• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Of course not. Everyone stated 10% differencial should get credit.
I disagree because that could mean anything and to guess they'll be close would mean the majority of people. We already had 12TF and "nearly 13TF" in January and April 2019. That's the baseline. I've asked for specific leaks predating these numbers and haven't seen anything yet. It's not some rhetorical question, do you have any leaks that predate those 2? I'm genuinely curious. I'm not interested in debating your comment about the 10% differential. Please don't respond if that's your intent. With all due respect and friendliness.

DaMonsta

lol

PS4 BC
Xbox One Series X having double digits TFs
Xbox One Series X is 12TFs

Now show me what he said is false? You can’t because he did not say anything wrong until now.
What? Sony said they’d have BC for PS4 a long time ago.
Plenty of people said Xbox would be “double digits” before he did.
Microsoft themselves confirmed 12TF before he did.

Everything he’s been “right” about has been long speculated and confirmed before he said it. If that’s all it takes, then we are all “insiders”

As for him being wrong. He was 100% definitive in saying Lockhart was canceled. We know he was wrong about that. He also said PS5 reveal would be in February. In a couple hours he will be wrong about that too.

And my goal isn’t to discredit him in comparison to any other insider. I just see so many people in this thread giving him undue credit and treating his word as 100% fact to the point were they ridicule other users for being skeptical, and would like to set the record straight so we can move past that in this thread.

LED Guy?

Banned
No he did not.

He said “more powerful”

It was just posted in this thread.
He asked his developer friend "they're double digits" then he said "so more powerful than RX 5700 XT" THEN the developers nodded his head saying "yes", what more do you want?

This here outright means they have more TFlops than RX 5700 XT which 9.75 TFs. Stop it, just stop it.....are you that obtuse or something?

ethomaz

Banned
What? Sony said they’d have BC for PS4 a long time ago.
Plenty of people said Xbox would be “double digits” before he did.
Microsoft themselves confirmed 12TF before he did.

Everything he’s been “right” about has been long speculated and confirmed before he said it. If that’s all it takes, then we are all “insiders”

As for him being wrong. He was 100% definitive in saying Lockhart was canceled. We know he was wrong about that. He also said PS5 reveal would be in February. In a couple hours he will be wrong about that too.

And my goal isn’t to discredit him in comparison to any other insider. I just see so many people in this thread giving him undue credit and treating his word as 100% fact to the point were they ridicule other users for being skeptical, and would like to set the record straight so we can move past that in this thread.
Nope.
He said all the claims before any MS revealed them.
And he was right.

He is indeed credible not just now but from before too.

You don’t want to believe him we get it and you don’t need it.
But to claim he is wrong when he is not is really funny.

If he end being right about PS5 too what you will say?

Last edited:

Fake

I disagree because that could mean anything and to guess they'll be close would mean the majority of people. We already had 12TF and "nearly 13TF" in January and April 2019. That's the baseline. I've asked for specific leaks predating these numbers and haven't seen anything yet. It's not some rhetorical question, do you have any leaks that predate those 2? I'm genuinely curious. I'm not interested in debating your comment about the 10% differential. Please don't respond if that's your intent. With all due respect and friendliness.

Honest question... Are you OK mate? For one moment your post sounds more like a threat.
Anw, I still believe anyone before Benji that stated 10% should get the credit. We can't sure how much people already have those numbers or if they have the right to show numbers before anyone. Again, 10% should be for higher or lower, we don't even know if seX is locked 12TF or some broken numbers like 12.1 or 12.3. Only when release we can rest sure piece by piece.
You stated your point and I stated my. No big deal. Not saying you're wrong, just that I don't agree.
Keep calm dude. Speculation thread remember? Nobody will earn a gold trophy for being right.

Last edited:

DaMonsta

Nope.
He said all the claims before any MS reveal.
And he was right.

He is indeed credible not just now but from before too.

You don’t want to believe him we get it and you don’t need it.
But to claim he is wrong when he is not is really funny.

If he end being right about PS5 too what you will say?
I mean, you can believe what you want. But all the info is out there with dates and your belief is factually incorrect. Do with that what you will.

As for him being “right” about PS5 again lots of rumors well before him said PS5 was “slightly” more powerful

So I don’t know what he even could be “right” about when it comes to PS5
He asked his developer friend "they're double digits" then he said "so more powerful than RX 5700 XT" THEN the developers nodded his head saying "yes", what more do you want?

This here outright means they have more TFlops than RX 5700 XT which 9.75 TFs. Stop it, just stop it.....are you that obtuse or something?
You keep going in circles.

For the last time “more powerful” is not the same as “more flops”

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
I mean, you can believe what you want. But all the info is out there with dates and your belief is factually incorrect. Do with that what you will.

As for him being “right” about PS5 again lots of rumors well before him said PS5 was “slightly” more powerful

So I don’t know what he even could be “right” about when it comes to PS5

You keep going in circles.

For the last time “more powerful” is not the same as “more flops”
It is funny the damage control even before know he is right :D

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Honest question... Are you OK mate? For one moment your post sounds more like a threat.

You stated your point and I stated my. No big deal. Not saying you're wrong, just that I don't agree.
Keep calm dude. Speculation thread remember? Nobody will earn a gold trophy for being right.
I said with all due respect and friendliness to clarify that it's not my intent to be rude. You're not a primary english speaker if I remember correctly, so I wanted to establish that. My participation on this subject is purely to establish the timeline. That's why I don't want to debate your comment. It doesn't establish a number, nor a date. I like you and appreciate your contributions. Please don't misunderstand.

To tell me to "keep calm" is inappropriate in light of how respectful and friendly I was. I believe this comes down to difference in languages. Regardless, let's just agree to disagree, my friend. If you have leaks with specific numbers and date, feel free to tag me.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.

