• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New York U.S. Attorney Andrew Goldstein to join Special Counsel Robert Mueller's team

The whole "they're democratic donors" is a laughable idea, because in the time periods cited (something like 50k between all of them over 25 years), Trump himself has donated about 600k to the democrats.
And Jared, Ivanka, etc. If past donations to Dems means you must be politically motivated to take down a Republican presidency, the Republicans in Congress should move to impeach Trump this instant. And Mueller has more than a dozen people... naturally they're not all going to be Republicans. This argument is like when people (including my mom) were defending Trump's attacks on Judge Curiel - he might be biased against Trump because of The Wall so he should recuse! I was like, by that logic you're saying only people who support Trump can be a judge in a case over an entirely unrelated issue? OK buddy, that's not how that works.

Mollymauk

There's zero chance this all star, top of their field, group of investigators and prosecutors come up with nothing. It's already over. It's just a matter of time.

There's zero chance this all star, top of their field, group of investigators and prosecutors come up with nothing. It's already over. It's just a matter of time.

Yeah, I have a feeling that Mueller is calling in subject-matter experts as he finds specific issues that are beyond his personal experience/depth. If he had found nothing, he just wouldn't have bothered wasting their time.

antonz

Goldstein joining is logical since his investigation has been folded into the Special Counsel's Investigation/ Not going to take an investigation over and dump its staff.

That said Mueller thinking the investigation warrants being brought into the fold is a interesting development

soldat7

giphy.gif

Top Bottom