• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Newcastle United - No Joey Around!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carbonox

dwu8991 said:
Arsenal look to be a pushover as a top 4, Chelsea are no longer the hunter but the hunted, Man U got beat easily against Barca, Liverpool spent millions but need to prove themselves, Spurs have lost their key play maker in Modric. Couldn't be a better time for Newcastle to rejoin the top 4 as far as I can see!.

fZ9Wz.jpg

Salazar

broony said:
No chance to be honest. Pardew is doing exactly what he is wanted for, towing the line and not speaking out. He is simply the coach, picks the team from what is given to him. He agreed to those terms when he joined.Pardew is Ashley's lap dog.

When the fat half-naked nutters howl, the manager will go.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
dwu8991 said:
Arsenal look to be a pushover as a top 4, Chelsea are no longer the hunter but the hunted, Man U got beat easily against Barca, Liverpool spent millions but need to prove themselves, Spurs have lost their key play maker in Modric. Couldn't be a better time for Newcastle to rejoin the top 4 as far as I can see!.

1264591971_brendan_frase_clap.gif

broony

Salazar said:
When the fat half-naked nutters howl, the manager will go.

From the south I see. No and No. It took a fucking heart attack to get rid of Joe Kinnear. If you want to see fan lead appointments look around the mersey not the Tyne.

Momo

Banned
faridmon said:
Only Newcastle would require a whole new thread.

He is coming to Everton to relegate you lot.
He is not an Arsenal fan...
I actually enjoy watching my boys play :)

Rourkey

We should keep this thread going all season, I love watching fan's optimised turn to anguish and misery, particularly Geordie's who reach such highs and lows!

Watching this will be like seeing a train crash in slow mo

broony

Salazar said:
South Wales, yeah.

I'll wager 15 units of Internet dignity on a sacking in the first half of the season.

I'll take that wager and then disapear when it comes to fruition.

Superimposer

This is getting weirder all the time
Of course, there's always the chance that Joey refuses to come to an agreement with another club, as hinted by his most recent tweets. But I think he's probably just being a general nuisance as he is known to be, I don't think he'll stay because he'll be frozen out.

faridmon

santouras said:
to be fair, arsenal fans are happy at some stages of the season

a2d2d645491ed3b7e32e6c3a2429a18f_goonerboombust.jpg
You lot must be psychologically strong. I would have a nervous breakdown after two seasons with those ups and downs. Bloody hell.

dwu8991

Banned
Rourkey said:
We should keep this thread going all season, I love watching fan's optimised turn to anguish and misery, particularly Geordie's who reach such highs and lows!

Watching this will be like seeing a train crash in slow mo

There's really nothing better than seeing your side down 0-4 at half time and come back to 4-4 and nearly winning it. It was easily the best ever game of football for the year.

Meadows

Banned
Salazar said:
Just go with it.

Do you dispute that Newcastle are a Big Club ?

I've heard they ARE a top 4 club, especially because Barcalona beat United.

@DWU

Are you 13? Isn't that too young for GAF?

faridmon

dwu8991 said:
There's really nothing better than seeing your side down 0-4 at half time and come back to 4-4 and nearly winning it. It was easily the best ever game of football for the year.
Thats nothing compared to being Newcastle

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
dwu8991 said:

It was certainly the most hilarious. There were people grabbing each other's throats and putting them in headlocks, a red card, one of the softest penalties of all time, a first minute goal, a wonder strike, a last minute chance, it was brilliant. That and the 3-3 North London Derby were the best games of the season.

Superimposer

This is getting weirder all the time
Ushojax said:
It was certainly the most hilarious. There were people grabbing each other's throats and putting them in headlocks, a red card, one of the softest penalties of all time, a first minute goal, a wonder strike, a last minute chance, it was brilliant. That and the 3-3 North London Derby were the best games of the season.

And what a day that was as well - definitely the most extraordinary day of Premier League ever. Almost every game was a classic, especially Everton Blackpool

Salazar said:
Just go with it.

Do you dispute that Newcastle are a Big Club ?

in 2011, yes

their fans have a greater sense of their own importance than aston villa's, and that's really saying something

Salazar

345triangle said:
their fans have a greater sense of their own importance than aston villa's, and that's really saying something

The capitals were meant to suggest my amusement at the whole Big Club rhetorical shebang.

Massive Club is another one I like.

"How do you feel about joining Bog Standard FC, Rodney ?"

"Well, this is a Massive Club"

dwu8991

Banned
Salazar said:
I can't blame the OP too much.

My hype is at crazy levels.

Yeah, last season I promise I wouldn't get my hopes up and then bang we 6-0 up over Aston. I blame MC for causing Hatem Ben Arfa's injury and staring nufc woes.

Meadows said:
I've gone off football, much more into Test Cricket but that's going out of season soon :(
This summer's series has been boring, India haven't turned up. Zaheer, Yuvraj and Harbhajan(likely to have been dropped anyway) are injured now injured so I don't see it picking up.

Broad's hat-trick has been the highlight so far.

GQman2121

Banned
anonnumber6 said:
I think top four is beyond the reach of Newcastle for the next few years but top ten is a reasonable target for the next season.

But it is nice to see someone outside of England support a club outside of the "big four" especially because a Newcastle fan is a tough job these days.
Big 4? It's more like the big 6 now.

dwu8991

Banned
Good news for Newcastle United fans, Joey Barton is going to be sticking around!
Pardew has intervened in managements plan to off load the star studded player for now.
The club is also banning all players from using twitter to comment on the club.
The twitter crisis had threatened the stability of the club but finally everything has been resolved and Newcastle can once again resume becoming a football club again!

Meadows

Banned
dwu8991 said:
Good news for Newcastle United fans, Joey Barton is going to be sticking around!
Pardew has intervened in managements plan to off load the star studded player for now.
The club is also banning all players from using twitter to comment on the club.
The twitter crisis had threatened the stability of the club but finally everything has been resolved and Newcastle can once again resume becoming a football club again!

Why does everything you write come out in a really odd way?

besiktas1

lol that graph is spot on about how injury players back are counted as new signings. Hear that one all the time from Arsenal fans.

Busty

Banned
tri_willy said:
did this really warrant a thread of its own?

This.

Next thing you know we'll be getting threads devoted to Orient.

And don't bother Googling who or what that is if you don't know.

as a Sunderland fan, this thread amuses me.

Sunderland will finish above Newcastle this year for sure. Go the Black Cats!

dwu8991

Banned
"There's only one Shola Ameobi"

I'm really glad he's going to be playing and ending his career at our club as he is a great player. His injury last season really hurt us as it was clear that we were missing his influence just from holding the ball up and his goal scoring.

Newcastle have also done well in bringing Gabriel Obertan from man u and looks to be a fine player. http://www.youtube.com/watch?hl=en&v=KI3EcmLNWPU&gl=US
He's got real quality in moving the ball, passing and most importantly in dribbling.
Got some really big raps from man u fans. Should be interesting to see if he starts ahead of Dan Gosling and Joey Barton!

Mr. Sam

Only proves what a cretin Barton is. He instigated that and got off with a yellow. Such an ugly haircut fits him.

dwu8991

Banned
Well done to Arsenal for a good game and they did played better than Newcastle.
Pardew should've however brought sammy ameobi when he had the chance. The passing game went out once cabaye left even though we were playing 10 men! Loverkrands was a waste of time. Still have a lot of improvement to come.

dwu8991

Banned
Newcastle won!

Take that Sunderland!!!

We are sitting in champions league position at the moment, hope we can keep it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom