• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Newest MGSV patch added a hidden feature in it (spoilers for story)

yea i get what you mean, but this was done for more gameplay/fanbase reasons it seems. it destroys her story, but at the same time, it doesnt take from the story if its just for gameplay and nothing else. That is how i see it at least.
Let's not kid ourselves. This probably isn't about gameplay or fanbase. It'll be about some DLC costumes or some other tat.

What story? The sideops have nothing to do with the narative. Its just badly thought out postgame stuff. This is a good change, they should add dificulty settings next.

or possibly a theater mode, or new game + or even multiple save patches. lol

I would take any one of those.

semiconscious

Gold Member
the truth? kept my butterfly patch, skipped mission 45, finished the game. i just didn't care any more. & i still don't :) ...

cheesekao

Another hidden feature they added is that all resource containers that you have previously fultoned now give 100x less materials, effectively disallowing resource farming.

Edit: Things aren't that clear at this moment. Gonna have to wait for more extensive testing. Apparently it's related to main missions?

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Just wait.

For what? Her secret outfit is unlocked through gameplay. Kojima/Konami LA is dead. Kojima JP is dead. It's a miracle this patch even made it out.

I understand people want to make a villain out of Konami at every turn, but make sure you point your fingers at the right problems(FOB tax/insurance, MGO3) and not the wrong problems(non existent dlc for quiet)

wiibomb

this doesn't make sense storywise since she's supposed to leave by force and leave you without the option to her, a kind of a meta for The Phantom Pain..

but I guess it makes sense to Konami about selling DLC.. soooo I'm glad I got that platinum having to witness that phantom pain

Ridley327

That one extreme mission against the skulls at the airfield is about to get a whole lot easier for me.

It's crazy how much Quiet breaks that mission if you give her the Sinful Butterfly. At least one of them will be dead by the time you make it to one of the safe areas.

Alucrid

Banned
YEEEEEEEEEEEE-

ETMNe.gif

Just when I thought playing this game wasn't already a chore

mission 11 is easy though

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
That one extreme mission against the skulls at the airfield is about to get a whole lot easier for me.

If you stand on the roof of one of the buildings their a.i. can't handle it and will just stand around trying to shoot you. You don't need quiet, just a lot of grenades, rockets, and patience.

Good stuff. I was planning on leaving the Butterfly Emblem on until I'd mopped up every other Trophy (since there's no way I'm starting a new game to get her back and doing all this grinding again), then I burnt out on the game and put it away, but now I suppose I might at least play her last mission for myself.

JimPanzer

For what? Her secret outfit is unlocked through gameplay. Kojima/Konami LA is dead. Kojima JP is dead. It's a miracle this patch even made it out.

I understand people want to make a villain out of Konami at every turn, but make sure you point your fingers at the right problems(FOB tax/insurance, MGO3) and not the wrong problems(non existent dlc for quiet)

You must be fun on partys. Gosh. And I'm quite sure Konami will continue to push out DLc.

yuraya

Great news. The other buddies are just nowhere near as fun to play with. The game is not the same without her.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
You must be fun on partys. Gosh. And I'm quite sure Konami will continue to push out DLc.

Oh c'mon with the tired "fun at parties" line. I'm just stating the hard facts. I'm hoping they do put out dlc to prove me wrong that they haven't abandoned the game after this patch.

So can you actually use her or does she just sit in the base? Because you could still technically get her back before, she'd just be in the brig.

Shahed

This would have been useful for me like nearly two months ago. By this point I've long since moved on from the game

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
It would be cool if after reunion she wasn't stuck in that cell. I felt like at a certain point she earned your loyalty. After that sacrifice especially. Just let her chill with the rest. Sure she can't talk, but she can still have a good time.

sora87

I quit playing after I lost Quiet, straight up uninstalled. I may be tempted to knock some of the other trophies off now...

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
but why 7 times?

7/11 was a part-time job, as the MGS reddit says.

is it confirmed that you can count on her again?

...Konami is basically patching out a flag (well not really, just making it reversible) that PC users have been able to "mod" out for months now. So yes, it's "confirmed you can count on her again." She's functional, congrats on being able to do something PC has done just with a bit of legwork, consoles.

TedMilk

Another hidden feature they added is that all resource containers that you have previously fultoned now give 100x less materials, effectively disallowing resource farming.

WHAT?!? Is this true? I only play single player and rely on those containers big-time to get the last weapons and upgrades. How is someone supposed to get enough resources without raiding an FOB now then?

This had better not be true!

Top Bottom