• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Fatal Frame for the Wii!!

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Goddamnit, did amorix derail another thread?

oh well, i'm excited for this. this can only be good for my future library.

BrodiemanTTR said:
I'm still waiting for the Wii horror game with a flashlight. Hello obvious cool idea.

Yeah, aren't these games in first person (never played 'em myself)? I actually think this would be a great game to finally introduce the Wii-remote-as-flashlight-horror-game. I look forward to this!

Amir0x said:
oh ok guys sorry for jumping on you like a rabid lemur, next time I'll make sure to pad my words with flowers and unicorns so as not to offend your weak constitutions. I'll make it more in line with a slightly irritated porcupine, if that's ok with Pata.

Don't forget the butterflies and the rainbows!

vxkc93.jpg

54ejrb

nli10

I quite liked the first two Project Zero games. It was like an interactive 'The Ring' game where you had to wander up to the scary spirits and then stand there waiting for them to edge closer.

Rope Maidens FTW

pickwick

flipping_heck said:
Grasshopper will start on Fatal Frame when work on No More Heroes, recently announced for a US release via Ubisoft, has finished

" Will start (...) when No more heroes (...) has finished"...

Is that mean we'll play Project zero Wii in .... 2009 ? too bad.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Grasshopper working on a horror game on wii? Now we are talking.
Wii = most eclectic Nintendo console ever confirmed.

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
marc^o^ said:
Grasshopper working on a horror game on wii? Now we are talking.
Wii = most eclectic Nintendo console ever confirmed.

I thought Suda said that he just wanted to work on Wii games for this generation (or he had 3 lined up after No More Heroes which I assume is probably the entirity of the generation). I could be wrong but he is a pretty hardcore Nintendo fan I believe.

Lobster

Banned
AlternativeUlster said:
I thought Suda said that he just wanted to work on Wii games for this generation (or he had 3 lined up after No More Heroes which I assume is probably the entirity of the generation). I could be wrong but he is a pretty hardcore Nintendo fan I believe.

Doesn't he have 1 other project thats rumoured to be on 360?

kizmah

Great news. I have only played the first FF and it scared the hell out of me. Awesome atmosphere and a real sense of dread in this one. I can see how this is going to benefit from being on Wii.

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
Lobster said:

I don't think he has ever said it though. I just read on Wikipedia that he has 2 more titles for the Wii after No More Heroes and he wants to do a Ps3 game influenced by Kafka. But yeah, it is Wikipedia.

Gallagher

Banned
Lobster said:

The last thing he said, that he wasnt doing something for 360 now but he was interested in it.

I guess Fatal Frame will be his third wii project out of 4 projects.

EktorPR

Fatal Frame! Made by Grasshopper! On Wii! :D

This is great news. Really. I'm liking this trend of "mature" games on Wii, simply because it shows that market research has proved that more and more 17+ audiences are buying it; be it for Wii Sports or whatever...it certainly has helped bag these exclusives. Bring more, Grasshopper! :D

@ Haunted: we're destined to have back-to-back posts until Brawl gets out, apparently. :lol

Gallagher said:
The last thing he said, that he wasnt doing something for 360 now but he was interested in it.

I guess Fatal Frame will be his third wii project out of 4 projects.

Actually the very last thing he is reported to have said about this was that he was really working on a 360 project... What is actually the priority level of this project compared to his other projects, and what are the chances of this project to end up going past the conceptual stage and to realize one day ? Well, who knows...

Arkaerial

Unconfirmed Member
BrodiemanTTR said:
I'm still waiting for the Wii horror game with a flashlight. Hello obvious cool idea.
So you're waiting for Doom 3 on the Wii? j/k

I don't care what system it's on, the only thing I wanted was the next Project Zero/Fatal Frame to have been done by Team Zero.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
WHAT

WHY DIDN'T ANYONE PAGE ME

kurayami-suda51.jpg

If there is anyone I'd like to see make a sick, twisted horror (or should I say trippy instead?) game on the Wii, it be that guy. Wii remote as camera and flashlight, could be ace

This is awesome
(And I've never even played Fatal Frame, haha)

Dascu

I don't know what's scarier. This thread or Fatal Frame itself.

Regardless, having not played much of Fatal Frame myself, I wouldn't have really cared about this announcement if not for three little things:

1) Grasshopper Manufacture.
2) 3rd-party hardcore gaming on the Wii.
3) Grasshopper Manufacture.

Now go on, and babble about your console wars. The Splorgenborg will be able to visually and controller-wise enhance any game on any system ever anyway, so people worried about controls or graphics just have to be a bit patient.

dark_chris

Infernal Monkey said:
They've already made one. :]

michigan1.jpg

It had virtually no gameplay, but still!

Awesome news though, loved the first two Project Zero's (third one.. not so much!)

I liked the Japanese cover more. =)

And the game doesn't actually take place in Michigan, but actually in Chicago

Linkhero1

Lobster said:
I don't think that is his project. I heard he's helping or something like that. I need to find the thread that had the information though.

Dascu

Linkhero1 said:
I don't think that is his project. I heard he's helping or something like that. I need to find the thread that had the information though.
No, he has an X360 project that he's already working on.

Amir0x said:
you're talking about an extremely specific type of control. I agree, when talking about games where you must aim or point (typically in first person), wiimote is certainly preferable to dual analog.
Well... then I guess we don't disagree as much as I thought.:lol

I think I see what you're getting at now though. Games that feature 3rd person camera control is what you're getting at. Come to think of it, that was your largest problem with Zelda TP wasn't it?

I'm of the opinion that a finely crafted camera is more important then full camera control. Mario Sunshine would have been better off without full camera control. The slower pacing of Zelda suits it just fine, but it was hardly a hindrance without it in TP.

Now I couldn't have lived without in KotOR. It just made somethings so much easier.

I call this thread "Fun times with Amirox... misinterpretations of the socially retarded."

Fady K

Ok, Fatal Frame for the Wii...im disappointed..BUT

when I read its from FREAKIN GRASSHOPPER, hyped. hyped. Hyped!!!

This is like a dream. Fatal Frame. By Suda's company.

Fatal Frame. By Suda's company.

I cant wait to see the changes G.M. will make to the series, in style and such.

EktorPR

k79 said:
New Fatal Frame game = awesome
On Wii = :(

I hope there will be a fatal frame game for PS3/360.

I hope there will be a Bioshock on Wii.

I hope there will be a Soul Calibur IV on Wii.

I hope there will be a *real* Final Fantasy on Wii.

I hope you would take into consideration other console owners, not just yourself.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Now that the arguing is done, let us talk about the possible changes that Wiimote control can bring to the Fatal Frame series.

And the possible mindfucks that Grasshopper and Suda 51 will bring to our heads.

JDSN

Banned
EktorPR said:
I hope there will be a Bioshock on Wii.

I hope there will be a Soul Calibur IV on Wii.

I hope there will be a *real* Final Fantasy on Wii.

I hope you would take into consideration other console owners, not just yourself.

Enjoy your ban!

icecream

Public Health Threat
GDGF said:
Now that the arguing is done, let us talk about the possible changes that Wiimote control can bring to the Fatal Frame series.
-Movement with the nunchuck
-Camera aiming, directional viewing with the wiimote
-Wiimote buttons used for film loading, switching, going in and out of camera mode
-Pointer used for certain puzzles

CaVaYeRo

AlternativeUlster said:
I don't think he has ever said it though. I just read on Wikipedia that he has 2 more titles for the Wii after No More Heroes and he wants to do a Ps3 game influenced by Kafka. But yeah, it is Wikipedia.

It's always a pleasure hanging with Goichi Suda. Guy's super-nice. So anyway, there we were this morning, chatting about No More Heroes, when I asked what he was up to now that the game was about ready to ship. He said Grasshopper were working on a new title, and that it would be appearing on the 360. Cue a frantic little exchange between Suda and his translator, but hey, you can't unsay stuff. He also said that the game would be a full, proper release, not an XBLA download.

kota

I was confused, but Project Zero seems like the real deal :p

Mithos

Looking forward to this game a lot...

And like ppl have said before.. would ALSO wanna see Clocktower Remake or Prequel/Sequel game for Wii.

tha_con

Banned
k79 said:
New Fatal Frame game = awesome
On Wii = :(

I hope there will be a fatal frame game for PS3/360.

Franchise that put up 'decent' numbers, but not a big seller, with an easy to port to Wii last generation engine = Fatal Frame Wii.

You can apply this formula to a lot of Wii titles. It's easier to take a last gen engine and port it to Wii as a new game, make some quick and easy cash, and then use that easy money to fun other projects.

The Wii is a developers wet dream, because it can fund so many projects for them, for virtually nothing.

There will be a Project Zero on PS3 and / or 360....in 2009, at the EARLIEST.

Linkup

later said:
Too bad grashopper sucks at graphics.

Used to think this until I saw the latest No More Heros footage. It's their choice of art direction that I typically don't like, but they are a fairly capable dev.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Grasshopper is starting to become a lot like Treasure to me: Everytime they make a game it has me very interested.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Is Suda actually directing it?
GHM has done games without him actaully as the lead on it.

Very interested, but slightly more dissapointed if he isn't the point man.

Top Bottom