• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Okay, I'll take him literally. XSX might not be 12 TF, MS just lied and is in for a PR nightmare.

You're not getting it.

He's NOW revealing what the developers told him BEFORE the official reveal. They told him that both consoles will be similar in specs. So, this means if the PS5 is 9TF, then so is the Xbox Series X, but if the Xbox Series X is 12TF, then the PS5 will be 12TF, too.

That’s a super terrible way to convey that if intended, and the inference is basically that Sony just isn’t allowed to have a weaker console because reasons?

No, you're just trying to spin his words.

It's not about not being "allowed" to have the weaker console, he's telling you what devs have told him.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I think Microsoft just did. The beauty of competition.
0UGJGvU.jpg

:pie_thinking: :messenger_winking_tongue:

So just a tautology. The ps5 can’t be less powerful because the ps5 can’t be less powerful

Are you just pulling our collective legs on this?

Here is what he said:

Although I can say something now that Microsoft has officially published the "number". And what I can say is the following:

If XsX is "12TF" then PS5 is not "9.2TF".

Similarly, if PS5 is "9.2TF" then XsX is not "12TF".

He is basically saying in two different ways that the PS5 is NOT 9.2TF, because we know the "number" which is 12TF from MS it makes the 2nd statement he made false, and the first statement true, so since the XSX is 12TF, then the PS5 is not 9.2TF which means based on all the other insider info we know so far it is probably very close to power to the XSX. I really don't see how you don't understand this...

Mod of War

Ω
Staff Member
I uploaded a Keanu Reeves meme it got deleted & I threatened to be out of this thread. Ok I respect that decision but many people here go above & beyond in the console war & you didn't do something Mod of War Mod of War

Did you jump to this post without reading many of mine after? I also deleted more blatant ones as well, but you would not have seen them.

Take it to the Meta, this thread isn't about you.

M-V2

Did you jump to this post without reading many of mine after? I also deleted more blatant ones as well, but you would not have seen them.

Take it to the Meta, this thread isn't about you.

this thread isn't about me?? I didn't get what you mean by that, but whatever I will keep silence 🤷

Mod of War

Ω
Staff Member
this thread isn't about me?? I didn't get what you mean by that, but whatever I will keep silence 🤷

I am not asking you to keep silent, I am asking you to not make it about your personal perception that you may or may not feel in this thread.

Take it to the Meta thread to your heart's content.

DaGwaphics

Difference between Sony and MS right now:

xyVZOqq.jpg

That's the part that caught my eye, too. Sony's silence seems strange along with the cancelled events. I know they don't want people to get sick, but they could still release statements on their own website like MS did. That's why I questioned them fretting over the price of components too, just because it seems like it would be a little late in the game to just be negotiating prices on that stuff. I hope this didn't give anyone the idea that I had an "inside" guy or something like that. I'm one of those people that likes to think around things in general, that is all. Like when they talk about a camera built into the PS5, that makes me think that they are trying to build PSVR into the box itself, so that the breakout box and the camera aren't needed. And when the Windows central guy said that they aren't putting 5g chips in XSEX it actually made me think that they were, maybe that is their way of connecting VR (Maybe this is why Lockhart had the collision detection, which was an odd turn of phrase). These are the kinds of guesses that I make, if an odd number of them sound right, I don't know what to say.

I'm being honest for real, no hidden messages.

Bo_Hazem

Banned

Relax, I got a post deleted and never mentioned it. Don't take it personal, mods trying their best to keep this thread checked and monitored. Warm greetings and good night (morning it you're in the far east, afternoon in the west).

Last edited:

M-V2

I am not asking you to keep silent, I am asking you to not make it about your personal perception that you may or may not feel in this thread.

Take it to the Meta thread to your heart's content.

I'm not saying it's personal, I said I respect your decision, plus I will not & go complain on meta or whatever, I will respect what you guys do, as you know I'm new here so pardon me 😅

liviopangt

Neo Member
Hello . and if ps5 uses a new generation raytracing chip that applies ray tracing and texture and leaves only the gpu to generate shading pixel polygons to the gpu?

Last edited:

M-V2

Relax, I got a post deleted and never mentioned it. Don't take it personal, mods trying there best to keep this thread checked and monitored. Warm greetings and good night (morning it you're in the far east, afternoon in the west).

No I'm not taking it personal, as I said I respect their decision, I'm just new here didn't get used to how this thread works out. Thanks for the clarification 👍

Mod of War

Ω
Staff Member
I'm not saying it's personal, I said I respect your decision, plus I will not & go complain on meta or whatever, I will respect what you guys do, as you know I'm new here so pardon me 😅

It's all good. I appreciate the memes and laugh at a lot of them, just try and keep them to a minimum in this thread (within context).

ManaByte ManaByte also made a glorious thread to go at it with your heart's desire.

M-V2

It's all good. I appreciate the memes and laugh at a lot of them, just try and keep them to a minimum in this thread (within context).

ManaByte ManaByte also made a glorious thread to go at it with your heart's desire.

Thanks mate I appreciate it 😁😁

DaGwaphics

Relax, I got a post deleted and never mentioned it. Don't take it personal, mods trying their best to keep this thread checked and monitored. Warm greetings and good night (morning it you're in the far east, afternoon in the west).

Afternoon, seriously, I'm the guy with no friends on the Xbox profile.

Big Navi 80 CU's, 24Gb HBM2e, 2Tb bandwidth
That's probably a 16TF beast.

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
I can't wait to laugh when Sony drops the bombs.
Lol dude, I'm just asking what is the difference between RDNA 1 and 2. My current preference is more towards XSX but that's purely because it seems to be the best console at the moment. If Sony will indeed drop the bombs, there's a high chance I'll switch to PS5 as my first buy. Don't be so insecure about your console of preference, it's just a plastic box that might be delayed because of Corona.

What I like about Mark Cerny is that he doesn't focus on raw power but he focus on features & stuff as well, that's why I think Mark is gonna do better than MS when it comes to ray tracing. And I believe the PS5 is gonna have more advanced features than Xbox Series X
Don't you need raw power for those features to function? You can only put so many chips on something before distance, size, bandwidth and latency becomes an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom