• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Yorker: Harvey Weinstein's Accusers Tell Their Stories

Tucker Carlson is calling on the justice department to investigate sexual abuse in Hollywood. He's on Fox News calling for this... Fox News...

This is something that adds to how depressing and scary this whole ordeal is. It's bad enough that Weinstein did this, but then Trump's ilk are proudly wearing their hypocrisy on their chest and marching on. They let Bill O'Reilly back on the network as a guest whenever he wants.

How does a country function properly when one side behaves this way? How do we reach a solution to stuff like this if not all of us are willing to admit the problem is there when it's politically inconvenient?

kevin1025

Banned
This is something that adds to how depressing and scary this whole ordeal is. It's bad enough that Weinstein did this, but then Trump's ilk are proudly wearing their hypocrisy on their chest and marching on. They let Bill O'Reilly back on the network as a guest whenever he wants.

How does a country function properly when one side behaves this way? How do we reach a solution to stuff like this if not all of us are willing to admit the problem is there when it's politically inconvenient?

I was watching CNN earlier and they spent an enormous amount of time talking about how long it took the Obamas and Hillary to come out and condemn this, and then barely spent any time on the accusations and the tape. They're more focused on the time it took for others to come forward and how this looks for Democrats than on the acts themselves. It's bizarre.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
There was that story floating around a few days ago that Bob Weinstein helped pushed the publication to surface as a move to take control of TWC.
The company is done. I can't see them bouncing back, even with a new name. Everyone knows the board of that company was complicit in this.

Linkura

I was watching CNN earlier and they spent an enormous amount of time talking about how long it took the Obamas and Hillary to come out and condemn this, and then barely spent any time on the accusations and the tape. They're more focused on the time it took for others to come forward and how this looks for Democrats than on the acts themselves. It's bizarre.

I know I commented on Obama myself, but that's just fucking gross. Not surprising for CNN though.

kevin1025

Banned
I wonder how much longer its gonna be until Louis CK gets taken down.

With how the Devin Faraci and Harry Knowles situation snowballed and exposed, maybe the Weinstein situation will light a fire under the entertainment industry and start exposing the other creeps.

entremet

Twitter sure is something right now. Whatever you think about the platforms, it's gaming changing for stuff like this.

Ridley327

There was that story floating around a few days ago that Bob Weinstein helped pushed the publication to surface as a move to take control of TWC.

It wouldn't shock me. From how the talk has been about them over the years, the only reason they haven't killed each other is because they're related by blood, and I'm not even sure that would have stopped them.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Somewhat-related: Lindsay Ellis spoke about a time where an Academy Award-winning director sexually harassed her and the culture within the film industry that allows this to be so common an occurrence and sexual harassers to not suffer any consequences, to say nothing of how women are never believed when they come forward about these events.
She's not wrong that this is absolutely the norm for Hollywood. Some motherfuckers need to get dragged to the street for this.

Also, NBC is clearly complicit in ALL of this. They sat on the Access Hollywood tape and someone had to leak it to WaPo. They ran cover for Weinstein against the Farrow story. They protected Trump when he was on the Apprentice and could be sitting on tapes from his tenure there.

Someone just showed me pictures of emma watson hanging woth this old creep from a few years back, i fucking want to puke.

I have no idea what's going on with louis ck, affleck or how they covered up this shit, but this is disgusting all around. I'm glad all this is coming out to the public, though I wonder what took so long or why it's happening now. Better late than never, though. This year it was ailes, oreilly and now this asshole. On to the next. Never forget that pussygrabber in chief has faced no consequences for this

aliengmr

I don't think so. There were rumors that he masturbated in front of two female comedians a few years back but nothing ever came of it. If its true this seems like the time to bring it back up.

I don't know, the rumor never evolved beyond the initial story which came off desperate for Cosby 2.0.

Until something changes or someone comes forward, I'm inclined to believe it was just a rumor.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Any Democrat politician receiving money from this shithead should match his donation and give them to charities or a good cause.

Just heard the audio recording: "I swear on my children".............. goddamn.

VeeP

Brad Pitt did something back in '95 when Weinstein messed with Gwyneth Paltrow.

Threatened to beat the shit out of Weinstein if he didn't stop it.

I mean, didn't Rose Mcgowan say that Ben told her "God dammnit I told him to stop doing that!"

For all we know Ben told him to stop. For all we know, other people told him to stop. But the dude had a lot of power, influence, lawyers, etc.

[SPOILERI'm not saying Ben isn't a POS for other reasons tho.[/SPOILER]

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Stuff like this makes me think that all the child-prostitution thing in Hollywood must also have some truth, if not all the truth, in it. Hopefully that will be blown open too because fuck that shit is extremely filthy and disgusting.

Volimar

Harvey wishing he had dual french citizenship right now.

Stuff like this makes me think that all the child-prostitution thing in Hollywood must also have some truth, if not all the truth, in it. Hopefully that will be blown open too because fuck that shit is extremely filthy and disgusting.

Hmm, maybe I should keep an eye on Hayden Panetierre's twitter.

I mean, didn't Rose Mcgowan say that Ben told her "God dammnit I told him to stop doing that!"

For all we know Ben told him to stop. For all we know, other people told him to stop. But the dude had a lot of power, influence, lawyers, etc.

[SPOILERI'm not saying Ben isn't a POS for other reasons tho.[/SPOILER]

Basically. All of these big names are comolicit to an extent for staying silent for so long (hell I bet most a-listers were aware of this) but either were not in a position of power to do anything about it at the time or tried to ignore it which is also a damn shame

Kickz

Why does this fucker look like the villain in Iron Man 1?

latest

kmax

Quoting what I said in the other thread

You know, that leaked tape story really makes my blood boil.

In 2015, Ambra Battilana Gutierrez went to the police after she was sexually harrassed by Weinstein, so they put a wiretap on her to gather evidence of foul play. After she returned to Weinstein and recorded the tape, the police got hold of the tape and sent it off to the DA.

It got dropped.

When we have cases where women have proof and even go to the police, the system fails them, yet some people still wonder "why many women don't speak out"?

Sometimes, I weep for this world.

Top Bottom