• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New York City Museums Banning the Use of Selfie Sticks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to see someone wacked by one, after which they take it from the offending selfie taker and snap it over their knee. Make it happen, YouTube.

Firemind

I've just seen this thing in action for the first time today when I was strolling in Bangkok trying to admire the scenery. It... seems really impractical and dumb-looking. smh @humanity

Dalek

I've never once been in a museum, saw a beautiful piece painting or sculpture and thought "Now what this really needs is my face."

NekoFever

Pictures inside museums or galleries should be forbidden all together.

It is ridiculously annoying to go to these places and not being able to LOOK at the art because people are too busy in front of it trying to take the perfect selfie. Which is ironic, because they go to a place where you should be appreciating what is being shown but you only look at it through the screen of your phone. Another tragic example of the showing people you did something is more important than actually living or experiencing it. One example that comes to mind is the National Gallery in London. Pictures were prohibited until not so long ago. Now they allow it. You can't see a single Van Gogh because there are queues of tourists waiting to take a picture of it with their iPads. It completely ruins the experience for everyone.

I mean, prohibiting shouldn't be even discussed if we had the least amount of common sense, but we don't, so...

Crowds-around-the-Mona-Li-007.jpg

cruets

My Wife wanted a selfie stick. She's from Taiwan though so it's ok. You Gus are uptight.
Like gay marriage, who cares let them be

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom