals and evading the Nasties. These unique baddies—each one different--emerge from portals on each side of the screen. Fire your weapon at them, or dn each wave... you can find bonus points, extra smart bombs and even an occasional mega-crystal for massive points!

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/c/crystalquestlivearcadexbox360/default.htm

Unfortunately, I can't link the screenshots since MS decided to do them in flash. So you'll have to click those links.

GhaleonEB

"If mankind is to survive, you must destroy the Grunts, Brains, Enforcers, and Tanks—but avoid the indestructible Hulks at all cost. Can you withstand wave after wave of android invasion and rescue Mommy, Daddy, and Mikey … before it’s too late?"

I miss the days when a game's plot could be summarized so.

I'm not picking up the 360 for a few months, but when I do it will likely come with one traditional game and a half dozen Live Arcade games.

VALIS

Arrrggghhhh! Seems like the Xbox site has been down 9 out of every 10 times I've tried in the last 2 weeks.

Anyway, no details on Marble Blast Ultra? I thought that was right around the corner as well.

I'll be getting all of these. I'm an Xbox Live Arcade slut.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Robotron 2084 is one of the best games ever made. That's a nice little treat for you guys.

VALIS

Nikashi said:
Apparantly Xbox.com doesn't work in Firefox anymore, so use IE to click those link.

I thought it might be that, but it's not working in IE, either. Maybe because my IE is so out of date, dunno.

edit: nevermind. clearing the page history in IE worked.

ghostmind

XBL Arcade FTW!

Seriously, i've been spending more time in Arcade (even though i still suck at GeoWars) than on the "real" games...

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Its a shame all those card games dont come in one bundle. Im going to have a hard time paying 5 bucks per game for those. Oh well.

Also, Robotron is awesome.. but between Robotron, geometry wars, smash TV, and that other game (forgot its name) I think they have overdone the dual stick arcade game genre.

I also want that marble madness game.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
ghostmind said:
XBL Arcade FTW!

Seriously, i've been spending more time in Arcade (even though i still suck at GeoWars) than on the "real" games...

hahaha

last night after a game of nhl 2k6, i loaded up smash tv for my buddies and they were like "wtf is this garbage?!"

needless to say they didn't stop playing till they beat the game :lol

atomsk

Party Pooper
StoOgE said:
Also, Robotron is awesome.. but between Robotron, geometry wars, smash TV, and that other game (forgot its name) I think they have overdone the dual stick arcade game genre.

mutant storm.

which is totally awesome, and the only arcade game i actually bought

VALIS

thorns said:
Unfortunately, I can't link the screenshots since MS decided to do them in flash. So you'll have to click those links.

I just took some cut 'n paste screen captures of Wik:

wiktitle9xd.jpg

wik12dw.jpg

wik21wa.jpg

wik37bj.jpg

wik45qk.jpg

wik59cr.jpg

Looks a little Lemmings-ish?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Blimblim said:
I've done a video of Wik, and most other XBLA titles there

is you're auto-seeder getting really lagged or capped? i'm getting 10 k/s from it on 2 torrents when i used to get 400 k/s

just curious :D

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
I can't wait to get Wik. Ironic that after all those Robotron clones we also get the real deal. Now give me some Heavy Barrel, damn it!

thorns

Banned
Have any other new games been announced other than Marble Blast? (which should be coming soon I suppose)

SiNCeRe

Any word if 'Zombies ate my neighbor' will make its way to Xbox Live Arcade? That would be an awesome game over live. :)

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Don't know if this has been posted already, but there's a new XBLA game in the works called RobotsBlitz. It uses Unreal Engine 3 and is only 50 MB =O

XBLA FTW!!

Naked Sky Entertainment announced today RoboBlitz for Xbox Live Arcade on Xbox 360. It is described as a "a fast-paced action game featuring puzzle-solving and unique physics-based weapons." Over the game's 15+ levels, players must help a robot save its factory from mechanical brains. RoboBlitz uses both Unreal Engine 3 and Ageia PhysX technology, and still manages to come in at under 50 MB, thereby fitting Xbox Live Arcade requirements.

Prine

Banned
Such an amazing service. Now just imagine if MS release e3 demos on marketplace shortly after E3 :drool

LakeEarth

Any word on the costs of these games, or will we have to wait till they come out? I figure the board games and Robotron will be 400, the others 800, and Roboblitz 1200.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Mrbob said:
Marble Blast where are you? :/

Im with you, one of the ones Im really looking forward too.

Right now Ive got geo wars and mutant storm. Both of which are fun, but are more or less the same game.. one just has a level structure. I need more games. The ability to turn my Xbox on and play these things for 10 minutes or so when I dont have alot of time to devote to games is really good stuff.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
airstrike3tr.jpg

This is all i want. No updated graphics, no updated gameplay, just this exact game.

Make it happen M$

Doode Crystal Quest! I wonder if it'll still make that female moaning sound when you beat each level. That was hilarious. Then again I was in juior high when I last played it.

Mr Jared

I'll definitely be picking up Wik and strongly considering Robotron. Yeah, we've had too many Robotron style games (I got Smash TV and Geometry Wars myself) but I still love the original.

Wik just looks damned interesting. The art style and bits of gameplay remind me a lot of Oddworld, which is a very good thing.

With all the board and card games coming to XBLA, is it too much to ask for an online enabled Go? That would be my dream game.

LakeEarth

Problem would be it'd be 2 player only. Can't make a good Go! AI, and I can't imagine the game being that popular, at least over here. Hard enough to find someone to play with in Smash TV.

VALIS said:
All tomorrow, I believe. I'm gonna be checking a few times this AM, just in case.

December "05" not December 5th (except for CQ which is specifically listed as 12/5/2005). So, everything is out this month, not this Monday.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
omg crystal quest wtf! i used to play the shit out of that on my mac IIsi. iirc it really needed mouse control, tho...

Top Bottom