• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Xbox live arcade games for december

Incorrect. If Gamertag A purchases a game on box X, then anyone can play the full version on box X. If A then copies his game to box Y, the only way to play the full version is to have A's profile signed in to Live.

So if our system literally dies, and we buy a new system, we can't play our arcade games any more unless we are logged into Live?

So if my original box died, and then I took my new one to my vacation cabin/boat/getaway, I wouldn't be able to play my arcade games? What if I moved somewhere there is no broadband (my parents live 30 miles in the country with no DSL or Cable)?

thorns

Banned
beermonkey@tehbias said:
So if our system literally dies, and we buy a new system, we can't play our arcade games any more unless we are logged into Live?

So if my original box died, and then I took my new one to my vacation cabin/boat/getaway, I wouldn't be able to play my arcade games? What if I moved somewhere there is no broadband (my parents live 30 miles in the country with no DSL or Cable)?

you mean if your harddisk dies....

thorns said:
you mean if your harddisk dies....

Not from what Jes says. He says it is keyed to the system, not the drive. Replacing a bad hard drive wouldn't affect anything in his scenario. You'd re-download everything to your new drive for free, but from that point on you couldn't play without being signed into Live.

Gosh, you couldn't even play during a network outage.

Jesiatha

beermonkey@tehbias said:

If you get your console repaired or replaced via 1-800-4-MY-XBOX, I'm pretty sure they transfer your content to your new box (so you don't need to be signed in on it).

Jesiatha said:
If you get your console repaired or replaced via 1-800-4-MY-XBOX, I'm pretty sure they transfer your content to your new box (so you don't need to be signed in on it).

I just got my replacement console back from MS last night. I haven't had a chance to hook it up yet, so I guess I'll find out tonight.

Top Bottom