• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Fatal Frame for the Wii!!

Yama

All right, after the initial shock (this was said to be a PS3 game in 2006) I think it can work quite well. The presentation of the previous titles was top knotch. The Wii can definitely match and add some polish to the PlayStation 2 level graphics. Atmosphere is a huge part in Fatal Frame, so while I would love to see what could have been on a next-gen powerhouse, I'm willing to accept more of the same.

Controls are where the fourth installment will benefit the most. If you play Fatal Frame you already know the controls are a bit complex. You can select between a 2D/3D control scheme for exploration and then the camera in various ways. My selected scheme was always 3D (Biohazard) and using the camera like a FPS.

If the game follows it's predecessors, the Wiimote+nunchuck combo will be perfect. Left hand to move/explore, right hand to move the flashlight (left/right/up/down regardless of position - more or less like the analog stick). Trigger on nunchuck brings up camera, move the Wiimote for aiming. It'd go from a complex scheme to efortless.

Bring on the info, just don't make it a first person-only adventure.

vilmer_

The way I see it, if the new Fatal Frame is like the hellish nightmare of the original, there will be plenty of heart attacks and kids with mental disorders. The original is one of the scariest and most disturbing games you will EVER play. I can see this being returned/burned very fast after your average joe decides to give it a try. I don't see this game being embraced by the Wii community, but what the hell do I know? It may encourage more paranormal investigations :D

Fady K

Man, I still can't believe its coming from Grasshopper. I really can't wait to see more on this game once No More Heroes is out.

Meh. I love horror, but while Fatal Frame 2 is more frightening than any game or movie I've ever played/seen, it simply is not fun. Hopefully Grasshopper can manage to make this one scary and fun.

I am so looking forward to this game. I am glad developers are finally putting some of their franchises on the Wii instead of just making them for the HD systems. The past Fatal Frames were goon on the PS2 and X-box , so this too should be good. This Series, along with Resdient Evil 4, and Enternal Darkness were my favorite horror games form last gen.

Bishman

No More Heroes development should be done now and development for Fatal Frame should be starting now. Please turn out good!

Dascu

Bishman said:
Anyone hear any news about Fatal Frame for the Wii yet?
No.

On a side note: Any news about the Suda/Mikami collaboration yet? They were supposed to give more info last Summer.

Top Bottom