• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

thelastword

Banned
DG looks better, but SoD got better reviews.

It's like PUBG (which has got to be one of the worst looking and jankiest shooters I can remember). But it got great reviews and people love playing the game even though in the first year it was same single map.

More to a game than looks.
Really, do you guys even substantiate before posting, I mean why?

I had to do a double take because on XBOX-ONE SOD is 66% with a 5.3 User rating and Days Gone is a 71% with an 8.1 user rating.....So which got the better reviews again? Don't know how these things work.....

Nickolaidas

Anyone claiming a studio has been bought already we would know. Any large monetary exchange especially if it's a publicly trading company would of been discovered by now. I'm fairly certain at this point certain people on this forum are just saying things people want to hear.
Sounds like you have a fan, Osiris.

Nickolaidas

We don't have a say in this, mate. One of the biggest corporations on Earth wants to take over the gaming industry.
When they finally have it under control, this hobby is going to be a lot less fun. In fact, it has already been going downhill since the early 2000s...
Eh, gaming gets better and better for me, and I'm forty. I mean, today I have mk11 and in 2000 I had ... mk4? Yeah, 2000's gaming can burn, for all I care.

Opinion. Always.

Dolodolo

No need to be so defensive. Osiris is a reliable insider but you don’t have to believe what he says. We’ll find out eventually anyway.
What is the defense ? He doesn't know about games launching
If he knew, he could list some of them, as I can
Just thoughts, right?)

Brudda26

Sounds like you have a fan, Osiris.
Not really, people saying things without any evidence or proof. Those things playing into exactly what people want to hear. It's kind of amusing seeing people talk about how microsoft should acquire a Japanese studio(before phil even made that tweet) then behold the next day you've got someone saying stuff that points to just that.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Oh I see certain posters are back (end of previous page) on the “it doesn’t have any exclusives” bullshit train.

Choo choo... I swear you guys come more regular than actual trains. Do you have a postive Xbox news tracker on your account or something?

“Shit, somebody posted something vaguely positive but unconfirmed either way about Xbox! I must remind everybody how shit they are! Quick Robin, to the no-exclusives cave!”

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Really, do you guys even substantiate before posting, I mean why?

I had to do a double take because on XBOX-ONE SOD is 66% with a 5.3 User rating and Days Gone is a 71% with an 8.1 user rating.....So which got the better reviews again? Don't know how these things work.....

qJkaHWX.gif

Just play the damn games man! Some of my favourite games this generation have reviewed like ass, and some of the best reviewed games have played like utter shite to me!

Reviews are utterly pointless in this day and age because the reviewer has different tastes to you.

So just play the games you enjoy, don’t play the games you don’t like the look of, and take risks every now and then to find new things.

RasAlGhoul

Oh I see certain posters are back (end of previous page) on the “it doesn’t have any exclusives” bullshit train.

Choo choo... I swear you guys come more regular than actual trains. Do you have a postive Xbox news tracker on your account or something?

“Shit, somebody posted something vaguely positive but unconfirmed either way about Xbox! I must remind everybody how shit they are! Quick Robin, to the no-exclusives cave!”

Well to be fair MS straight up said they wouldn’t have any first party exclusives. No one is making a big logic leap there.

As far as third party exclusives go I fully expected some money hats to the Series X for “console exclusive” To be said a bunch at E3.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Well to be fair MS straight up said they wouldn’t have any first party exclusives. No one is making a big logic leap there.

As far as third party exclusives go I fully expected some money hats to the Series X for “console exclusive” To be said a bunch at E3.

But there are multiple new exclusives coming, that you won’t get on playstation. Loads in fact. Unless a missed a big press release where Phil mentioned Halo going to PlayStation?

Just because they play on pc too doesn’t matter, and in this day and age, matters even less, what with Sony going through same route.

If you want an Xbox exclusive, you play it on an Xbox ecosystem. They don’t care if that’s Xbox one, Xbox one X, Xbox series X, or windows. But that doesn’t mean there are no exclusives, and that’s an utterly silly thing to say and think.

RasAlGhoul

But there are multiple new exclusives coming, that you won’t get on playstation. Loads in fact. Unless a missed a big press release where Phil mentioned Halo going to PlayStation?

Just because they play on pc too doesn’t matter, and in this day and age, matters even less, what with Sony going through same route.

If you want an Xbox exclusive, you play it on an Xbox ecosystem. They don’t care if that’s Xbox one, Xbox one X, Xbox series X, or windows. But that doesn’t mean there are no exclusives, and that’s an utterly silly thing to say and think.

Sure. But I don’t need to buy a 500 dollar Series X to play those games. I can play halo on a 2013 Xbox One. People are talking about Series X having no exclusives. And bending peoples thoughts to make it into something more is an utterly silly thing to say and think.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Sure. But I don’t need to buy a 500 dollar Series X to play those games. I can play halo on a 2013 Xbox One. People are talking about Series X having no exclusives. And bending peoples thoughts to make it into something more is an utterly silly thing to say and think.

Nobody is bending anything. This is a tired and stupid thing to even talk about. Hey, I don’t need to buy a playstation, because Horizon and Death Stranding and FFVII and Dreams and likely other games not out yet will be on pc. I mean, my rig would run them far better than even the PS5 will run them, so I guess playstation has no exclusives either?

This is all an utterly pointless thing to talk about that only fan girls moan about. You should be celebrating more people getting the chance to enjoy what you love, not crying because somebody with utterly terrible sub par hardware can play the game too in some form.

I’m happy games can be played in more places. So should you be.

Last edited:

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I was solidly in camp PS5. Mostly for MLB The Show. Now I’m not so sure. Especially since in 2021 I can play that elsewhere.
This is going to be one heck of an intersecting next six months or so.

RasAlGhoul

Nobody is bending anything. This is a tired and stupid thing to even talk about. Hey, I don’t need to buy a playstation, because Horizon and Death Stranding and FFVII and Dreams and likely other games not out yet will be on pc. I mean, my rig would run them far better than even the PS5 will run them, so I guess playstation has no exclusives either?

This is all an utterly pointless thing to talk about that only fan girls moan about. You should be celebrating more people getting the chance to enjoy what you love, not crying because somebody with utterly terrible sub par hardware can play the game too in some form.

Please point to a post in which I’ve cried about games being available on more platforms. I’ll wait.

Gediminas

Banned

so rumor = real facts.

very reasonable approach!

Nickolaidas

I'm getting really tired of this console warring crap. Exclusives, non exclusives, terraflop comparisons as if we're comparing who has the bigger dick ...

Can't we just speculate on the games and features of the new consoles?

I mean, seriously, if there are no news, lets leave this thread be for a while and come back when there's a new tweet, rumor or leak.

Jesus.

Gediminas

Banned
I thought that was what we were all doing in this thread 🤣

You literally just said that Xbox has no exclusives, because they can be played on pc, You’re the one whinging sir, not me.
no no, you misunderstood, or just dodging.

there are rumors that some PS games coming to PC.
real facts is that xbox games are on PC already.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
no no, you misunderstood, or just dodging.

there are rumors that some PS games coming to PC.
real facts is that xbox games are on PC already.

Death Stranding is confirmed, Horizon is all but confirmed and is very likely, Dreams rumoured etc.

And that’s all ok. I mean, does it matter...?

What makes you think that Forza Motorsport, a series that never in its history got delayed, and that got an extended development period of time (usually 2 years, now 3) will get delayed? Why a games that was the first to appear on the very first trailer of Series X wont be there on day one? Turn 10 is a damn swiss clock, they just dont miss dates. Not since its inception.
but i'm not saying it will be delayed, nor that the game is in some sort of trouble (how the fuck should i know?)
just a hunch

We don't have a say in this, mate. One of the biggest corporations on Earth wants to take over the gaming industry.
When they finally have it under control, this hobby is going to be a lot less fun. In fact, it has already been going downhill since the early 2000s...

funny thing is, Sony has behaved more corporate than MS has. For quite some time now actually. Both buy up studios, both buy up timed exclusivity (MS to a far less extent than Sony did this gen), but the xbox brand/ecosystem has been far more consumer friendly at least since 2014

TLZ

Banned
I'm getting really tired of this console warring crap. Exclusives, non exclusives, terraflop comparisons as if we're comparing who has the bigger dick ...

Can't we just speculate on the games and features of the new consoles?

I mean, seriously, if there are no news, lets leave this thread be for a while and come back when there's a new tweet, rumor or leak.

Jesus.
What is this blasphemy? A sane poster?!

giphy.gif

Funny thing is and I won’t quote anyone in particular I already posted this same thing a few days ago when I first heard about it. Now it’s just official. Thanks Phil. Also you’re absolutely right if an entire studio had been purchased you would have heard about it by now.

So, have MS bought some IPs? Or just bought some 3rd party exclusivity? Is it Elden Ring...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom