• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck me I even said that a while back as a joke in this thread 🤣🤣🤣

Sony be straight up reading this this and stealing our ideas 🤣🤣🤣

What I will say in a serious note is that to do that, you would need a traditional form factor and flat top.

Pretty cool though, for those who lay it flat.
Yea it needs flat console but I was sure Sony is going chunky flat console . But again this is just a patent and renders one of their accessories useless (ds charging station) so it might not see the light of the day

Last edited:

pasterpl

So Sony patented charging your controller wirelessly on top of the console/pad

hcUV22C.jpg

This is one of these things; "how come no one thought about this before" so obviously useful.

Didn't even AMD themselves stated that Navi/RDNA is up to 40% more efficient (in games) than their previous architecture when launching RX5700 cards? I swear to god I read it, I was obviously very skeptical at first, but then the first benchmarks actually confirmed that 5700XT is indeed performing on par with Radeon VII.
25% based on what AMD said

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Yea it needs flat console but I was sure Sony is going chunky flat console . But again this is just a patent and renders one of their accessories useless (ds charging station) so it might not see the light of the day

Sony parents so much stuff, it’s not even funny. But there’s a reason they do it. Still that doesn’t mean other consoles can’t do it.

I quite like it. I don’t keep my controllers on top though, I keep them to the side, as I’m a neat freak 🤣

Sony parents so much stuff, it’s not even funny. But there’s a reason they do it. Still that doesn’t mean other consoles can’t do it.

I quite like it. I don’t keep my controllers on top though, I keep them to the side, as I’m a neat freak 🤣
Or maybe this is a tin pad accessories you buy and place it on top of the console and use it ? Not sure 🤔

PaNaMa

Banned
I have to believe the average person, the average gamer, knows this Dealer account is a complete and total fraud, a fanboy to the extreme who has no interest in delivering you the truth. I can see why kids latch on to him - he uses the popular lingo, he speaks slowly and clearly (and loudly) in his videos and that gives the uneducated a a sense of confidence in what he is saying - Do not believe his lies. He's the modern day equivalent to the rec.games.video.sega fanboy that could never give SNES any credit. He is not a credible source, hes just loud. I hope everyone knows that.

OMG this guy is the biggest fraud, the page is talking about the leak of GitHub & he talks as if IGN Japan is confirming the leak 🤦🤦🤦

Cmv2RHw.jpg
I didn't even know who he is and clicked a video where he starts with "yeah because PS5 gonna be 399 and less powerful... "
Like, wut? Why? Proof? Wtf is he talking about, this cereal box surprises some people put outside from their wet fantasies are insane.

Last edited:

DrDamn

GCN and Navi talk again? Why😂?

If XSX will use RDNA2, so will PS5! I expect big gains even compared to first gen RDNA.

Isn't Navi still covering RDNA2? I'm confused by it all and AMD don't clarify. RDNA is the new architecture - Navi cards are those based on RDNA. RDNA2 cards are still going to be Navi though aren't they?

E.g.
https://wccftech.com/amd-2nd-gen-rdna-navi-gpu-radeon-rx-graphics-card-ces-2020-rumor/

PaNaMa

Banned
I didn't even know who he is and clicked a video where he starts with "yeah because PS5 gonna be 399 and less powerful... "
Like, wut? Why? Proof? Wtf is he talking about, this cereal box surprises some people put outside from their wet fantasies are insane.

Like you, I checked out a video. It was Repulsive fanboyism at its worst. I can't take someone like that seriously and I certainly wont sponsor it will clicks. I hope young people see it for what it is.

More reaching from xbox fan odium. Whens ps fan odium due to take over again I will let him know to correct you, him whatever. It's all very confusing.

It's almost as if you are making an excuse for @TommyFisher to be correct but still have it as xbox is more powerful.

If ps5 is gcn, which it isn't as navi was basically designed for them, but if we ignore that, they yeah I guess you could be correct.

Forget the fact the although not much can be gained from it, the github leak was rdna based.....

If sony are quick mathing the flops to equate to what a gcn card would be pushing, then so are Microsoft as everyone is saying there is less then 10% difference between them and probably even less when the retail boxes/final spec devkits are out there

Some users are just in panic mode.

Playing the neutral card for months and at the very moment of truth you can see their true nature :)

a1p2z5x.gif

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Sony is planning something.

2020030864.jpg

Translation:
Publication number 2020030864
Publication Type Published Patent Publication (A)
Release date 20200227
Application No. 2019214340
Applicant Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc.
Main classification G06T 19/20 20110101AFI20200131BHJP (calculation; counting)
Abstract: To provide an image processing apparatus capable of providing a realistic lighting effect when a virtual object is synthesized with a landscape image representing a scene of a real space.
A distance image including information indicating a distance to a subject in a real space, and for each of one or a plurality of regions in the distance image, a distance to a subject portion shown in the region, An image processing apparatus that obtains a distance image including information on a color component of the subject portion and generates a composite image in which a virtual object is arranged on a landscape image representing a scene of a real space; The image processing apparatus determines a display color of a virtual object based on a distance to a subject portion and a color component.

The composite image generation unit determines a display color of the virtual object based on a distance to the subject portion in the distance image and a color component.
An image processing apparatus characterized by the above-mentioned.
The present invention relates to an image processing apparatus, an image processing method, a program, and an information storage medium for generating an image obtained by combining a virtual object with a captured image of a camera.

PlayStation Kinect confirmed.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
I love how I’m showing my true nature, by posting actual technical discussion, giving evidence of multiple scenarios for each party, and posting pros and cons for each.

But suddenly because I’m not posting purely positive Sony news at a time when there isn’t any anyway, I’m showing my true colours as a fanboy.

Got it. Because you seem to be adding to the conversation so much, right?

I love how I’m showing my true nature, by posting actual technical discussion, giving evidence of multiple scenarios for each party, and posting pros and cons for each.

But suddenly because I’m not posting purely positive Sony news at a time when there isn’t any anyway, I’m showing my true colours as a fanboy.

Don’t mind it . U r allowed to have preferences and if they don’t like it , it’s on them . They will deal with it . 👍🙏

I wouldn't really call his track record spotless, but when it comes to industry gossip, yeah. He mostly gets rumours right.
There is a video on YouTube that goes over all the last gen rumors from 2012 to 2013 before reveals and you will notice what ever he had said was true from early 2012 to 2013 .

Well, I'm sure there are varying specs amongst dev kits, considering final ones aren't even out yet(save for maybe a couple in first party).

I don't see any reason they couldn't be the 12.4-12.6 target. If that be the case and we take Osiris' numbers, it stands to reason both could round up and say 12TF and 13TF, like what has been said and what we've been hearing..

Again, dev kits aren't final and the final ones will probably be very close to each other.

FranXico

I'm fine with you having different preferences to mine and hope you didn't get my post wrong. I wasn't referring to you.
You do have to admit that some people have become insufferable the last couple of days though. Not only the "desperate losers", but especially the "bad winners".

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Don’t mind it . U r allowed to have preferences and if they don’t like it , it’s on them . They will deal with it . 👍🙏

I absolutely do have a preference to which I prefer, of course. But that doesn’t dictate how I talk about things now. That would make my views on things biased. That’s like having two cars, one much faster, but me constantly talking the fast one down and finding faults in anything and everything just because I don’t like it. It wouldn’t make me very professional would it, if I worked in the car industry?

When Xbox drops the ball, I’m on it. I don’t get called a Sony fanboy. And when Sony drop the ball im on it, but I instantly get called an xbox fanboy.

Guys... it gets tiring. Just discuss the technology in these things, and if that discussion ends up with your product of choice not looking so hot at that moment, just bite your lip. Nothing is perfect. Just enjoy the discussion and stop leaping for the fan boy card when you hear something none positive about your black box.

Be a xbox/ps fan is great. Play the neutral card to pretend to be what you are not, is astroturfing. But this is just my personal opinion.

I just put them on ignore and move on.

And yet you haven’t put me on ignore, otherwise you wouldn’t have posted. Please do so, so you can stop shitting up the thread with unfounded rubbish, cheers

Last edited:

Neo Blaster

Honestly, I haven't seen you posting Xbox cons lately.

Sadly... no. Not quite.

You want these two consoles to be as close as possible, otherwise the games WILL suffer, and things go all lob sided. As I said, jt will fly off the shelves on name alone at first, but then...will it have legs? Against a massively more powerful machine...? Im not so sure.
What i want? 15.9 or more TF mega powa for a 900€ for both and no pro, and Vita 2 and a 8k Nintendo home console (none are going to happen).
What people here and reset say: 9.2 TF, less ram, less power for the same price or 100€ less. What i say, there are wrong... for the price. It's more than 100, at least 150. Again, it's not on what I WANT but a more realistict price point based on what claim the "you have to accept the 9.2 TF, deal with it".

Last edited:

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Honestly, I haven't seen you posting Xbox cons lately.

You also haven’t seen me posting how much I love pizza, but guess what’s for tea?

Actually, I’ve been very much in the line of thinking that, since that drop the other day, Xbox are making all the right moves. I was the first, or at least one of the first, to bring up that they (MS) aren’t being truthful fully with regard to rdna (with it not being 2 exactly but more so 1 with bolted on feature to suit), and how they have left out some key areas. Oh and I think I’ve posted more than anybody else about how utterly stupid the 9.2 talk is. But of course, people have selective reading.

Last edited:
I think the post doesn't work without context. It worked on era because everyone saw the guy i was quoting and how incredibly silly his theory was. .

Its also possible they have a good sense of humor and can handle being made fun of. Several Xbox fans on era saw the funny side of it so maybe there IS hope. There is literally a murder suicide and time travel in that post, surely they know it's a joke.

Or maybe I'm giving them too much credit and they really are that delusional.

Yah. I didn't anticipate it ending up on pastebin though.
Haha I indeed saw your original post and was laughing my ass off but dealer /Tim dog and crew thinks that’s actually what’s happened based on their “sources” 😂

So from now on you will be on of their holy sources 😂

Last edited:
But AMD doesn’t have RT tech yet... they are building it.
Why Sony can’t be build it own RT tech at the same time?

As with all AMD's GPU IP blocks, I expect Sony to use AMD' s hardware implementation for RT, with RT cores embedded in the TMUs, with possibly some customisation.

Any variation will be minor and specific to the overall PS5 system architecture.

DrDamn

I absolutely do have a preference to which I prefer, of course. But that doesn’t dictate how I talk about things now. That would make my views on things biased.

I'd say with the best will in the world it probably does in some - probably very small - way. I have both this gen, I'll have both next gen, but I do have a preference for PS based on a number of personal reasons. I try not to let that affect my opinions on here but it likely does. It's just natural.

That said, as you read through comments here you build up an idea of where people's preferences lie and interpret their comments based on that. I've never put your comments in the strongly biased pot and whilst you admit a preference I do see you trying to view from both sides and value the benefits of both putting out strong machines.

pawel86ck

Banned
Serious question do you expect xsx and ps5 gpu be 7nm euv or 7nm ? So pure rdna 2 or rdna 1.9(all the features of rdna 2 but on 7nm )
I'm not going to guess, however AMD slides suggest 7nm+ for RDNA2 GPUs.

X6hTyFl.jpg

I cant wait to see how big gains RDNA2 has over RDNA1. Leaks suggest massive 50% gains compared to RDNA1.... and not to mention GCN (especially first gen Tahiti).

Lets think about 50% gains for a second and lets assume both consoles will be 12TF RDNA2. 50% sounds too good to be true, but 25%? Why not😃👌. RDNA1 was already 15.6TF GCN Vega equivalent and if you add to that another 25% (RDNA2) gains it should be 19.5TF GCN Vega equivalent. I really think both consoles should run 4K 60fps with ease, and with AI upscaling and VRS on top of that we will probably see some PS4/xbox one ports running at 8K as well.

With such powerful consoles I wonder who would want to build high end PC next year just to match console settings? Nvidia will be not happy 😉

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I wouldn't worry too if Sony don't reveal anything this month, MS despite being more vocal hasn't really shown much.
One reveal event with specs and Demonstrations and some trailers would overshadow what MS has shown so far.
So even if it is in March I wouldn't worry too much.

DrDamn

X6hTyFl.jpg

I cant wait to see how big gains RDNA2 has over RDNA1. Leaks suggest massive 50% gains compared to RDNA1.... and not to mention GCN (especially first gen Tahiti).

Lets think about 50% gains for a second and lets assume both consoles will be 12TF RDNA2. 50% sounds too good to be true, but 25%? Why not😃👌. RDNA1 was already 15.6TF GCN Vega equivalent and if you add to that another 25% (RDNA2) gains it should be 19.5TF GCN Vega equivalent. I really think Both consoles should run 4K 60fps with ease, abd with AI upscaling ans VRS we will probably see some PS4/xbox one ports running at 8K as well.

With such powerful consoles I wonder who would want to build high end PC next year just to match console settings? Nvidia will not be happy 😉

There will be gains, and in some instances 50%, but overall? Probably something a lot more realistic.

X6hTyFl.jpg

Lets think about 50% gains for a second and lets assume both consoles will be 12TF RDNA2. 50% sounds too good to be true, but 25%? Why not😃👌. RDNA1 was already 15.6TF GCN Vega equivalent and if you add to that another 25% (RDNA2) gains it should be 19.5TF GCN Vega equivalent. I really think both consoles should run 4K 60fps with ease, and with AI upscaling and VRS on top of that we will probably see some PS4/xbox one ports running at 8K as well.

With such powerful consoles I wonder who would want to build high end PC next year just to match console settings? Nvidia will be not happy 😉
I have heard many times that they both agreed with amd to call rdna1.9 , rdna2. Meaning they r both still on 7nm but with all rdna 2 features . Let’s see how that unfolds 👀

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom