• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Newest MGSV patch added a hidden feature in it (spoilers for story)

WHAT?!? Is this true? I only play single player and rely on those containers big-time to get the last weapons and upgrades. How is someone supposed to get enough resources without raiding an FOB now then?

This had better not be true!
Pretty sure it's sarcasm, you would be making less nothing. Lol.

BadWolf

This. I want to replay the game without having to constantly worry about having to fulton literally hundreds of new soldiers.

You can play a new game without worrying about that, the game is balanced around minimal tools.

My second playthrough had near zero grinding.

Well this is great because I basically stopped playing just before that event happens.

Now I don't have to worry about losing her.

#ThanKonami

BadWolf

Having to do the same boss fight seven times speaks to MGSV's issues.

The hate is hilarious at this point.

At first people were begging for her to be put back in with some even willing to pay for DLC and now that they actually put her back in people started looking for new reasons to cry.

Haunted

The hate is hilarious at this point.

At first people were begging for her to be put back in with some even willing to pay for DLC and now that they actually put her back in people started looking for new reasons to cry.
These are... obviously not the same people?

Nope.

He already confirmed previously that Quiet didn't die after mission 45.

uXvfbYd0.jpg

Batzi

Banned
While good from a gameplay point of view, it kind of eliminates that entire story arc and that makes me sad.

This is exciting honestly! Makes you think of the other things they might add eventually! I think some of the content was cut intentionally and will be included in patches for free just to keep people interested in the game.

mindsale

I'd love if they patched in like 10 different sound bites for her.

You either play without buddies or play without sanity.

Playing the same mission 7 times meanwhile our resources are stolen if we didn't purchase insurance.

*Insert playing us like a fiddle joke here*

DrArchon

I'm surprised something like this wasn't in from the start. How can they sell you DLC costumes for a buddy you lose by the end of the game?

Seriously though, this is pretty nice of them. A neat little treat for everyone that misses her, and if you think it ruins the story, you can just not get her back.

RootCause

They even screw up when they do a good thing. :p
Well at least there's a way of getting her back, though I'm metal geared out right now. :(

I'm surprised something like this wasn't in from the start. How can they sell you DLC costumes for a buddy you lose by the end of the game?

Seriously though, this is pretty nice of them. A neat little treat for everyone that misses her, and if you think it ruins the story, you can just not get her back.

I feel like Kojima was trying to make some point with how you lose Quiet permanently. But he completely missed the mark on whatever it was meant to be. And now that he's more or less out of the picture Konami realized they can bring people back/sell more by having her return.

Fardeen

too bad i wont play this game again, gameplay was fun but story is what makes an MGS memorable, this one sucked :( so disappointed in this game

BadWolf

Actually, I think the way you worded your post directly implied that, yes.

Otherwise what's the point of your post?

The point is that people will find something to complain about either way. The feature was heavily requested, and is included in a way that makes it very much optional, and yet people are still looking for something to hate on even with this.

regardless guys, game got easier with quiet doing most of the work now and being back. Also Waifu of 2015 is back now.

CTdAXGqUcAAiMnQ.jpg:large

no more sad venom

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Mission takes like 5 minutes tops, still though I would have rather had some crazy sepcial conditions to do this.

Wouldn't it have been cool if you had to play through the mission with a butterfly emblem while wearing naked gear and only using the best sniper available, default tranq pistol, default arm and no special items or extra gear and never being allowed to call a supply drop.

So that you were guaranteed to actually be forced to do a sniper battle.

Luigi87

Glad to see this thread. My friend told me she did Episode 46 yesterday and didn't have to do Episode 45 and I was like "Well they must have patched that... but I'm still screwed."

Guess I'm not.

BadWolf

Mission takes like 5 minutes tops, still though I would have rather had some crazy sepcial conditions to do this.

Wouldn't it have been cool if you had to play through the mission with a butterfly emblem while wearing naked gear and only using the best sniper available, default tranq pistol, default arm and no special items or extra gear and never being allowed to call a supply drop.

So that you were guaranteed to actually be forced to do a sniper battle.

That would have pissed off a lot of people.

Making it an easy method was the right approach, they knew that this fight could be exploited.

Top Bottom