• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next gen advancement in games.

Three

What do you see as possible advances in gameplay that next gen hardware would promote?

I will start with an example.

If next gen has a SSD I see a lot more accessible worlds. Higher speed vechiles and traversal. Imagine a GTA where you can walk into every building with little to no loading times. The issue would come from game size and content creation.

With streaming and cloud, imagine Crazy Kens vision coming true. Huge google maps type worlds.

What do you see changing in future games and what hardware innovation would allow it?

PS5's audio chip will help incentive developers to start pushing spatialized 3D audio propagation, which will be a big step up in audio solutions.

PSVR2 will almost certainly have eye-tracking and probably hand and/or body-tracking, so expect to see multiplayer gaming and AI interaction completely redefined, though PC VR headsets will take this a lot further with realistic facial tracking.

Cloud gaming is harder to pinpoint in terms of latency, but at the very least we can expect various data structures to be offloaded to the cloud, enabling higher player counts.

Last edited:

MagnesG

Banned
I want some of them to step back and experiment their game design more on AA games, too much fail safe AAA game designs. I understand though when you're a public company and you have to listen investors etc. But even then, please take a risk at times, even BOTW took a risk on alienating their fanbase.

Anything else not focusing on creating fun in design would be either a waste of money, time and effort. Which pretty much sums up all tech advancement nowadays, feels shallow at best. Take FFXV or Anthem for example.

Always more ram more and more ram because ram is always the bottleneck, you can have any type or specie of ssd but if it's not used as ram then say goodbye to bigger world's n high speed

Top Bottom