• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NewEgg via EBay selling PlayStation Plus 1 Year Cards for $39.99

D-VoN

Thanks for posting OP. My PS+ is up in a few days. Sucks they're mailing it but I don't need it right away.

Wasn't there a deal coming on Dec 6th for like 33 euros or something? Was that fake? Is that happening in US too for something like $35? If that's not happening I might as well get this deal.

sense

Wasn't there a deal coming on Dec 6th for like 33 euros or something? Was that fake? Is that happening in US too for something like $35? If that's not happening I might as well get this deal.

that was apparently a screenshot from a couple of years ago.

vypek

Same. I got two a couple years ago but those are about to run out...I *really* should have gotten enough cards to cover the generation, lol.

Lol. Exactly my thought. I only bought two while thinking "These should be back on sale for $30 sometime within the two years." What a big mistake

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks a lot OP! Had a huge hassle with Walmart cancelling all the orders I tried to make.

And yes, I'm bitter that they aren't $30-35 anymore during sales :/

Chris R

Need to check to see when mine runs out. Don't play any games online, but I'd get $3.50 worth of value out of the free games most months.

SlickVic

For those who want to sweeten the deal slightly and don't mind buying 2 cards, gyft.com is offering an $80 eBay gift card for $75 with code EBAYWISH at checkout. They mention the gift card could take up to 4 hours to activate, but it worked instantly for me. It is something to keep in mind though as newegg will probably run out of stock by tonight (they say 75% sold at this point).

So it basically comes out to 12 months for $37.50, just have to buy 2 cards.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Damn just grabbed this, and then after ordering realized its gonna take a week to ship it. I thought it was a digital code. How lame.

joeblow

For those who want to sweeten the deal slightly and don't mind buying 2 cards, gyft.com is offering an $80 eBay gift card for $75 with code EBAYWISH at checkout. They mention the gift card could take up to 4 hours to activate, but it worked instantly for me. It is something to keep in mind though as newegg will probably run out of stock by tonight (they say 75% sold at this point).

So it basically comes out to 12 months for $37.50, just have to buy 2 cards.

Good looking out! I was prepared to buy two cards this afternoon, but aborted the purchase because of the $7.28 California tax (see above). With your link, I was able to bring down the cost to only an extra $1.09 a card, which is reasonable enough. Yeah, the deal saves more if there was no tax to pay, but I would've missed it anyway since you posted after I was prepared to buy them.

Everyone else, the link works and I got my discounted code instantly. It's a great deal if you are buying two PSN annual passes. I'm now set to 2018, just in time for rumblings of the PS5. :)

Neoweee

Damn just grabbed this, and then after ordering realized its gonna take a week to ship it. I thought it was a digital code. How lame.

And it is from NewEgg, of all places. I noticed a mistake in the order immediately and cancelled within 5 seconds of placing the order, but I suspect it is going to go through, because that's just how terrible NewEgg is.

They have the unambiguous worst customer service I've ever dealt with.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
And it is from NewEgg, of all places. I noticed a mistake in the order immediately and cancelled within 5 seconds of placing the order, but I suspect it is going to go through, because that's just how terrible NewEgg is.

Whats wrong with Newegg? They don't charge tax and their shipping has been on point all the time for me. Never had a single issue with orders or when I gather my components for computer builds too.

Heck I picked up a brand new PS4/UC bundle for $235 shipped because of the the deals they had going thanks to a thread that I found on here..

~Kinggi~

Banned
Whats wrong with Newegg? They don't charge tax and their shipping has been on point all the time for me. Never had a single issue with orders or when I gather my components for computer builds too.

Heck I picked up a brand new PS4/UC bundle for $235 shipped because of the the deals they had going thanks to a thread that I found on here..

I mean to be fair i did just receive my 25$ Uncharted Collection today from them with free shipping and all was well so i cant complain. Im just pissed this was a physical card and not a code. Hope it works ok.

Neoweee

Shipping has always been slow for me, and their customer service worthless.

It's been $40 for over a week at this point, got mine almost a week ago and eBay or NewEgg keeps wanting me to buy a warranty for it. >_> Silly automated messages.

The free shipping is via UPS ground, I think I ordered last week on Monday, got here Wednesday.

smisk

Seriously? I've always had great experiences with them. I even convinced them to give me a free MGSV code along with Arkham Knight and The Witcher 3 when I bought my graphics card, since AK turned out to be so broken on PC.

Seriously? I've always had great experiences with them. I even convinced them to give me a free MGSV code along with Arkham Knight and The Witcher 3 when I bought my graphics card, since AK turned out to be so broken on PC.

They also gave me a code for Assassin's Creed: Syndicate when I brought it up while in a convo with CS about another matter. I just mentioned it because why not and was surprised they actually did it.

Neoweee

Maybe I'll have luck if I continue shopping with them, but I've had no particularly good experiences with them, and a few bad ones at this point.

Arkham

The Amiga Brotherhood
It was a sale highlight within this thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1148772

The cards that were being sold were Canadian base, and due to the exchange rates between the US and Canadian dollars it ended up being much cheaper on the US end. (Unfortunately if you are Canadian then you won't feel effects of it.)

Thanks. The $49.99 CDN is still less than what I've seen over the past week. Will hoping for a sale on Boxing Day.

Top Bottom