• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Xbox live arcade games for december

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Ok, this isn't a troll, just an observation/wish.

Given that MS has downloadable games, and Nintendo plans to (whether they are new or not is another story), I still hope that compilation packages are released on disc. I'm getting worried about games being released ONLY as downloads, and what happens when your system dies, MS/Nintendo cancels the service, or a company pulls a title from the download system.

sangreal

metdroid said:
by the way, can you actually use xbox live this time around without a credit card?

Yes, you can buy gamecards for your xbox live subscription and for your marketplace points at retail stores.

(and no cc is required for age verification)

jedimike

DavidDayton said:
Ok, this isn't a troll, just an observation/wish.

Given that MS has downloadable games, and Nintendo plans to (whether they are new or not is another story), I still hope that compilation packages are released on disc. I'm getting worried about games being released ONLY as downloads, and what happens when your system dies, MS/Nintendo cancels the service, or a company pulls a title from the download system.

That's actually a pretty valid argument. I guess if something happens, then you'll obviously lose the software. Of course, the odds of that MS will suddenly pull out are extremely low and if your 360 dies you can download them again on your new 360 (for free). The good thing about it is that the titles are priced in a way that they feel expendable. If I get a few years out of these titles, then I'm happy... even if they suddenly go away. I figure that XBL is a service, like cable TV. Within this service you can buy games just like you can buy Pay-per-view movies, or HBO, etc.

DCharlie

Banned
Dear MS,

right, don't get me wrong... I *LOVE* Robotron...

but ... you know... we now have Robotron, Crystal Mines, Mutant Storm, Smash Tv, and Geometry wars 2...

... guess which game they are all like?

might it not be a good idea to , you know, put some _different style_ arcade games up? please?

thanks,
d.c.

hyp

DCharlie said:
Dear MS,

but ... you know... we now have Robotron, Crystal Mines, Mutant Storm, Smash Tv, and Geometry wars 2...

might it not be a good idea to , you know, put some _different style_ arcade games up? please?

thanks,
d.c.

:lol MS is on a right/left stick analog shooter spree.

Nikashi

Banned
DCharlie said:
Dear MS,

thanks,
d.c.

Yeah, where's Total Carnage?

sangreal

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/m/marbleblastultralivearcadexbox360/default.htm

Marble Blast Ultra is the latest in the classic Marble Blast series. Get ready for an arcade action masterpiece with stay-up-all-night gameplay and an insane level of visual polish.

Suitable for players of any age, Marble Blast Ultra transports you to a futuristic 'astrolab' arena suspended high in the clouds. Compete against each other by navigating your marbles through moving platforms and dangerous hazards, while collecting rare gems and power-up enhancements, in an effort to complete each course in record time. Compete head to head in Xbox Live® ultra blast multiplayer mode!

Says its coming out today

I wish XBLA will have some sort of racing game with online features, for example Racing Desctruction Set would be awesome. Or Super Sprint...

Joe

nes_0009_01.png

rare should throw a bunch of games on there...including the game i pictured above and killer instinct.

I'll say this again, Ragdoll Kung-Fu with XBL play is something that should be on XBLA!

And I still want Sega to get off their duffs and bring me Alien Syndrone and Quartet!! :mad:

hyp

speaking of xbox live... was anyone having problems logging on last night from their 360? my network connection was fine, but i couldn't sign in to my xbox live account. oh well. i'm at work right now so i can't try it out.

I will buy a 360 if someone makes a 4p live-playable remake/port of M.U.L.E. for XBLA. And I totally call dibs on the purple Gollumer!

Fuck.

The only thing making me want a 360 right now is XLA. It would be in my best interest to stay away from threads like this, because I want to continue and believe it's not worth my money yet. It's both sad and awesome when something like this service is selling me on a system more than the "real" software. I want one. :'(

Woo hoo, I'm absolutely all over Robotron of course. I was waiting for that seeing the other classic Midway games previously updated on XBLA. That and Geometry Wars will be my first paid downloads once I get going with 360.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
I bought a new marketplace card as well today. I'm ready.

I have bought Geometry Wars, Smash TV, Billards, Mutant Storm and one more, I can't remember. I have 6 in total. I have 2000 points. I can't wait till I get home to get more.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Can I please get an updated version on Live Arcade?

choplift2.gif

apple2_choplifter.gif

That would make me go out and camp out for the 18th Best Buy sale.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
If I buy a few of these, and my Xbox 360 HDD crashes and looses everything, can I redownload them with my Xbox Live account?

SuperPac

The Xbox.com forums just opened new boards dedicated to each of the XBL Arcade games. Good places to find peeps for multiplayer, I'd reckon. They have boards for each of the games that haven't yet shown up in the Marketplace, too.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Suikoguy said:
If I buy a few of these, and my Xbox 360 HDD crashes and looses everything, can I redownload them with my Xbox Live account?
Yes. Your download history is tied to your account.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
vatstep said:
Yes. Your download history is tied to your account.

Fantastic, I was worried it was like Itunes

*orders some points*

Tortfeasor

Agent Icebeezy said:
I bought a new marketplace card as well today. I'm ready.

I have bought Geometry Wars, Smash TV, Billards, Mutant Storm and one more, I can't remember. I have 6 in total. I have 2000 points. I can't wait till I get home to get more.

How is mutant storm? I tried the demo and it seemed really easy/basic... That thought is keeping me from shelling out 800 points for it.

dskillzhtown said:
Can I please get an updated version on Live Arcade?

choplift2.gif

apple2_choplifter.gif

That would make me go out and camp out for the 18th Best Buy sale.

Man, those shots bring me back...way back. Loved this fucking game! Dan Gorlin for the fucking win.

cicero

bobbyconover said:
I will buy a 360 if someone makes a 4p live-playable remake/port of M.U.L.E. for XBLA. And I totally call dibs on the purple Gollumer!
Too bad that enhanced Amiga version never went through, the same for Son of M.U.L.E. for the Sega Genesis/MegaDrive.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Hearts, Backgammon, blah, blah, blah, give me a decent fucking poker game, you bastards. Clearly none of the developers making actual poker games are up for the task, so maybe XBLA could handle one that doesn't suck.

No, I don't think Stacked is going to solve anything.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Tortfeasor said:
How is mutant storm? I tried the demo and it seemed really easy/basic... That thought is keeping me from shelling out 800 points for it.

It's pretty cool, I like it. Geometry Wars grabs me more at the moment though

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
I'm sure poker is in the works.

What I want, is a top-down multiplayer war game like Sony Station's Infantry(the free version, before it went a bit too sci fi). 200 people going at it with little sprite soldier characters. Would this be at all possible on Xbox360?

I tried Xbox Live Arcade on the Xbox and didn't really like it, but I think Microsoft is really fleshing our the idea with the 360, and I just might give it another go.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
ToyMachine228 said:
I tried Xbox Live Arcade on the Xbox and didn't really like it, but I think Microsoft is really fleshing our the idea with the 360, and I just might give it another go.

Whew! I was worried there for a second. :)

So, 150-200 players in the same 2D arena. Is this possible on Xbox360 live?

LakeEarth

MattKeil said:
Hearts, Backgammon, blah, blah, blah, give me a decent fucking poker game, you bastards. Clearly none of the developers making actual poker games are up for the task, so maybe XBLA could handle one that doesn't suck.

No, I don't think Stacked is going to solve anything.
I could've sworn I saw Hold 'em in an old screen of the 360 Dashboard a month back.

GXAlan

m0dus said:
No, because your PROFILE on the harddrive is also tied to your live account :) They won't be able to play it using their profile, only yours.

Unless it's on the same physical Xbox360 though.

heavenly

How much does XBLA cost? Is it automatically included in one's Live account when purchased?

If it cost extra, how much, in real currency terms?

SuperPac

LakeEarth said:
I could've sworn I saw Hold 'em in an old screen of the 360 Dashboard a month back.

Someone in the Official XBL Arcade thread said that was just a mock-up screen. No Hold 'Em.

PhatSaqs

Banned
heavenly said:
How much does XBLA cost? Is it automatically included in one's Live account when purchased?

If it cost extra, how much, in real currency terms?
Access to XBLA is free. The games cost (so far) between 5-10 bucks.

Jesiatha

m0dus said:
No, because your PROFILE on the harddrive is also tied to your live account :) They won't be able to play it using their profile, only yours.

Incorrect. If Gamertag A purchases a game on box X, then anyone can play the full version on box X. If A then copies his game to box Y, the only way to play the full version is to have A's profile signed in to Live.

Top Bottom