Radeon 5700 XT is between 8.2 and 9.75 TF. Like ... a 9.2.

MarkMe2525

No it is not, despite you trying to pretend it is the same. It would still paint a bad picture on that side because they would both be gloating and trying to spread F.U.D. on the competition.
This goes both ways, stop trying to play the victim here. 6 months ago the narrative was Xbox is stuck with Vega gpu because Sony had Navi exclusivity. It's called confirmation bias. It's not anyone's fault. It's just how our brains work. We reject information that goes against our bias and we accept info that agrees with it bias. Nothing new.

LED Guy?

Banned
Radeon 5700 XT is between 8.2 and 9.75 TF. Like ... a 9.2.
Yeah both consoles have more than 9.75 TF as Klee confirmed, so PS5 is more than that, just like XSX i smore than that.

You guys are really just being blind on purpose, there's no way you guys are functioning right. 😂😂😂

Fake

I said with all due respect and friendliness to clarify that it's not my intent to be rude. You're not a primary english speaker if I remember correctly, so I wanted to establish that. My participation on this subject is purely to establish the timeline. That's why I don't want to debate your comment. It doesn't establish a number, nor a date. I like you and appreciate your contributions. Please don't misunderstand.

To tell me to "keep calm" is inappropriate in light of how respectful and friendly I was. I believe this comes down to difference in languages. Regardless, let's just agree to disagree, my friend. If you have leaks with specific numbers and date, feel free to tag me.

English is not my main language, but thats not mean I can't spot rude posts. Your post are a mix of friendly and rude. If you are in this thread more time should know better that nobody tag anyone becase of some leak because we can't even prove if is fake or not. We just post here leaks/info and move on the conversation. Why anyone should tag just for leak?

Friendly reminder: Just use the ignore button next time. You don't even need waste your time pointing my english.

Last edited:

TLZ

Banned
Guys please take a second to look at this 🤡 😂

Ps5 no raytracing 8TF etc.. and Xbox community refer to him as insider 😂 he thinks xss is better than ps5 cause ps5 has no raytracing . Lol

yDy5FRR.jpg
This is priceless.

darkinstinct

Yeah both consoles have more than 9.75 TF as Klee confirmed, so PS5 is more than that, just like XSX i smore than that.

You guys are really just being blind on purpose, there's no way you guys are functioning right. 😂😂😂
Projection? If it sounds like a duck, looks like a duck, swims like a duck - it's probably a duck. 2019 launch planned, APU with high clock speeds leaks, devkit that sounds like a jet engine leaks - 9.2 TF

darkinstinct

Guys please take a second to look at this 🤡 😂

Ps5 no raytracing 8TF etc.. and Xbox community refer to him as insider 😂 he thinks xss is better than ps5 cause ps5 has no raytracing . Lol

yDy5FRR.jpg
Yeah, that's obviously all kinds of false. But he's just a poster on Era (dukebluesomething) and nobody takes him serious, not in any camp. Also AMD confirmed 7nm for PS5.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Friendly reminder: Just use the ignore button next time. You don't even need waste your time pointing my english.
Are you going to respond with a numbered leak with a date, or continue on in this manner? I don't wish to debate you on a spread encompassing 9-14TF. I wish to establish who provided solid numbers first. I will not block you, and I hope you reconsider your interpretation of my posts. I went out of my way not to be rude. Anyway, I will drop it if that's what you wish.

darkinstinct

Yeah because the numbers weren’t really that impressive if you look at it from the outside, it’s why he did say that and if you see how much these guys from REEEEE expected, they expected 14 TFlops and 16 TFlops GCN of course, so 12 TF would look kinda disappointing.

Yeah, as we have all seen this week, 12 TF were considered a bad joke and way too slow for a next gen console. Oh wait ...

R600

Banned
L
Yeah, that's obviously all kinds of false. But he's just a poster on Era (dukebluesomething) and nobody takes him serious, not in any camp. Also AMD confirmed 7nm for PS5.
Lol no he is not dukeball, he is some asian dude that is probably biggest xbox fan and conspiracy theorist on twitter. Still goes on about Xbone and locked potential.

darkinstinct

Why does MS have such vocal crazy fanboys as this guy while Sony doesn't? I swear you can list more than 10 people not including publications like DF.

Let me introduce you to HipHopGamer and FoxyGamerUK. What is it with such hyperbole, you know very well that both sides have the most retarded fanboys there are.

Fake

Are you going to respond with a numbered leak with a date, or continue on in this manner? I don't wish to debate you on a spread encompassing 9-14TF. I wish to establish who provided solid numbers first. I will not block you, and I hope you reconsider your interpretation of my posts. I went out of my way not to be rude. Anyway, I will drop it if that's what you wish.
Just drop it. You're become annoying. I not an insider or even bring news about numbers. Before even Benji stated 12TF, some here/resetera already being saying the differencial between seX and PS5 are 10%, mininal or my favorite 'close'. Just do some search dude.

LED Guy?

Banned
3-4 times over the course of its rampup to retail. Not daily changes or few days or weekly like insiders numbers change. Like I already said and you either chose to miss or whatever it is you do to sidetrack the issue lol
Nope, what I said isn’t sidetracking at all, you just don’t want to take it because it doesn’t make your Xbox look weaker than PS5, 4 times the dev kits that’s a lot.

TLZ

Banned
Incorrect.

Github was regression test containing data for Native, BC1 and BC2 modes.
So 36 CUs, exactly like Pro CUs, which points to BC.

Then 2ghz (possibly PS5 native or max clock stress test), 911mhz (Pro speed) and 800mhz (PS4 speed). All these to test BC and compatibility.

So pray tell, how does this prove PS5 is limited to 36 CUs? Everything about this points to BC tests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom