• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

demigod

He said RDNA 1 not 2. Even doubted RDNA 2 when someone mentioned the possibility on this thread.

There were also XBox insiders who even denied RDNA 2 (one name that starts with an H, I forgot)
Seems like no one's information is 100% accurate.

I went back to check his posts, you're right, he never said 2.

Of course he did. And he was right.

Nope he's not right, see above.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Just to flip it a second...

You all know that all Sony hd to do is show footage of a next gen game and it would knock all this right out of the public view right?

Like if they dropped a Demons Souls trailer, or God Of War or something, Xbox would be down the news list?

And this is what’s so puzzling to everybody, it’s that Sony doesn’t even have to release specs to be heavily talked about. They released a fucking logo that some intern knocked up in 2 minutes and look what happened.

At this stage Sonys silence is deafening.

It has only been a few hours since MS's drop. Companies don't react on a dime like fanatics expect them to.

You said it yourself, if they drop some tidbit, it will move Xbox down on the list. They know this, I am sure.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
It has only been a few hours since MS's drop. Companies don't react on a dime like fanatics expect them to.

You said it yourself, if they drop some tidbit, it will move Xbox down on the list. They know this, I am sure.

The post was more about how Sony haven’t done anything... at all.

Like I get it, they are worried about shows and things. Hell they may even be worried about what Ms is up to.

But they know the number of people with eyes on them asking for anything at all.

Just seem strange to have essentially zero from them. Doesn’t sit right does it?

On Demand

Banned
What I get from this is that the TF number is part of marketing. All that confusing GCN/RDNA fiasco

Albert Penello mentioned on desetera how do you advertise to the consumer the increase in performance over last generation even though the teraflop numbers don't exactly show that increase?

He was speaking about lockheart's 4tf being compared to xb1x's 6tf.

So yeah i still believe Sony and MS will be playing RDNA GCN game.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
The post was more about how Sony haven’t done anything... at all.

Like I get it, they are worried about shows and things. Hell they may even be worried about what Ms is up to.

But they know the number of people with eyes on them asking for anything at all.

Just seem strange to have essentially zero from them. Doesn’t sit right does it?

They were the first to drop the Wired articles, not once but twice. They have also reiterated in interviews about ray tracing when people were having mental gymnastics.

I think this is just too much concern trolling.

He put 12 TF and 9.8 TF in quotes. We know MS is 12TF, he's clearly questioning what is meant by "TF"
I go based on what he has written down. I do not assume intent based on just a few quotation marks. You're basically just affirming what he has said about "taking too many things for granted".

All he's saying is that if the XSex is 12TF, then the claim that the PS5 is 9.2TF is not true. Don't blame me that Occam's Razor is inconvenient for you.

Anyway I still think that Sony is losing the battle of marketing. PS5 is much stronger than the Xbox brand and their cards are not playing well, MS is generating hype with its console showing great confidence. Sony at the moment with the statement on its website and its silence is generating doubts and uncertainty. They convey little confidence and that is not good. I speak only from the commercial and advertising point of view.

Andodalf

Banned
I go based on what he has written down. I do not assume intent based on just a few quotation marks. You're basically just affirming what he has said about "taking too many things for granted".

All he's saying is that if the XSex is 12TF, then the claim that the PS5 is 9.2TF is not true. Don't blame me that Occam's Razor is inconvenient for you.

Okay, I'll take him literally. XSX might not be 12 TF, MS just lied and is in for a PR nightmare.

hemo memo

Gold Member
They were the first to drop the Wired articles, not once but twice. They have also reiterated in interviews about ray tracing when people were having mental gymnastics.

I think this is just too much concern trolling.

2 Wired articles with the bare minimum and a logo and they are skipping every convention under the sun. Not really showing confidence.

SmokSmog

I made it back in early january.
0e4614b87115287cfad6508ca121db5a0956effb100e862479d3754ee768c9ee.gif

RaySoft

Your move Sony. Go Big or go home
Let's hope it's at least a 10TF RDNA2 fab. Since MS
That is called efficiency. 1TF of RDNA is better than 1TF of GCN. Everyone knows that. They said its 12TF RDNA. Not RDNA with a 12TF GCN equivalent.

Can someone please tell me what has to be posted by Xbox to stop this nonsense? I mean do they really need to footnote and say that 12TF RDNA is 12TF RDNA and not GCN equivalent besides them already stating that in their official release?

I swear I'm in crazy town.

Even if the Series X' probably is a "real" navi 12TF, why do they say just 2x the performance of the One X? Knowing corporations (who likes to over-sell things) my gut feeling when reading it was why didn't they just state; "more than 2x the performance"?, wich it really is in that case.
I know they throw in the 2x stuff for the "common man" to understand, but strange if you ask me.
If they'd either included "more than" or just omitted the whole "2x performance" comment all together, there wouldn't be anything to be suspicious about.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Nope nothing that I haven’t already said in the past. There are no various outs I said 11.6 they said 12 flat ok? My information from last year was .4 off I’m sorry. (Not really) I’m not claiming shit I’m just not changing my numbers. I don’t care what TF they wind up as I’ll own them both.

Edited to add:
Next gen I’ll just observe and keep whatever I know to myself.

Man, I know you're just probably fed up with all the crap you receive here. But remember, most of us here love your presents, you guys add a lot of flavor to the thread, without you it'll either end up with console/PCvsConsole wars or off topic talk. It hurts whenever I see all the attacks upon all of you who have contacted the mods.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Last edited:

Andodalf

Banned
Then the PS5 is not 9.2TF because the conditions where the PS5 is 9.2TF and the XSex is 12TF cannot both be true. That was his point.

That’s a super terrible way to convey that if intended, and the inference is basically that Sony just isn’t allowed to have a weaker console because reasons?

“Similarly, if PS5 is "9.2TF" then XsX is not "12TF".”

What does this mean, when 12 TF has already been confirmed?

That's the point, the MS number of 12TF is confirmed, so it makes that statement irrelevant, so since we know MS is 12TF he says the PS5 is not 9.2TF, so the Github leak is not correct. Judging from all the other insiders everyone is saying they are very close in power, so expect the PS5 to be +/- within a few percent of the XSX.

RaySoft

Sorry but it's a few days of unbridled madness. Another event we were going to attend this week may be canceled by the C-19.

I will clarify several things, you have the bad habit of taking too many things for granted. From the important text that I presented the other day, many remained with the only most irrelevant part.

The new black and cold machine is not a devkit. It is a renderfarm of 26TF. The second most powerful of the company (the most powerful is 48TF).

I can't say anything about the devkits. Although I can say something now that Microsoft has officially published the "number". And what I can say is the following:

If XsX is "12TF" then PS5 is not "9.2TF".

Similarly, if PS5 is "9.2TF" then XsX is not "12TF".

For the rest, your imagination.

I am glad to see that in the survey there is no option of 13.8TF.

giphy.gif

Thank you, I rest my case...

Last edited:

IkarugaDE

“Similarly, if PS5 is "9.2TF" then XsX is not "12TF".”

What does this mean, when 12 TF has already been confirmed?
Stupid comparison but maybe you get what I mean.

Let's say one city is 2 Kilometres away and the other one is 1.25 miles. 1.25 sounds less right?

Last edited:
That’s a super terrible way to convey that if intended, and the inference is basically that Sony just isn’t allowed to have a weaker console because reasons?
It's only terrible because your reading comprehension is terrible. There's no inference either. Stop making assumptions of intent when you have nothing else other than "". The scenario where the XSex is 12TF and the PS5 is 9.2TF cannot both be true at the same time. And since there is official confirmation that the XSex is 12TF, then the PS5 must therefore not be 9.2TF.

Andodalf

Banned
That's the point, the MS number of 12TF is confirmed, so it makes that statement irrelevant, so since we know MS is 12TF he says the PS5 is not 9.2TF, so the Github leak is not correct. Judging from all the other insiders everyone is saying they are very close in power, so expect the PS5 to be +/- within a few percent of the XSX.

So just a tautology. The ps5 can’t be less powerful because the ps5 can’t be less powerful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom