• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Fatal Frame for the Wii!!

Flakster99

Cool announcement. Haven't played FF since the very first one on the PS2.

DreD said:
People bitch because they think Wii lacks hardcore games, but when these are announced, they whine and want them to be on PS360 instead? This shit is getting annoying...

Just wait till a higher profile game is (eventually) announced for the Wii. It will be epic and glorious.

Grecco

no controller out right now is PERFECT. 360 is just the best there currently is.

By calling it
phenomenal

your saying it is perfect. But its good you admit that the dpad blows. :D

Its good no quesiton but not perfect by any stretch. And i prefer wiimote in "some games" not all. I dont see why this is so odd or wrong. It works for some games well.

Oh and the Sixaxis blows. Dualshock was perfect. I despise the loosy goosy triggers.

Terrible.

Amir0x

Banned
Grecco said:
By calling it
phenomenal

your saying it is perfect. But its good you admit that the dpad blows. :D

Wait wait. You were taught by someone, somewhere.. that "phenomenal" means PERFECT? I need to meet your brilliant teacher :lol

d[-_-]b

Banned
Amir0x said:
Wait wait. You were taught by someone, somewhere.. that "phenomenal" means PERFECT? I need to meet your brilliant teacher :lol
:lol :lol :lol
haven't you hurt yourself enough for today, you need to take a break.

Amir0x

Banned
d[-_-]b said:
haven't you hurt yourself enough for today, you need to take a break.

I'm not sure if you have a reading issue, but I'm assuming that by putting in not one, not two, but THREE laughing smileys that you must have agreed that 'phenomenal' means 'perfect', in which case you must have had the same semi-retarded teacher Grecco did?

Or is those smileys just your prototypical Nintendo defense mechanism kicking in, the type launched when the only really alternative argument is, well, being a Nintendo fan?

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Thats unexpected. Grasshopper is a-okay in my book. I never really played the fatal frame games though, so, I'm not exactly tied to this series. Probably would be nice to see in HD, but, I'm hoping they nail the controls just right. If they can get the level of immersion to supersede the lack of HD, that will be even better than super pretty graphics.

Amir0x said:
no controller out right now is PERFECT. 360 is just the best there currently is.
And that's where I don't agree.

It's a comfy controller (the 360 pad), but the right analog stick doesn't offer the precision of the Pointer. It's literally not a contest to me. And we'll likely never agree on that.

I can suffice with a 360 pad for shooters, but to be at my best will require something a little more precise then moving a stick with severe aim assist. If you want to play that way go right ahead. I'll be doing the same soon enough. But I know what I prefer.

d[-_-]b

Banned
Amir0x said:
I'm not sure if you have a reading issue, but I'm assuming that by putting in not one, not two, but THREE laughing smileys that you must have agreed that 'phenomenal' means 'perfect', in which case you must have had the same semi-retarded teacher Grecco did?

Or is those smileys just your prototypical Nintendo defense mechanism kicking in, the type launched when the only really alternative argument is, well, being a Nintendo fan?
Please bitch more it's just so much fun, are you on a drinky/drohne type meltdown?

Maztorre

Amir0x said:

Amirox would you be a doll and drop the controller issue so that people can actually discuss the videogame this thread is about thankyouplease

Eteric Rice

Amir0x said:

Okay boys and girls, I think it's .gif time!

wallbash.gif

1190685119509.gif

1190690335705.gif

Now back to your regularly scheduled derailment.

Narag

d[-_-]b said:
Please bitch more it's just so much fun, are you on a drinky/drohne type meltdown?

What the hell is wrong with you?

Amir0x said:
so basically, you guys think that the d-pad issue is enough to change 360 controller from one of the greatest controllers, to just a good controller?

Its enough for me to rate it lower. I've always been partial to the original Dual Shock and SNES controlllers and I can't stand an iffy d-pad.

Amir0x said:

Just a little further.

We're hitting nuclear levels here.

Tristam

Holy shit this thread is a trainwreck. Come on boys: it's Fatal Frame. As fun as it may be, it's not worth the meltdowns.

Amir0x

Banned
Thunder Monkey said:
And that's where I don't agree.

It's a comfy controller (the 360 pad), but the right analog stick doesn't offer the precision of the Pointer. It's literally not a contest to me. And we'll likely never agree on that.

I can suffice with a 360 pad for shooters, but to be at my best will require something a little more precise then moving a stick with severe aim assist. If you want to play that way go right ahead. I'll be doing the same soon enough. But I know what I prefer.

you're talking about an extremely specific type of control. I agree, when talking about games where you must aim or point (typically in first person), wiimote is certainly preferable to dual analog.

d[-_- said:
b]Please bitch more it's just so much fun, are you on a drinky/drohne type meltdown? LAUGHLAUGHLAUGH

Sheesh, another three laughing emoticons. I've gotta assume now that your keyboard is broken! A common fix to this is to unplug your keyboard (usb/socket) and then replug it in, this works a lot of the time

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Why are people allowed to slam the choice of Wii as the platform and then others get the mod treatment when trumpeting the Wii controls? I'm not accusing Amirox of flaiming and all that crap, but I do find his choice of targets in this thread a bit surprising.

Banned
Amir0x said:
no no, it can have every exclusive ever for all it wants. I'm not complaining about Fatal Frame at all. I was merely taking issue with the idea that it's controls OR graphics, since there is a system that offers both and it's called 360.
When the hell did 360 controllers achieve motion control? There are entire games the 360 can't do as well as the wiimote.

schuelma said:
Why are people allowed to slam the choice of Wii as the platform and then others get the mod treatment when trumpeting the Wii controls?

Because the persons slamming choice of Wii as the platform is a mod.

schuelma

PataHikari said:
Because the persons slamming the platform is a mod.

No, I want to get this straight- I don't think he's slamming the Wii as the platform at all- and his first post in this thread shows that. I just think he's being a bit inconsistent in where to spread his wrath.

Amir0x

Banned
PataHikari shares a similar reading problem, I see.

I will quote myself since this tends to make it easier:

Amir0x said:
no no, it can have every exclusive ever for all it wants. I'm not complaining about Fatal Frame at all. I was merely taking issue with the idea that it's controls OR graphics, since there is a system that offers both and it's called 360.

Now for the important part! I don't care if Fatal Frame ends up on Gizmondo! I was only taking issue with the specific point that SOMEONE ELSE brought up that you can have power, or you can have control as if they were separate. You can have both, another platform already proves this was my argument.

Man Pata and d[-_-]b, must be something in your drinking waters.

schuelma said:
No, I want to get this straight- I don't think he's slamming the Wii as the platform at all- and his first post in this thread shows that. I just think he's being a bit inconsistent in where to spread his wrath.
OK then here's a different explantion.

In general if you even mention an opinion contrary to his within 20 yards he jumps you like a rabid lemur.

As you shall see in a moment as I bravely sacrifice myself.
Amir0x said:
Now for the important part! I don't care if Fatal Frame ends up on Gizmondo! I was only taking issue with the specific point that SOMEONE ELSE brought up that you can have power, or you can have control as if they were separate. You can have both, another platform already proves this was my argument.

Wii controls > Xbox controls. The remote is more comfortable to hold and motion control is superior to button presses in terms of fun Not in pretty pictures which you value so much (and even then only in terms of how many polygon-dicks they wave rather then actual art style)

Eteric Rice

Amir0x said:

How about...

You either choose power or good motion controls?

Would that be satisfactory, or will you try to tell me that the PS3 has better motion controls?

Tristam

Amir0x is correct: controls and graphics aren't mutually exclusive.

Nonetheless, some games are so perfectly suited to the Wii Remote's pointer (e.g., first person shooters, as Amir0x pointed out) that I'm not worried about sacrificing HD graphics in favor of the control scheme.

Amir0x

Banned
oh ok guys sorry for jumping on you like a rabid lemur, next time I'll make sure to pad my words with flowers and unicorns so as not to offend your weak constitutions. I'll make it more in line with a slightly irritated porcupine, if that's ok with Pata.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
schuelma said:
Eh it happens now and then with Amirox. He gets himself into an argument with posters and persists at it till Dragona or someone else tells him to stop hyperventilating and get over it. Just ignore him and move on.

mepaco

Amir0x said:

Just to be clear, only the first part of my statement was directed at you. My comments about the hate for Fatal Frame coming to Wii was directed at others in the thread. Having said that, maybe I misread it but I think the original comparison came from the level of immersion the different aspects provide (either increased controller immersion or increased graphical immersion), which is an either/or scenario.

Amir0x said:
oh ok guys sorry for jumping on you like a rabid lemur, next time I'll make sure to pad my words with flowers and unicorns so as not to offend your weak constitutions. I'll make it more in line with a slightly irritated porcupine, if that's ok with Pata.

You just need to be given shots.

Lots of shots.

Amir0x said:

Well they are Nintendo fans...

Amir0x

Banned
DeaconKnowledge said:
I find it funny that everyone Amir0x argues with suddenly acquires a "reading problem". It couldn't be Amir0x, no sir.

This would generally be a good argument if you can actually show how they read my comments right, as opposed to factually incorrect which I pointed out with my OWN quotes of my OWN posts.

Eteric Rice

DeaconKnowledge said:
I find it funny that everyone Amir0x argues with suddenly acquires a "reading problem". It couldn't be Amir0x, no sir.

It's a conspiracy! :lol

One thing I love about the internet, it's like a big court room. Everyone tries to use everyone's words against them. :D

Amir0x said:
This would generally be a good argument if you can actually show how they read my comments right, as opposed to factually incorrect which I pointed out with my OWN quotes of my OWN posts.

You do a pretty good job of making it seem like you're arguing for one thing.

It's not a stretch to assume that because of the way you bash everything about the Wii left and right that you were against the game being put on the Wii. I did not read every post in the thread and did not see that one, even then if it weren't for that one post would anyone think you didn't care?

mepaco

Amir0x said:

Actually, it was your initial misunderstanding of the issue at hand that created this whole thing.

IzumiK said:
Snatcher. If it'll happen, who knows. But so far it seems that Kojima is enjoying MGS4 development than he had when he was still in Konami. If you were in control and you told Kojima that MGS4 had to be on the Wii, we'd most likely won't see MGS4. That's the argument here is that Fatal Frame benefits far more from graphical immersion than motion controls. And the publishers just go the way that makes money.

Eteric Rice said:
No, it's not a fact, that's an opinion. For many, RE4 was waaay more enjoyable on the Wii than the other systems.

Stop trying to pass your bullshit as fact, thanks. Some people prefer controls, some prefer visuals.

Amir0x said:
heh, you say that as if they're separate. on the systems with "power and visuals", you still get great controls. i don't think i've ever had to choose, have you?

The discussion was over graphical immersion vs controller immersion, not about whether the Wii controllers were just better in general.

Amir0x

Banned
PataHikari said:
You do a pretty good job of making it seem like you're arguing for one thing.

It's not a stretch to assume that because of the way you bash everything about the Wii left and right that you were against the game being put on the Wii. I did not read every post in the thread and did not see that one, even then if it weren't for that one post would anyone think you didn't care?

Ok, just so everyone sees and reads this clearly because right here is the problem.

I'll bold the sentence.

It's not a stretch to assume that because of the way you bash everything about the Wii left and right that you were against the game being put on the Wii.

Ya see, guys, this is the problem. I won't recant the fifth grader knowledge, but you know what they say about assuming. It's probably just better to take an extra five seconds and read what is being said. For future justice.

Now back on Fatal Frame Wii

mepaco said:
The discussion was over graphical immersion vs controller immersion, not about whether the Wii controllers were just better in general.

Actually, if you read the comment being made there, he just says "graphical immersion" vs. "motion controllers" not "immersion via motion controls." I'm pretty sure that can be interpreted both ways, if we're going to get into a semantical debate. Which is pointless, since I was responding to Eteric's "Some people prefer controls. Some people prefer visuals."

Banned
mepaco said:
No dude, were all just on a witch hunt to persecute poor Ami. Heaven forbid all this shit is his fault.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
AfunkyArcadeStick said:
This

This is the big head popping announcement they had planned?

Fatal Frame system seller confirmed?

Just get the fuck out Capcom.
At least it's not Castlevania! :lol

AfunkyArcadeStick said:
This

This is the big head popping announcement they had planned?

Fatal Frame system seller confirmed?

Just get the fuck out Capcom.

Don't worry, I'm sure they'll announce the new Castlevania soon.

Edit: damn, too slow.

d[-_-]b

Banned
Amir0x said:
I'm glad we agree it's your fault, don't let it happen next time.

Amir0x

Banned
No dude, were all just on a witch hunt to persecute poor Ami. Heaven forbid all this shit is his fault.

You guys can get as cagey as you want, but the reason this shit happens is because some of you can't take five fucking seconds to sit down and fucking read line by line what is being said, decide if it's worth responding to, and moving the fuck on.

My comment had nothing to do with Fatal Frame, it was in response to this:

Eteric Rice said:
Some people prefer controls, some prefer visuals.

Everything stemmed from that point. My ONLY argument was that you don't have to choose, this concept that you have to choose is bullshit. Is this position of mine somehow trolling, and if so how would you classify such a logical fucking opinion as trolling in the future?

You can go "bu bu bu it's Amir0x's fault he's a mod so obviously people are gonna respond" to time infinite, but as long as you guys read and make intelligent responses instead of knee jerk reactions, we'd avoid 99% of these derailments. GUARANTEED.

schuelma

I think if Eteric had said "motion sensitive" controls this could have been avoided.

Top Bottom