• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moneal

Did their specs get out before that last time? I remember we were pretty sure it was weaker and they were vague during their reveal (8 billion transistors and space age tech) but didn't know if it was fully detailed by GDC
A guy actually accidentally received one instead of a laptop he ordered in March 2013.

LED Guy?

Banned
Did their specs get out before that last time? I remember we were pretty sure it was weaker and they were vague during their reveal (8 billion transistors and space age tech) but didn't know if it was fully detailed by GDC
Yeah, in fact, their final full specs came out in January 2013, way before the Xbox One reveal.

And GDC 2013 even confirmed the leaks as true, you remember the 1.23 TFlops that Xbox One had?

Moneal

Lol holy shit so I guess we knew before GDC then that's pretty bad
no reading the story the whole thing was kept hush hush till 2016.

Edit: seemed the guy just wanted his laptop. attempted to sell the xbox to Endgaget or return it to MS so he could get his laptop. He could have definitely got some real internet fame.

Last edited:

M-V2

The leaks come from 3rd party developers, so it doesn't matter if Sony attended or not. We will sure have specs leaked at that time.
So what we have now?? 12tf & 9.2tf, all these are leaks & rumors, so Sony won't intend GDC means nothing new, it's just the same old leaks running in circles until Sony officially say something.

LED Guy?

Banned
So what we have now?? 12tf & 9.2tf, all these are leaks & rumors, so Sony won't intend GDC means nothing new, it's just the same old leaks running in circles until Sony officially say something.
You don't get it, I'm saying the GDCs that are at the same year with next-gen consoles' releases always have legitimate leaks that you can take for granted because all developers talk at that time will be about the technologies powering the next-generation of games and all that, so 100% specs will be leaked by that time and you will see Kotaku and the like reporting on them at GDC 2020 time.

kretos

Banned
Can't they just wear masks instead of cancelling

jyJ5bQc.gif

M-V2

You don't get it, I'm saying the GDCs that are at the same year with next-gen consoles' releases always have legitimate leaks that you can take for granted because all developers talk at that time will be about the technologies powering the next-generation of games and all that, so 100% specs will be leaked by that time and you will see Kotaku and the like reporting on them at GDC 2020 time.

You don't seem to understand 3rd party or 1st party devs won't leak anything, they already have the devkits, if they want to leak something then they would've already leaked it. What else? Journalists? They don't know a thing unless Sony goes to GDC then we would see some journalists leak a few stuff. This time is very different. I know you're trying to convince yourself because of the lack of information but the reality is totally different this time around.

DaGwaphics

I thought we were at both above 12tf? I can't keep up from day to day.

M-V2

I thought we were at both above 12tf? I can't keep up from day to day.
I mean the leaks & rumors that suggest 12tf (Insiders) 9.2tf (GitHub)

I believe in what OsirisBlack said but I'm just mentioning the leaks that already exists.

I have been Lurking on the Forum for years. I been tracking this thread for months. I Got some info second hand the beginning of November 2019. I have debated about posting it. I wanted so long to post because I didn’t want to feed fanboyism. So I wanted to people and the Fanboyism died down.
I decide to post what I heard from a few different people in the industry.

For the Record I’m not A insider these are things I heard from 2 different people that have love ones who work in the Industry. So Here is what I heard and I know. I can not confirm this Info is still 100% accurate or anything has changed in the info I was given. This info is from early November 2019. This Info was Given in person at a Social Event/ Hangout with Family and Friends.

The PS5 Target Specs for Devs is 10TF 13Gbps for Memory and Cpu running at 3.4 with One core Locked out to Devs. I was told Sony has spoken with Devs about upping the Memory allotment to 16Gbps by adding More Ram for The OS.

I was Told some PS5 Debug Kits has higher TF count then Target Specs. Those Debug Kits where for Studio’s that have made VR games or working on VR Games.

I was told Devs wasn’t happy with early prototype PSVR2 headsets. Sony is working with Devs and want to launch PSVR2 in 2021

I was told there was 2 different prototypes for DS5 controller and a 3rd was supposed to be shipped to Devs. At this point and time I assume 3rd DS5 controller is in Devs hands now.

PS5 SSD supposed to be around 5GB transfer Data rate.

I can not confirm if this Info is still correct for the PS5 as February 2020. This Info is from November 2019.

This is all the Info for the Xbox Series X.

Devs was told Target was 11TF then changed to 12TF. 13Gbps for Memory. 3.7 GHz and a core locked out to Devs.

Xbox SSD is around 4 GBs of transfer data speed.

Rumored Xbox Series Launch date November 13th 2020

I can’t confirm if this is still accurate or not.

Bonus Info I heard.

EA delayed BF6 working title to 2021 because I heard they are planning to skip PS4 and Xbox One with the next BF title. Plans are to make it Next Gen Only.

Like I said this Info is from November 2019 and I don’t know how accurate it is as of February 2020.

Night.Ninja

Banned
I have been Lurking on the Forum for years. I been tracking this thread for months. I Got some info second hand the beginning of November 2019. I have debated about posting it. I wanted so long to post because I didn’t want to feed fanboyism. So I wanted to people and the Fanboyism died down.

For the Record I’m not A insider these are things I heard from 2 different people that have love ones who work in the Industry. So Here is what I heard and I know. I can not confirm this Info is still 100% accurate or anything has changed in the info I was given. This info is from early November 2019. This Info was Given in person at a Social Event/ Hangout with Family and Friends.

The PS5 Target Specs for Devs is 10TF 13Gbps for Memory and Cpu running at 3.4 with One core Locked out to Devs. I was told Sony has spoken with Devs about upping the Memory allotment to 16Gbps by adding More Ram for The OS.

I was Told some PS5 Debug Kits has higher TF count then Target Specs. Those Debug Kits where for Studio’s that have made VR games or working on VR Games.

I was told Devs wasn’t happy with early prototype PSVR2 headsets. Sony is working with Devs and want to launch PSVR2 in 2021

I was told there was 2 different prototypes for DS5 controller and a 3rd was supposed to be shipped to Devs. At this point and time I assume 3rd DS5 controller is in Devs hands now.

I can not confirm if this Info is still correct for the PS5 as February 2020. This Info is from November 2019.

Devs was told Target was 11TF then changed to 12TF. 13Gbps for Memory. 3.7 GHz and a core locked out to Devs.

Bonus Info I heard.

EA delayed BF6 working title to 2021 because I heard they are planning to skip PS4 and Xbox One with the next BF title. Plans are to make it Next Gen Only.

Like I said this Info is from November 2019 and I don’t know how accurate it is as of February 2020.

Frontline warriors

giphy.gif

LED Guy?

Banned
You don't seem to understand 3rd party or 1st party devs won't leak anything, they already have the devkits, if they want to leak something then they would've already leaked it. What else? Journalists? They don't know a thing unless Sony goes to GDC then we would see some journalists leak a few stuff. This time is very different. I know you're trying to convince yourself because of the lack of information but the reality is totally different this time around.
Most of the leaks are from 3rd party developers LOL!! Of course they get asked a lot by Journalists and the like.

Last edited:

Xiung Wang Wei

Neo Member
PS4 Pro 4TF ---> PS5 10TF
Xbox One X 6 TF ---> Xbox Series X 12TF

sounds logical
2 similar hardwares, from the same manufacturor, launched at the same time

Hmm.

Would line up with preliminary indications of XSX being more powerful, but that's more around 2TFs difference.

Lines up with theories of Sony having further along kits than what was initially out there, or upclocking in reaction to Microsoft's 12TF announcement, which may explain their silence.

Time will tell. They'll speak.....

S

O

O

N

-_-

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Hmm.

Would line up with preliminary indications of XSX being more powerful, but that's more around 2TFs difference.

Lines up with theories of Sony having further along kits than what was initially out there, or upclocking in reaction to Microsoft's 12TF announcement, which may explain their silence.

Time will tell. They'll speak.....

S

O

O

N

-_-

Stop.. saying... SOON
the-everygirl-friday-roundup-computer.gif

Andodalf

Banned
Sony gunna shock us and PS5 will actually be vita 2, that's whats taking so long. They put out the new DS4 attatchment to re introduce back touch to the masses.

Sinthor

Gold Member
Gamestop is a sinking ship IMO. Look at their financials for 2018 and 2019.

Wouldn’t be surprised if it files for Bankruptcy in a couple of years (same as Toys R Us).

You know....I don't use Game Stop a whole lot but I DO go from time to time. I don't buy everything digital...though with the BC this coming gen I'm thinking I will likely be MORE digital, especially with the PS4 titles I still think I'll want to play (I'm looking at YOU...Dark Souls II & III !). But even the people who talk very negatively about Game Stop I think may end up missing it just a bit when and if it's gone. I mean...having a place where you CAN go and look at various games..pick up the covers to games you hadn't even heard about and read about them and see the screenshots... there's something about that.

I mean seriously, I've found so many games there, that I had NEVER heard of online and a few of those titles I've actually really enjoyed. I would have never even known about them if Game Stop wasn't there for me to go and browse. The people there have always been at least decent- sometimes some of them have even been GREAT and stayed at that store for a few years, which is nice. I think they take a lot of heat and a good deal of it isn't deserved.

I know the thought of having to go to a Best Buy or Target to browse for games and then knowing that only the mainstream titles will be there- no more finding some hidden gem that you hadn't heard of before- makes me feel like it would be sub par compared to how things are now.

So I hope Game Stop can keep going and I hope they stay open and relevant as a chain. It was sad watching chains like Blockbuster shuttered and closed and we shouldn't forget all the PEOPLE that something like that would affect for the worse as well. Companies are more than just faceless entities...people and families live by working for them and depend on them. Don't forget as well that Game Stop and other stores like that represent someone's dream. Someone had the idea for that store, put it into action and built a large business based on their idea. To have that fail is the death of that person's dream as well and the end of all the blood, sweat and tears put into the business by that person or persons, as well as all who worked for them over the years. I don't think that's anything to cheer for. Life is rough enough on this planet as it is.

Maybe. I really don't know they'd wait that long, but who knows.

This Covid-19 has caused some serious issues.

I still feel like they'll throw us something before then, even if it is another Wired article.

saintjules

Sony seems to be dragging this out. I dunno. Maybe if they’re doing a polished SoP they started doing it the first of the year and it’s just taking a while to put together

I think their State of Play episodes thus far have been mainly weak because we're reaching the end of the current generation. It mainly consisted of VR/indie titles with a sprinkle here and there of the final big games of the Console.

I think SOP's presentation layout would need to change in order for it to be taken serious for next-gen. I dunno, it just doesn't look like the right place for the reveal. Maybe a separate online based event. I think Sony has been swaying that way for a while now.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member

Bonus Info I heard.

oRKZvYA.png

Sinthor

Gold Member
Now starting to think we won’t get any info till April at the earliest.

Really is a bummer. Sony has to make up for it with a fantastic show

Well, they've already told us on pricing they're waiting to see what MS does. For the other factors, features are probably up in the air due to the Covid and/or market shortage issues. So they can't FIRMLY announce for example if it will have 16GB RAM or 18GB RAM. Sounds like they are also not yet quite on final dev kits or just have issued those. That would be the point they're locked as far as features and power (pretty much except for clock adjustments). I'm sure they planned on a larger reveal towards the end of Feb or here in March at one of these shows but those plans have all now been cancelled due to the Corona virus. So yes, there will be a delay in announcement most likely. I'm sure they're scrambling to figure out what to reveal digitally and exactly how to do that. Maybe a Wired article is already planned but the event it was supposed to come after is canceled? So they have things to figure out. I'm sure this has thrown MS into a bit of a tailspin as well. Bottom line, they'll get it all figured out and announce it as soon as they believe it is to their advantage to do so.

Meanwhile we can all dream...and speculate. Regardless of when this is revealed, I'm all up on that HYPE TRAIN. Right now! Let's GOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Sinthor

Gold Member
A conference is different from a media event

I don’t see why they would cancel a media event due to the virus

I hear you. But it's possible that things have been stirred up far more than we know. Or, it's also possible, especially if the higher estimates and 'leaks' about performance would indicate are true, that things are coming together in their final shape relatively late. There may be some key part or piece that even BOTH are waiting on to be fully deliverable. We know some fairly major things like memory amounts have been changed in the past...why not some other component that they are waiting on to be fully 'released' or available? In the end, there has to be SOME reason that both MS and Sony are being so tight lipped. With MS showing their box already, I would have expected some more details or hype from them by now as well. I think something's up and we may even be looking at a delay for these systems being released. Wouldn't be the first time that release schedules for hardware have slipped. I don't really think we're looking at a system delay right now, but it's possible and that surely would match up with events and conferences being cancelled as well. It's more likely though that there are just some delays due to component shortages and the Corona virus and they are hoping that things clear up more over the next 30 days. They don't want to start releasing their drabs of hype and information until they themselves are SURE that they can meet their release schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom